Second RTA

Braki

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I want to get another RTA and I have 3 (now 4) that I see pop up a lot and not sure which one is best to take. There is a lot of people for them and a lot against them. I find the Ammit 25 very easy to rewick. I haven't replaced a coil yet, but that will probably happen this week. Also one that the parts available in SA and not going to cost me a lot.

Which one will be the second choice and why?

Last edited:
I want to get another RTA and I have 3 that I see pop up a lot and not sure which one is best to take. There is a lot of people for them and a lot against them. I find the Ammit 25 very easy to rewick. I haven't replaced a coil yet, but that will probably happen this week. Also one that the parts available in SA and not going to cost me a lot.

Which one will be the second choice and why?

Out of the list the Zeus because it's great tank! But I would add the Kylin Mini to the list!

@Braki you want a single coil rta or a dual coil rta?
I have been facing the exact same thing as you of not knowing which rta to get after my last attempt with the first batch of Kylins ive stayed away from rta and settled with keeping the ones i own and love.

I actually just pulled the trigger on a manta rta and keeping my fingers crossed. But after all the research ive done i think it's what im looking for.

@Braki , I'm not going to choose because I am biased towards the OBS Engine Nano's, I have 4 Nano's because of their good flavour, no leaking, and ease of wicking. I also have a Zeus, which is more finicky but is a great tank with great flavour, no leaking. On the other two I have no experience.

If you have no problem with the Amit, then the Zeus should not be a problem, as long as you follow some advice posted on this site already regarding the wicking. It is not going to be an easy choice, but good luck with that. Maybe see if you can find vapers near you that might have them and ask if you can try it out. Unfortunately our tastes differ as does our preference. The Amit and Zeus should be near enough to each other airflow wise, so if you like the one you may like the other.
Good luck in your choice and many happy clouds to you.

Thanks for creating this thread. Going through the same dilemma. Obs nano is already on my list. No specific reason for this choice, just want to try top airflow and this seems to be the only top airflow RTA where the airflow is directed to the side of the coil rather than the top. I strongly believe that when the airflow is from the top or side of the coil, performance is much better.
Will be ordering from 3fvape along with @Moerse Rooikat . The second RTA will be as per the outcome of this thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for creating this thread. Going through the same dilemma. Obs nano is already on my list. No specific reason for this choice, just want to try bottom airflow and this seems to be the only top airflow RTA where the airflow is directed to the side of the coil rather than the top. I strongly believe that when the airflow is from the top or side of the coil, performance is much better.
Will be ordering from 3fvape along with @Moerse Rooikat . The second RTA will be as per the outcome of this thread.

wife is using the obs nano i am a duel coil man so i will be getting me the duel coil version

I actually just pulled the trigger on a manta rta and keeping my fingers crossed. But after all the research ive done i think it's what im looking for.

The Manta is an excellent RTA, I believe you will be very happy with it! I really love mine, flavour is very good.

My first recommendation would be the OBS Nano. I do not know the Zeus, but from feedback and observed design, I would place it second. After almost loosing a mod due to not leaking but condensation around the bottom airflow, I now have a rule of not even taking a second look at bottom airflow atties.

The SM25 was highly hyped and I do believe some users were lucky with it. It never worked for me and would either dry hit or leak. Wicking that thing correctly seems too much of a challenge.

The Kylin I know nothing about, probably due to my above mentioned rule.

All in all, the OBS would be my first choice and is the only RTA currently in use in this household. We are running three of them.

Regards

Think I need to look at top airflow designs. The Ammit 25 don't leak all the time, but when it does it kinda makes me want to take it off and put it somewhere where I will forget about it.
@Braki , a lot more tank manufacturers are going top airflow as technology now allows for similar flavour and performance that was previously not attainable, and they don't leak, something most people appreciate. I have had a tank do a number 1 in my shirt pocket, and it isn't nice. You're always wiping its nose or its bum. I have some that I do not mind doing this with as it is more condensation than leaking, but some just flush, different thing.

I like the OBS Nano for its ease of build, the space on the deck, it's very accommodating with wicking, and gives good to great flavour, making it an easy tank for beginners and oldies alike. I have not been sorry for getting them, I have 4. I am selling my Zeus, not because it is a bad tank, but it doesn't suit my vaping style anymore, but the OBS option never came to mind. If you get one, I don't think you will be sorry, it's a workhorse with a racehorse attitude. If nothing else, just give it a chance and see before you decide, for your own peace of mind.
RF

I missed the OBS Nano somehow. Never got one and reading all the positive comments i have some fomo now. Lol.

Just wondering @Room Fogger , @Raindance , @Andre - whats its airflow like and where do you feel its "sweet spot" is? Restricted lung hit I presume?

Im defineltly picking up the Asmodus Zesthia. it hasnt had a lot of hype as its still new. But has some very good reviews,

http://www.vapepulse.co.za/index.php?route=product/product&path=81&product_id=1238

asMODus-Zesthia-RTA-2.jpg

Had two of the rta's in the poll,wouldnt vote for either of them.

However,the best RTA which I have ever owned is the Asmodus Voluna and it is my daily runner.It is AMAZING on flavour as well as some decent cloud production.

I missed the OBS Nano somehow. Never got one and reading all the positive comments i have some fomo now. Lol.

Just wondering @Room Fogger , @Raindance , @Andre - whats its airflow like and where do you feel its "sweet spot" is? Restricted lung hit I presume?
That's the beauty of the tank, you can have airflow for a day, or go nearly as low as a Skyline without a disc, but with both airflow open, and that is my main reason for keeping them. I can pull a Zeus, and then drop wattage and get Semi Skyline. It is just an amazing tank imho. Right coil and the options if you are stuck with one option is what makes it a winner for me.

That's the beauty of the tank, you can have airflow for a day, or go nearly as low as a Skyline without a disc, but with both airflow open, and that is my main reason for keeping them. I can pull a Zeus, and then drop wattage and get Semi Skyline. It is just an amazing tank imho. Right coil and the options if you are stuck with one option is what makes it a winner for me.

So well explained @Room Fogger :headbang:
Sounds like a major win

Back