Share your starter kit experiences :)

Vaponaut12

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Salutations my fellow vapers!

I've had my iJust2 for about 2 weeks now and i love it!

The flavour is quite great and the amount of vapour is amazing. I use the 0.3ohm EC coil that comes with the kit and vape The Riddler from firetrap vape, love the flavour!

Just want to know what everyone else started with and how your journey has been so far!

Thanks for the awesome forum and happy vaping!
Vaponaut12

i started on a playboy e-cig from checkers and then moved onto a chinese CE4. this got me off smoking for 4 weeks before i upgraded to a twisp. all this happened around 2 years ago (i just hit my 2 year mark this weekend, lol)

back them it was 1.8-2ohm coils at a full 8W of power !

i started on a playboy e-cig from checkers and then moved onto a chinese CE4. this got me off smoking for 4 weeks before i upgraded to a twisp. all this happened around 2 years ago (i just hit my 2 year mark this weekend, lol)

back them it was 1.8-2ohm coils at a full 8W of power !

Sounds like quite the journey, glad it helped with the stinkies! Oh, and congrats on the 2 year mark!

What setup are you vaping now?
Any recommended juices?

Sounds like quite the journey, glad it helped with the stinkies! Oh, and congrats on the 2 year mark!

What setup are you vaping now?
Any recommended juices?

today's kit :)

the crius plus (dual claptons) on the minikin and vaping some Boosted - Glazed Donuts

Twisp got me off the cigarettes over 2 years ago. Moved to a proper vape setup at the beginning of the year when my Twisp Aero broke. Been upgrading / changing Vapes ever since.

@shaunnadan ,if by flavour profiles do you mean what sort of ranges of flavour I enjoy, then I haven't really found it yet.

I've only tried three different juices so far, all 0mg.
I've tried the Strawberry and Menthol from Liqua, really enjoyed the menthol, liked the cooling effect it has on your throat. Currently vaping the Riddler from Firetrap Vape, it's a mixture of 16 different fruits. really enjoying that one!

But I need to get another flavour soon to balance it out because i'm starting to taste the riddler less and less, any suggestions?

@shaunnadan , I'm still in the experimental phase, so i'm open to any suggestions. Just not anything overly sweet.

the best thing is to try different profiles and see which ones you gravitate towards. then rotate juices so that you don't develop "Vapors Tongue/Fatigue"

tobacco
menthol
fruity
bakery
dessert
sweet
etc

personally, I like bakery profiles. not too sweet but has a nice warm "fuzzy" feeling

I started with a Twisp in 2009, which cost me R1400. It was a bit kack, it was one of the first models where you had to drip juice into the cotton in the mouthpiece and then hold the button down for about ten seconds to get a tiny whiff of vapor. I tried it for a while but reverted to cigs. In Jan of this year, I decided to quit smoking again. I took the Twisp out of the cupboard and tried to fire it up but the batteries were kaput. I took it to a Twisp stall believing, like a n00b, that they'd still have batteries for the 2009 model. They told me that's not a Twisp, I told them it bleeding well is and showed them the little branded carrier box to prove it. They said well that's a discontinued model so you suck and will have to buy a new one. Which, being a n00b, I did. It gurgled and leaked and the battery went pap every two hours so I took it back and whined and threatened till they gave me my money back.

I was driving home, thoroughly gatvol of this whole e-cig nonsense, when I saw a sign outside my neighbourhood shopping centre which said "Vape bar now open". It was inside the bottle store and I went in to have a squiz. I saw these big square metal boxes and decided that is just ridiculous, you can't smoke something like that. But the assistant showed me a VaporZone Air which I loved. It looked like a cig, made a decent cloud (compared to the Twisp) and it only cost R250. So I had a go and rather liked it. Then, when I was buying more juice for it the next week, I asked the assistant to show me how these big metal boxes work. He took out a red one (I'm guessing that was a Kanger Subox) and blew out a huge cloud of vapour. I pretended to not be very impressed but secretly I was. So I rushed home and hit google to find out more about these strange square devices.

My first mod, purchased after much trawling of reviews on YouTube and settled by a raving recommendation from a strange hyper fellow I'd just seen called Rip something or other, was the mighty Eleaf 60W iStick starter kit with Melo 2 tank. I ordered the starter kit, a 25R and some stock coils but didn't think to order juice. No problem, I still had a few bottles of the 18mg juice I'd been using in my cigalike. So I carefully assembled everything, filled up the tank with the 18mg, took a nice long hit and thought "Hmmm, this is... interesting." So then I took another hit. And then a few more. And before I knew it, I was walking naked through the neighbourhood, jousting at imaginary dragons, going Oyoyaieeewooooh, and frightening small children.

After I'd bought some slightly less hazardous juice, I was in heaven. I had everything I needed to quit smoking with ease, I've got my gear now, that's it, finish en klaar, no more. But then it took me about two weeks to decide that stock coils weren't really doing it for me. So I bought an Avo 24. But now I needed a second mod as well coz I can't vape while it's charging. So another 60W iStick joined the club. And more batts, oh and a charger too. And then the Merlin was released, and so was the Pico. And then I realised I could make juice much cheaper than I could buy it. And then things kinda got out of hand. I keep telling my bank manager that it wasn't me, it must have been a sinister cartel that got hold of my credit card details. But he's not buying it. :(

@OnePowerfulCorsa , Nice setup you have there (i say this as i google 2/3 of your devices).

Which is your favourite rig?
And how are they treating you?

Currently it is the Minikin with the TFV8 Baby beast this changes constantly. I also have my Pico kit which I am letting go because it is not being used and it was my favorite two weeks ago:D

@RichJB I had a very similar experience to you. Just look at my signature and you will see what I have acquired, in the same order, in 8 and a half months!

All the money I have spent has translated into one of the best, most fulfilling, "hobbies" I have ever done. There are so many facets to vaping, it's almost a "science", or an art, if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started out with the Twisp Clearo in December 2014, I thought it was the bees knees but my OCD compelled me to do some research on the internet. Soon I found Ecigssa and Vapeking and I was horrified when I saw what I could have got instead of the Twisp for much better prices. After some more research, I decided to get a Smok M80 with Kangertech Subtank Mini in April 2015. I was happy because now I could build my own coils and started looking for cheaper juice as well, and that's how I discovered DIY.

After about a month of vaping heaven, I saw the Evic VTC racing yellow and the Billow and knew that I had to have those as well. A few months passed and I came across the Smok X Cube and TFV4 and I bit the bullet once again. I converted a few of my friends to vaping and gave away my M80 and subtank and Evic VTC and Billow to another friend.

About 3 months ago the X-Cube started acting up and I had no back-up as I gave away all my other devices. I first got the RX200s and Limitless Plus and then more recently the RX2/3 and Azeroth.

I realised that buying vape gear makes me very happy recently and I feel the urge to buy something every month which my wallet doesnt agree with...

A number of years ago my wife bought me a sig-a-like device and some juice. The cartomiser type. Cost her around R800. I tried but it just did not work. About a year later a friend gave me his cig-a-like for free but that was much the same as the first. Couple of months went by and I bought the Enjoy as it was supposed to be a upgrade. Was disappointed again and left the whole idea for a couple of years.

About September 2015 my sister in law gave me the little Twisp Solo. I left it in the cupboard as I thought to myself this is just another waste of time and money. In January this year my sister in law was coming for a visit and I took the Solo out because I wanted to be able to say I at least tried it.
I was surprised that I actually got some satisfaction from it. It was not enough but I started to see the light. In February I upgraded to the Twisp Aero for better battery life and more power. It worked. It got me 90% off the stinkies.

In April this year we were on holiday and I wanted even more satisfaction because when the Aero was flat I was still taking a sig. So I asked Google what to do and low-and-behold there was a whole world out there that I knew nothing about.

I found eCigssa and this thread http://www.ecigssa.co.za/intro-to-vaping-the-subox-mini.t12498/
I phoned around and Vape King Gesina had stock.
Got in the car and drove 2.5 hours from our holiday to buy the Topbox starter kit. And I loved it! It was just great! Struggled to find the right juice to stop smoking completely by persisted and now I am free.:aaaaa:

Bought the Kangertech Kbox 120 as a second device and the Subox mini tank as a spare. Great device. The dual batteries give me 2 days.
I then bought the pico kit and visited a friend. I offered him the choice between the Topbox Mini and the Pico kit and he picked the Pico. Gave it to him with a smile.
I then wanted to help another friend to stop smoking and I bought a Balrog 70 from @Cobrali and when he heard it was a pif, he gave it to me much cheaper. Bought some tanks from @Schnappie and put a kit together for him. That was nr 2.
Then a lady friend wanted to stop as well so I bought a Smok Stick Pro from @Greyz and he also contributed because it was a pif. She was ecstatic and still is. She is now comletely sig free for 6 days. :party:

Bought tickets for us and a smoker friend of mine to Vapecon and he got himself a AIO. He is down from 30 a day to 4 a day. :campeon:

I got my new Fuchai 213 at Vapecon and I am using my Topbox tank on it with RBA with SS spaced coils 0.3ohms in TC and it's great! Great flavour and good clouds and it is still economical on the juice.

In the meantime I also started DIYing and all of this is now my hobby. I don't even want to know how much money I spent, but it was worth every cent.

Sorry if it sounds like I am bragging, but the whole pif thing has me so excited. The feeling of giving somebody a thing that could ultimately save their life is intoxicating. A big thanks to everyone on this forum that helped me on my journey and specifically helped me to help others.

Here is to you all
:beer-toast1: :number_one:

My wife decided she wanted to stop smoking a few months ago and after about a thousand on the credit card we walked away from the twisp kiosk in clearwater with a Twisp solo and a few bottles of Juice. This was on the Thursday and by the Sunday she was cranky as hell. The device would leak constantly and she had already burned through two coils. Finally after a trip to the Twisp kiosk, a huge fight with the guy working there and yet more money on the credit card she came home with a Twisp edge. This little device did wonders for her, so much so that I decided i should bite the bullet and give it a try too, and after a bit of research decided on a EGO AIO.

This was the prefect little starter device, mimicked a cigarette enough for me to break the habit. This little device became a highly contested piece of property in our house. Compared to the twisp this thing could throw clouds which really impressed the wife and more often than not I would find it missing and her with a smile on her face. She then decided that she would take over my AIO to replace her twisp and I could get an upgrade.

Did a little more research and after a little bit of advice from this forum and @Rob Fisher in particular I decided to get myself a Pico Kit. True to all the words of warning I got on this forum, no sooner had I gotten home I was sitting with the AIO again while my wife was puffing away on my brand new pico. The next day, we both had Picos and haven't looked back since.

The Picos are still in use daily and the Little AIO has subsequently been loaned to two of my now ex-smoker friends who have both bought themselves pico kits and handed it back. It is now patiently waiting for the next person to ask about how to get onto this vaping business.

Salutations my fellow vapers!

I've had my iJust2 for about 2 weeks now and i love it!

The flavour is quite great and the amount of vapour is amazing. I use the 0.3ohm EC coil that comes with the kit and vape The Riddler from firetrap vape, love the flavour!

Just want to know what everyone else started with and how your journey has been so far!

Thanks for the awesome forum and happy vaping!
Vaponaut12

Hi bud hope you keeping well.

2012 First attempt at vaping a cheap ass e-cigarrete that looked like a cig (lasted a day and gave up on vaping)

2013 second device was a twisp clearo only vaped for about 3 months and went back to cigs (cause of cheap ass china mall juice and battery started to pack up)

2015 I say this is my first real device a istick tc40w kit i got in december. This is when i discoverd the amazing flavour and vapour you can get from a vape.

And lets just say kit wise alot has happend since then (as with most of us here on ecigssa)

But its because we choose to make this our hobby.
This is the first hobby which i am truly passionate about not only for health reasons but its the first time i actualy paractise my hobby every single day for 8 months now and dont get bored.

Ecigssa is part of my daily ritual too so besides vaping im on here daily looking at whats going on in the vaping community.

Vaping + Ecigssa = Best dam HOBBY ever...

Vape on....

In 2013 I decided to quit smoking, I then went onto rollies as I was still very skeptical about vape regarding water on the lungs etc.. haha.. I did some research for the next few months then forgot about it, one day I think in 2014 I walked past a twisp store and decided to check it out. Bought my self the Clearo set (2 devices) R1400 and some juice. That day I was the last rollie I ever smoked.

I am not going to get into the twisp issues and hellopeter etc.. but it cost me around 5k because of their crappy after service and. I then decided to branch out, found this forum and started reading EVERYTHING lol.

I then upgraded to a subtank mini kit. Enjoyed this guy so much.

I then upgraded my tank to a bellus and vtc mod.

My current setup is a Pico and serpent mini. (stealth vape ftw)

Well, its been a hell of a ride in these past 1 and a half months. A friend of mine and I would go out fairly regularly for pub evenings on a wednesday. He and I would smoke our pipes feeling like real sirs and I would puff away a box of stinkies in a night and wake up the next morning with hell just a small swallow away...

He gets on google one day and shows me these videos of beardy faced, sandal and pyjama wearing vegetarians sucking on strange boxes and blowing clouds that could embarrass my mahindra. I ask him why he showed this to me and he says, "I do not want to examine your tonsils everytime we talk, your constant hacking and wheezing irritates me. Those cigs are gonna kill you quiker than you think cause I will stuff them all down your throat just to shut you up!"

I gathered up the broken peices of my pride and headed online to see what all the fuss was about. That lead me to this forum. Had a look around the newbies section and decided I would try and find me a kangertech starter. Scrounged up what cash I could and headed off to the vaperite stand in eastgate. Still unsure if that is what I really wanted to do, I paced up and down past that stand 3 times before chatting to the guy at the counter.

I nervously asked for the NEBOX kit and this guy just took one look at me and could tell I was drowning. The patience, time and expertise given to me that day, I will not forget. He took the time to show-and-tell me almost every gadget he had at his disposal, allowed me to sample his personal collection and gave me direction I had not had before. Walked away holding a little bag that changed everything. In it was a pico kit, samsung 25R and a bottle of cuttwood juice.

Went home and became a member here, and then started to really learn what vaping is about. 2 weeks in, got myself an avo 22 and the building began, vapecon came along with a high wattage device (rx2/3), another avo 22 tank thanks to @OnePowerfulCorsa, and an avo 24 bottom airflow. Started my diy juice journey yesterday. Will never go back to stinkies again.

Currently running the avo 22 on the rx, single clapton, and the melo on the pico.

I started off with a Kangertech Subox. The next week I bought a Evic VTC Mini. I used that for about 8months, then I purchased a Cuboid Mini (hated it and stayed on the VTC). I recently purchased a Pico 4ml and sold off the Subox and the Cuboid Mini. I am now rotating between the Pico and the VTC.

GreenSmoke 3 Years ago. Probably the best Tabacco I have tried. Although it was quite expensive to maintain.

I started vaping on a TWISP Clearo begining 2015. HRH got me the dual kit as a Christmas present end 2014. I looked at it, had a good laugh and put it away in a draw:rolleyes:. At that time I was trying to quit the hard way and had cut my stinkies down to 5 Marlboro Silver cigarettes (ultra lights) a day. I just could not get over that final hurdle:mad:. Subconsciously I did not want to quit as I had a humidor full of really good cigars (+/- 40) and did not want it to go to waste.:lipssealed:

Come January 2015 and having made a news year resolution for the first time in a long time >:)I pulled out the TWISP, charged it, filled up the e-liquid. Assembled and pushed the button. I think I was more scared than excited having to puff on this battery and liquid thingy. At the end of that first week I was off the analogues completely and have been ever since. After using it for a few months, without any problems, I got myself the PICO and MeloIII of the time, a Nautilus mini and iStick 30watt. Another great starter kit that came highly recommended by the forum members and it did not disappoint. And with that it was the end of my starter kit journey. I still have one half of my Clearo set and it still works.

Wow, I didn't expect such a reply, just proves that this is the best forum on the internet!

It's been amazing to read all your responses and how your journeys have progressed so far.

It's interesting to read how vaping has changed your lives and how it has become a passion.

Happy Vaping!

Back