Serpent Mini 25 dual coil vs Reload RTA

AlphaDog

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Is there anyone out there that has/can comment on the serpent mini 25 with the dual coil deck versus the reload rta? Everytime i vape on my serpent, with just the right build and just the right wicking, it just blows me away. I have an ammit dual, two Aromamizer supreme v2's, a limitless classic rdta, and the OG Aromamizer 22mm rta - and the serpent, flavour wise, is just fantastic. I'm wondering just how the much hyped reload compares.

There's a very specific reason I wanted to have these two tanks compared:
  • They're both bottom airflow
  • They both have restricted airflow - aka, a restricted lung hit
  • They are about the same size (height and capacity)
  • They are dual coil and single coil capable
I'd like to know, aesthetics and price aside - if you were blindfolded, which vapes better?

:)

There's a very specific reason I wanted to have these two tanks compared:
  • They're both bottom airflow
  • They both have restricted airflow - aka, a restricted lung hit
  • They are about the same size (height and capacity)
  • They are dual coil and single coil capable
I'd like to know, aesthetics and price aside - if you were blindfolded, which vapes better?

:)
I dont use my SM25 anymore. That should answer your question :)

I dont use my SM25 anymore. That should answer your question :)
Dammmmit man, I'm trying to find reasons NOT to buy another atty hahaha. I want people to say "the serpent mini 25 is great, no need for the reload"

Dammmmit man, I'm trying to find reasons NOT to buy another atty hahaha. I want people to say "the serpent mini 25 is great, no need for the reload"
I haven't tried the SM25 but I can tell you this much ... you can't go wrong with the Reload.
It is worth every penny!

I haven't tried the SM25 but I can tell you this much ... you can't go wrong with the Reload.
It is worth every penny!
Ok... So just one question then, does it ooze juice onto your mod? All of my bottom airflow attys do it and i now dont use them on my dna 250 mods... And which colour should i get? Also, my wife is gona kill me...

Ok... So just one question then, does it ooze juice onto your mod? All of my bottom airflow attys do it and i now dont use them on my dna 250 mods... And which colour should i get? Also, my wife is gona kill me...
I've had absolutely zero oozing or leaking from this RTA. Not a drop. I'm not saying its impossible, it is bottom airflow... but I'm a complete idiot when it comes to wicking and it has not let me down.
Color is super subjective. I have the stainless and my friend has the gold. Both look fantastic. Personally I like the look of the black one least but I've only seen pictures, maybe an IRL experience will change my mind on that.
Just something to keep in mind. Divorce means that your wife can't kill you anymore... it does however mean a raging ex-wife can and probably will torture you to death. Do with that what you must :p

I've had absolutely zero oozing or leaking from this RTA. Not a drop. I'm not saying its impossible, it is bottom airflow... but I'm a complete idiot when it comes to wicking and it has not let me down.
Color is super subjective. I have the stainless and my friend has the gold. Both look fantastic. Personally I like the look of the black one least but I've only seen pictures, maybe an IRL experience will change my mind on that.
Just something to keep in mind. Divorce means that your wife can't kill you anymore... it does however mean a raging ex-wife can and probably will torture you to death. Do with that what you must :p
Rofl! I'm referring to the Kylin/Ammit condensation issue. My Serpent does it too - after a day's vaping, there's juice under the tank and on the mod's 510. I'm assuming the reload would do the same?

Rofl! I'm referring to the Kylin/Ammit condensation issue. My Serpent does it too - after a day's vaping, there's juice under the tank and on the mod's 510. I'm assuming the reload would do the same?
Here is the RTA off the mod, no cleaning:
ZvCR82e.jpg

This after about 4 days and probably 20+ full tanks. I hope that shows what you want to see?

Here is the RTA off the mod, no cleaning:
ZvCR82e.jpg

This after about 4 days and probably 20+ full tanks. I hope that shows what you want to see?
Yep! That's impressive! Thanks very much for taking the pic!

Yep! That's impressive! Thanks very much for taking the pic!
My pleasure man. More than happy to help.
Its a pricey tank but the price is justified. I don't know anyone that has this tank and is not happy with it.

Too lazy to type so i will just say. I agree with everything @TheV has said.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Never could get the serpent to wick correctly on the dual deck, I would say go for the reload if you don't mind paying the premium price.

like everyone else said, you cant go wrong with the reload. In its time the SM25 was one of the best but alot has improved since then. Reload is the only RTA apart from the OBS Engine that has never given me any condensation at the 510

Update: I ordered a stainless steel Reload now. :)

Regarding the SM25, I have never had wicking issues with the dual deck - I removed that silly wick ring though, which is probably why it performs so well.
So I see that the reload grub screws are a bit crappy, can I use my Aromamizer Supreme V2's strengthened spare grub screws in the Reload instead?

Update: I ordered a stainless steel Reload now. :)

Regarding the SM25, I have never had wicking issues with the dual deck - I removed that silly wick ring though, which is probably why it performs so well.
So I see that the reload grub screws are a bit crappy, can I use my Aromamizer Supreme V2's strengthened spare grub screws in the Reload instead?
Awesome! Congratulations man. You will not be disappointed. Come post in the Reload thread with your experiences when you get it.
What mod will you primarily be running it on?

I haven't had any issues with the grub screws but if the thread is the same I don't see why not.

Awesome! Congratulations man. You will not be disappointed. Come post in the Reload thread with your experiences when you get it.
What mod will you primarily be running it on?

I haven't had any issues with the grub screws but if the thread is the same I don't see why not.
I'll be running it on my Therion.
Its a black edition Therion, but I chose the stainless steel Reload because I felt it looks nicer.
I reckon it'd still pair well on that mod looks wise.

I'll be running it on my Therion.
Its a black edition Therion, but I chose the stainless steel Reload because I felt it looks nicer.
I reckon it'd still pair well on that mod looks wise.
Most certainly. It looks fantastic on my black Alien.
I'm looking at getting a black Therion 75C in the near future. What a lovely device!

Most certainly. It looks fantastic on my black Alien.
I'm looking at getting a black Therion 75C in the near future. What a lovely device!
I'd wait for the higher wattage colour DNA mods to come out. 75w is too little power for big dual coil builds.

My DNA devices are a Triade DNA 250, a ThinkVape Finder DNA 250, and the Therion 166 DNA 250.
My HCigar VT200's second Lipo pack died after only two months, so that's just a paper weight right now :(

I think this is a fantastic deal btw:
https://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/featured-products/products/thinkvape-finder-250-dna
I got the red one last week...

Only thing to remember with this mod is that it only supports up to 25mm attys because it has like a cup around the 510 area, whereas the Triade can support any size atty - not sure if that makes a difference to you.

I could imagine the Ammit 25 dual and kylin would have a similar sort of vape to the reload. The build decks are pretty much so similar.
62697c797d949f781a4e6e21a6633715.jpg f9d2ed9134aa20951ce2f5444f2f86de33501527.jpg foSMXOE.jpg

I'd wait for the higher wattage colour DNA mods to come out. 75w is too little power for big dual coil builds.

My DNA devices are a Triade DNA 250, a ThinkVape Finder DNA 250, and the Therion 166 DNA 250.
My HCigar VT200's second Lipo pack died after only two months, so that's just a paper weight right now :(

I think this is a fantastic deal btw:
https://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/featured-products/products/thinkvape-finder-250-dna
I got the red one last week...

Only thing to remember with this mod is that it only supports up to 25mm attys because it has like a cup around the 510 area, whereas the Triade can support any size atty - not sure if that makes a difference to you.
Excuse the delayed response. Things are a bit crazy at the office at the moment.
Thanks for the detailed post. Damn, that Finder looks like quite a serious machine! A bit too big for my personal preference though. I like a smaller profile dual battery mod personally.
As for the power, 75W should be fine for my needs. 99.9% of my vaping sits below 50W. My Reload is currently sitting at 45W (@ 0.35ohm) and the result is fantastic. I hardly ever go over 60W.
In the odd instance that I would want to, for whatever reason, I have the Minikin v2 up to 180W and the Alien up to 220W.
None of this is meant to knock your high powered beasts. Just different strokes for different folks :)

@AlphaDog seems this has been covered extensively

My 2c, they are in different classes, simply due to the size if the chamber the SM25 is optimised for simple economic builds where the reload seems to targets higher wattage/airflow/fat exotic builds

Bare in mind i haven't used a reload / any RTA since Feb

Back