Show us your Builds - Ithaka RBA

devdev

respice adspice prospice
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
This is the SUYWWACS (Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup) thread for all Ithaka RBA builds

Cant wait to see these coils!!!! So far as I know its only for real intermediates and someone like me, that haven't tried one, it will be a whole different learning curve again! Been thinking of getting my one but just looking at pics of it ..... its a bit intimidating!!!

Once I get my NR wire and get the DIY zapper built I will get some up here

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I got an Ithaka as well. Also waiting for my wires. I'm not impressed with the build it came with, but played around with the unit and seems to be better to an extend. Beautiful piece of equipment though, but would love to make it work. Just to find the time to play with it. If anybody have a great setup let me know. Cranking a magneto and caravella with a Kayfun at the moment. Loving the magneto. Caravella is nice and small, but really appreciating the nice lines and simplicity of it. I have to get the switch right though. Anybody knows if it can be converted to a magnetic switch?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

just to get things started.
Quad Coil: (0.3x ohms)

@Hotti any spring type switch can be converted to magnetic switch, provided the magnets can fit into the mechanism - I'm waiting for a Caravella 18350 as well as some magnets. As soon as I received it, I will be able to confirm if the magnets made for Nemesis switch will fit into the Caravella switch. Regarding the Ithaka, its an excellent atty, especially for sub-ohm applications. A little patience required with fitting coils and wicking material, but really not that difficult as some people say. I agree, its a gorgeous piece of engineering. @CraftyZA is the master fundi on this forum when it comes to Ithaka coil building.

and if you have bucketloads of spare cash, there is an upgrade kit now for the ithaka that you don't need no-res wire for anymore

and if you have bucketloads of spare cash, there is an upgrade kit now for the ithaka that you don't need no-res wire for anymore

seen it and if I'm not mistaken, you can use it as a dripper as well

I'm not crazy about the idea of that upgrade kit.
Remember, with the old design you have virtually no chamber. The coils sits against the roof of the chimney. Especially if you use base feeding. This gives such an intense taste that you will not believe.
With the new upgrade kit this is no longer the case. there is a chamber of at least 0.5 - 0.7mm high to make space for the screws. It is still smaller than most atties, but I'm of the believe the smaller, the better.

However, it does open some possibilities for new build types.
Look at some of what bishop heals did in his YouTube channels

That makes perfectly sense @CraftyZA - the smaller the area above the coils/wicks, the better the flavour production.

The only benefit I can see then is an easier build although the Ithaka is only difficult to build once or twice. After that it becomes easier every time.

The only benefit I can see then is an easier build although the Ithaka is only difficult to build once or twice. After that it becomes easier every time.

Yip, you will get right very first time, just a little more patience required than with something like a Kayfun.

I'm getting more excited about the Ithaka. Thanks for info. I'll try it out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Time to revive this old thread. Decided to take the time and create some nr-r-nr wires again. Tedious job so just as well do lots of them while the rest of the family does the whole sunday afternoon nap thing.

The nr wires at 60mm each.
UOXPbx1.jpg

(Who said you have to throw your ashtray away?)

The r wire, 30mm. Comes to 1.48 ohms
lmLipBm.jpg

About 99% done. Just a few more.
mS33OIV.jpg

Next up i will share the ultimate configuration with you guys. I kid you not, it's better than anything i've seen on youtube with the ithaka, and seeing as the ithaka is the best tank out there, this build equals to the best vape experience that can exist. At some point i will share it with bishop heals as well.
Give me a couple of minutes to set up.

Made a nice video, but youtube reckons it's too long at 24 odd minutes :(

Back