Scratches and Blemishes how to deal?

Sorry about the mod, must be a sad day OR a reason to get a NEW one... :)

...of course, that is why i have the mod in pieces on the table, explaining to my wife (the SHE E.O) what is happening, and "how bad it is" and "it is kaput" and "I know a good price of another one" and and and.... ;)

I am really sorry for derailing your thread @Hanre "Trol" Slier please don't slay me :2guns:

Dam, not something I have had happen to me before. Could it be that over time some juice collected in there and has gotten sticky maybe causing the problem? Or has the little spring suffered some mishap? Hope you can figure it out bud, otherwise there is someone on the site that does fixes, maybe he can replace the 510 for you?

pm sent

...of course, that is why i have the mod in pieces on the table, explaining to my wife (the SHE E.O) what is happening, and "how bad it is" and "it is kaput" and "I know a good price of another one" and and and.... ;)

I am really sorry for derailing your thread @Hanre "Trol" Slier please don't slay me :2guns:

Hahaha well said. good luck for a new buy.

Hahaha no worries always something to learn in all posts... thanx for sharing info.

Hahaha well said. good luck for a new buy.

Hahaha no worries always something to learn in all posts... thanx for sharing info.

@Hanre "Trol" Slier , I was thinking
A way to get you to not stress so much over scratches and blemishes is as follows:

Buy yourself a relatively inexpensive mod that you allocate to being your "scratched" mod. Don't molly coddle it. Just use it naturally and let it get a few bumps and scratches here and there. Say to yourself this is your special mod for that purpose. You might find that mod liberates you somewhat.

Despite that, I do understand that scratches or damage on prized items can drive a person crazy. Happens to me too.

@Hanre "Trol" Slier , I was thinking
A way to get you to not stress so much over scratches and blemishes is as follows:

Buy yourself a relatively inexpensive mod that you allocate to being your "scratched" mod. Don't molly coddle it. Just use it naturally and let it get a few bumps and scratches here and there. Say to yourself this is your special mod for that purpose. You might find that mod liberates you somewhat.

Despite that, I do understand that scratches or damage on prized items can drive a person crazy. Happens to me too.

Hi @Silver thanx for the great idea. Never thought about that before. Think that is the best idea by far. Think cheap and maybe plastic. Now time to start looking for a mod for the job...

Hi @Silver thanx for the great idea. Never thought about that before. Think that is the best idea by far. Think cheap and maybe plastic. Now time to start looking for a mod for the job...

Marvellous!

I have the Aegis Legend as well exactly because of my OCD. I had the Revenger X and couldnt handle how quickly it would scratch and get fingerprints so I gave it to the wife and got the Legend. Its been on a few installations with me and Ive dropped it already.Still looks the same as the day I bought it. The screen can pickup fingerprints and dirt as well but I love that I can wash it under a tap which Ive done more than once.

I have the Aegis Legend as well exactly because of my OCD. I had the Revenger X and couldnt handle how quickly it would scratch and get fingerprints so I gave it to the wife and got the Legend. Its been on a few installations with me and Ive dropped it already.Still looks the same as the day I bought it. The screen can pickup fingerprints and dirt as well but I love that I can wash it under a tap which Ive done more than once.

Seems to me that i will have to get an Aegis Legend, have only heard good things about it and it looks good to.

Thanx for twisting my arm the final bit...

Seems to me that i will have to get an Aegis Legend, have only heard good things about it and it looks good to.

Thanx for twisting my arm the final bit...
It's a good mod. The only issue is temp control doesn't work. Other than that I haven't had any issues.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Bought some spray from builders.

Sprayed a mod last night at 10pm and wasn't happy with the clumping.
Peels off easily. Maybe easier than the vaporshark finish :D

Will hang up some time in near future and try again.
20181109_172908.jpg 20181109_210421.jpg IMG-20181109-WA0068.jpeg

So apparently 1921 wasn't a good year
No it was more a case of me being lazy and not painting in the correct manner.
The finish with 2 coats was superb, laying it on newspaper was not the best idea I had last night.

If you want to paint a device(metal), you can also try Hammerite. It has a rough type texture, but you can now also get smooth Hammerite. It dry in an hour or two, but actually takes about two week to properly harden, but its a very hard/strong paint.
This is what the normal finish look like, the smooth is normal like any other enamelimages (1).jpeg

Well the Vaping bogan thought that the best thing about the Moonbox is the two removable tins. He said it will look great when it gets scratched and dented over time and look like old oil cans.
So I cant wait till mine get some character

A bit off topic here but my hexohms I use at home. I have a mouse pad on my desk that I rest all my mods on and my vapeshelf also have a mouse pad where the mods live on when not in use.

Four out and about the mods go into desce sleeves.
I don't blame you as I've always thought Hexohms are great looking mods,simple and elegant.

I posted this a year ago:

I came across this on FB. The guy said that he applied candy colours (a transparent car paint so you can see the design underneath) and automotive clear coat to the mod which he built.

Painting a mod.jpg

Came out beautifully.
Just need to reassemble at some point.
As for the robustness, I will update with time.20181206_035909.jpg 20181206_021011.jpg

I heard that engine block spray paint is a really hard wearing paint for obvious reasons. Only prob is that you only get about 5 colours. Dont know if this will work on plastic though

I heard that engine block spray paint is a really hard wearing paint for obvious reasons. Only prob is that you only get about 5 colours. Dont know if this will work on plastic though
Will look into this. The body is metal.

Back