Show us your Pit Stop

Nice @Steyn777
What have you got on the cards for tonight?

@Silver all I've been trying lately is multiple core Staggered coils, stuck at 5 and been stuck at 5 for more than a week, and I just can't move on to something new until I get that right. So on the menu tonight, is trying to catch up to @Friep lol.

Ok good luck
May the force be with you!

View attachment 133078
In the spirit.

Thanks @Silver ...hope you got something better to do with your Friday night than just keeping busy to keep your mind occupied as to not worry about tomorrow nights football.

No thankfully I don't worry about soccer. Lol.

I have been meaning to get round to some pitstopping and bring back some devices and juices that are 'waiting' for me. But every time I think I am going to have the session something comes up.

No thankfully I don't worry about soccer. Lol.

I have been meaning to get round to some pitstopping and bring back some devices and juices that are 'waiting' for me. But every time I think I am going to have the session something comes up.
I have that same problem but mine is self inflicted...this setup should've been ready ages ago but I'll dona section...then I think, I wonder what frosties will taste like if I sub FA meringue with TFA meringue and in the middle of that mix I end up watching a YouTube video about the different Marshmallows out there.

@Silver all I've been trying lately is multiple core Staggered coils, stuck at 5 and been stuck at 5 for more than a week, and I just can't move on to something new until I get that right. So on the menu tonight, is trying to catch up to @Friep lol.

Lol no catching up to do your builds look awesome man and thanks for getting me stuck on the stagered builds really like them now just to get them perfect.

ebe1084bb11312b7bfac044cdcfe243d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time top Pitstop two of the Dvarw's nice and clean and time for new coils. Ni80 Aliens 3x29/38 6 wrap 2.5mm!
DvarwPitStop 005.JPG

Awesome @TheV
What coil do you have in the Dvarw at the moment and what insert?
If i may ask?

Awesome @TheV
What coil do you have in the Dvarw at the moment and what insert?
If i may ask?
Certainly :)
I've been using the smallest insert since day 1. Been really happy with the draw. I doubt the airier options would be to my liking.
The coil is a Fused Clapton: dual 28ga SS cores wrapped in 38ga Ni80. 5 wraps on 3.0mm for about 0.39Ω.
Running Replay at 28W and it is vaping like a dream! :D

Certainly :)
I've been using the smallest insert since day 1. Been really happy with the draw. I doubt the airier options would be to my liking.
The coil is a Fused Clapton: dual 28ga SS cores wrapped in 38ga Ni80. 5 wraps on 3.0mm for about 0.39Ω.
Running Replay at 28W and it is vaping like a dream! :D

Ok,super thanks!
I think i am using the widest insert, the one that was in the atty when i got it from the group buy overeas
I looked at the other inserts and they look smaller than the one i have
To me it feels it needs a tad more airflow.

Ok,super thanks!
I think i am using the widest insert, the one that was in the atty when i got it from the group buy overeas
Oh wow, on the largest insert and needing even more airflow from it... preferences clearly do differ! :)
How is your Skyline set up and how does the draw compare to the Dvarw for you?

Ok,super thanks!

I am using the smallest insert and wish that it was less airy. If i place my finger covering the airflow about 1/3, i het The kind of flow that works for me on the Dvarw

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Oh wow, on the largest insert and needing even more airflow from it... preferences clearly do differ! :)
How is your Skyline set up and how does the draw compare to the Dvarw for you?

Good question
I think it has to do with the coil i have in the dvarw. I think i need a better coil. Am using still that vandyvape superfine mtl fused clapton wire, 7 wraps, 3mm about 1 ohm. But the vape is not right. It feels "wispy". Like underpowered. But one cant jack up to power too much. Just feels like a bit more airflow would stoke the flames a bit. Lol. Its asif the airflow is not well matched. Hard to explain.

In the Skyline i have no air disk and i keep one airslot open. Its a bit airier, not much but noticeable.

Heres the funny thing, i have the exact same coil in the skyline, but the vape and airflow seem perfectly matched, vaping at about 16W.

I am using the smallest insert and wish that it was less airy. If i place my finger covering the airflow about 1/3, i het The kind of flow that works for me on the Dvarw

Sent by iDad's iPhone
That is unfortunately the problem with the simplistic design of the Dvarw: No real tweaking if one of the presets don't match your preference.

Good question
I think it has to do with the coil i have in the dvarw. I think i need a better coil. Am using still that vandyvape superfine mtl fused clapton wire, 7 wraps, 3mm about 1 ohm. But the vape is not right. It feels "wispy". Like underpowered. But one cant jack up to power too much. Just feels like a bit more airflow would stoke the flames a bit. Lol. Its asif the airflow is not well matched. Hard to explain.

In the Skyline i have no air disk and i keep one airslot open. Its a bit airier, not much but noticeable.

Heres the funny thing, i have the exact same coil in the skyline, but the vape and airflow seem perfectly matched, vaping at about 16W.
Ah, I never liked the Skyline with the airdisk removed, it was too airy for me. With the largest airdisk installed (single slot) and the airflow all the way open, it was a great draw.

Yeah I think the Dvarw definitely needs a beefier coil than the Skyline. Hopefully when you try another coil in there, you will have a bit of a better experience.

I use Ni80 2.5mm 6 wrap 0.38Ω Aliens in ALL my Dvarw's. Having played with a few different coils there is no doubt in my mind that this is the coil for the Dvarw's. My Skyline's perform best at around the 0.5Ω mark.
DvarwCoil 001.JPG

Battery inspection and re-wrap time. Two VTC's and two 25R's needed some attention.
IMG_0814[1].JPG
Although only small cuts on the bottom negative side, I rather play it save and recover for peace of mind. @BumbleBee, those wraps you sell seem to be better quality than the stuff these cells are covered with by the manufacturer. None of the ones I previously recovered show any sign of wear yet.

Regards

Battery inspection and re-wrap time. Two VTC's and two 25R's needed some attention.
View attachment 136452
Although only small cuts on the bottom negative side, I rather play it save and recover for peace of mind. @BumbleBee, those wraps you sell seem to be better quality than the stuff these cells are covered with by the manufacturer. None of the ones I previously recovered show any sign of wear yet.

Regards
I found wraps in general to be hit and miss, some hold up forever and some split while you’re wrapping them. The plain colours do seem to be tougher than the printed ones though.

Back