Show us your Pit Stop

Time to pitstop a very tough much loved workhorse.

The SubTank Mini

8 wraps 28ga Kanthal around 2mm.
(I actually do 10 wraps and then unwind the first two to get rid of the spaces on the first two)

Done

433e28fa262530eb0575d360417b5892.jpg

Install coil.
Jees man it's getting too small for me.
I find I have to wrap the coils around the screws otherwise the end bits can touch the chimney. This coil is a tad higher than normal. I feel like a bit more throat hit on this one!

Done.

d060b1347397d959213f40f727560f19.jpg

Time to pulse the coil. Glowing nice. Snooker cue and strum. 1.3 ohms by the way. Good.

Done.

a6c6e59a9238cf8c29f042a23cece8de.jpg

Didn't take a wick pic. Damn. But anyway here's a peek through the chimney. Rayon installed and lubed up

70d6cc919253719e0eb4a7b5879669d1.jpg

And now for the juice. This is going to be a bit of a blend. My VM Strawberry and menthol blend. Plus a bit of @Paulie 'a Guava. A bit more menthol. And nicced up to about 14mg :D

c18b1201869d4d2da3ae481e3cf491c1.jpg

Trusty iStick50 driving the STM. It has performed like a champ for about 2 years.

And?

Wow.
Amazing what a difference a new coil and wick makes. This coil was in there for about 3 months. Yikes.
Anyway the new coil is super. The fresh wick is lovely. The juice is glorious. Quite crisp (not as much as Lemo1) but good. Loads of menthol. I like that. And it's quite strong. Strawberry base and a bit of Guava coming through. Perfecto!

Big respect for this old workhorse. It goes and goes and goes...
Still Love my STM, I actually still use the vertical claptons in mine and it's wow, was just wondering when I seen this post, do you think the Exocet will work in this tank? That will be quite interesting

I am not sure @Jengz. Interesting indeed but I have no idea.

STM is great and it works well. Also quite easy to coil and wick and it's very reliable.

Time to pitstop a very tough much loved workhorse.

The SubTank Mini

8 wraps 28ga Kanthal around 2mm.
(I actually do 10 wraps and then unwind the first two to get rid of the spaces on the first two)

Done

433e28fa262530eb0575d360417b5892.jpg

Install coil.
Jees man it's getting too small for me.
I find I have to wrap the coils around the screws otherwise the end bits can touch the chimney. This coil is a tad higher than normal. I feel like a bit more throat hit on this one!

Done.

d060b1347397d959213f40f727560f19.jpg

Time to pulse the coil. Glowing nice. Snooker cue and strum. 1.3 ohms by the way. Good.

Done.

a6c6e59a9238cf8c29f042a23cece8de.jpg

Didn't take a wick pic. Damn. But anyway here's a peek through the chimney. Rayon installed and lubed up

70d6cc919253719e0eb4a7b5879669d1.jpg

And now for the juice. This is going to be a bit of a blend. My VM Strawberry and menthol blend. Plus a bit of @Paulie 'a Guava. A bit more menthol. And nicced up to about 14mg :D

c18b1201869d4d2da3ae481e3cf491c1.jpg

Trusty iStick50 driving the STM. It has performed like a champ for about 2 years.

And?

Wow.
Amazing what a difference a new coil and wick makes. This coil was in there for about 3 months. Yikes.
Anyway the new coil is super. The fresh wick is lovely. The juice is glorious. Quite crisp (not as much as Lemo1) but good. Loads of menthol. I like that. And it's quite strong. Strawberry base and a bit of Guava coming through. Perfecto!

Big respect for this old workhorse. It goes and goes and goes...
My STMs have been sitting on a shelf for a good while now, I was trying out the Kayfun 5 and the STMs haven't seen a vape since.

I'm not sure if it's because the Kayfun is better, or if it's because I just haven't really had the time to clean and build the STMs. Maybe this weekend will see a revival! Thanks for the motivation @Silver !

My STMs have been sitting on a shelf for a good while now, I was trying out the Kayfun 5 and the STMs haven't seen a vape since.

I'm not sure if it's because the Kayfun is better, or if it's because I just haven't really had the time to clean and build the STMs. Maybe this weekend will see a revival! Thanks for the motivation @Silver !

Lol @Stosta

Thats how it goes hey

Im the opposite - my Kayfun5 has been sitting for a few weeks. I think it needs a new coil. No wait, i know what happened. The Skyline stole its spot on the Hotcig150 so the Kayfun5 doesnt have a mod to perch on so it went into the tank holding zone. And never came out :eek:

Thank you for reminding me about the Kayfun5 - it needs to come out this weekend!

Lol @Stosta

Thats how it goes hey

Im the opposite - my Kayfun5 has been sitting for a few weeks. I think it needs a new coil. No wait, i know what happened. The Skyline stole its spot on the Hotcig150 so the Kayfun5 doesnt have a mod to perch on so it went into the tank holding zone. And never came out :eek:

Thank you for reminding me about the Kayfun5 - it needs to come out this weekend!
Hahaha! Well glad I could return the favour!

Okay so my morning started of with a pit stop and my pitstop vape was my trusty reo
IMG_5334.JPG
This is just some of my atties that needed a clean.
IMG_5335.JPG
After alot of elbow grease, recoiling and rewicking this is what i ended up with. My before the reo, daily runner and the wifes amazing mini volt.
IMG_5339.JPG
And now just some last minute office work with my reo and regulated qclass. Love what both setups give me.
IMG_5340.JPG

That is quite a serious pitstop! ... you are good to go for quite a while now :D

Yes and as you will see the second ol16 is not in the picture but it is ready to roll when i swop out my flavors in the Ice Queen. So yes i am sorted for a long while now.

Time for a much needed Billet Box pitstop

7e5e5ab661778d3aa90d0f1002b677c5.jpg

This wick has gone through 7.5 Boro tankfuls. About 30ml since I don't fill to the brim.

CB2 for rewicking

LIT Sidechick to make a blend. Some Nic to up the Nic from 6mg. And some menthol concentrate. I never go anywhere without my menthol concentrate!

R2 coin to open up the Billet.

And my usual roller towel piece folded in half. Funny I have to have that as my base to work on when I pitstop. Haven't unpacked the tools but they are in a bag somewhere.

Let the blending and pit stopping commence !

Rookie mistake. I forgot to bring my Pico which can fire my Exocet.

Thank heavens it screwed onto the hotcig150. I just hope it doesn't damage the hotcig's 510

Coil and wick not looking good at all. @Paulie , your Guava is dirty - hehe

cefb8c6cee8ac1392deea20a95d5a834.jpg

After a bit of pulsing and rinsing @RiaanRed 's coil is looking a lot cleaner again ;-) might be time soon for a new coil but I don't feel like it now...

Making progress. This is still the first coil that skipper @Rob Fisher installed for me. Lol

32a8e5354652e5ae4aaaca426a2afc48.jpg

Oh no. Not having much luck this morning. One of those days.

Installed it all and got it all set and there was juice coming out the airholes.

Opened it up and there's juice in the tank compartment.

Even some juice near the positive battery terminal.

Jeepers man. I am fed up with this thing for now. It's not the easiest to work with (for me). I am really peed off now. The way I'm feeling I am contemplating just benching the Billet for my holiday. I really don't feel like fiddling and troubleshooting.

Maybe my wicks were too thin. Who knows.

Ah well. Will fight another day.

8ccf621711c85e366cdab6ad11011527.jpg

Oh I just realized another negative of this Billet Box. You can't open up the Boro to check your coil and wick without losing 4-5ml of juice. What a bummer. And I was looking so forward to my LIT Sidechick.

@Silver eish what a start to your holiday. Not good. Hope you can sort it quickly thou or just grab a reo.

Thanks @antonherbst
I will probably do just that

I cleaned it all out and checked if all the seals were closed and all looks fine
Cant jnderstand what happened. Then again, its only my second rewicking of this thing so i am not experienced.

I didnt want to open the boro and rewick so i put it all back and its now working without leaking

But now i am confused and i dont trust it.

Will figure it out another time

Anyhow for what it's worth , this was my wicking. Seemed ok and although it wasn't packed tight it did cover the holes - at least that's what I thought.

ef8a02637adc2da3584c68ba5ba472e7.jpg

On that right hand side wick there were a few straggly strands of cotton on the bottom that didnt look right. Maybe it was that. I dont know

Anyhow, been tooting for a few monutes and its behaving. Will monitor

I really dont like it when i have one of those moments where you dont understand whats going on. And followed by a mysterious uncomfortable feeling of not knowing when a leak will happen. Drives me nuts.

Thanks @antonherbst
I will probably do just that

I cleaned it all out and checked if all the seals were closed and all looks fine
Cant jnderstand what happened. Then again, its only my second rewicking of this thing so i am not experienced.

I didnt want to open the boro and rewick so i put it all back and its now working without leaking

But now i am confused and i dont trust it.

Will figure it out another time

I could totally relate on the trust with a leaking or dry hitting tank and that is why my trusty reo's are my go to setups always. No problems with them and they are easy to pitstop.

Anywho. Enjoy the holiday and remember the crazies have it under control.:D

On that right hand side wick there were a few straggly strands of cotton on the bottom that didnt look right. Maybe it was that. I dont know

I really dont like it when i have one of those moments where you dont understand whats going on. And followed by a mysterious uncomfortable feeling of not knowing when a leak will happen. Drives me nuts.

Eish @Silver - not nice man. Last thing that one wants to do when you are relaxing on holiday. I've had leaking in a few instances : wicking too loose, gasket on Boro not sitting nicely in place, and "reckless" filling and spilling . I'm not sure if you trimmed the cotton or if you used it as in the photo - not sure if that can be the cause, but I trim mine quite a bit more. Unfortunately I do not have any photos now.

Good luck

Sent by iDad's iPhone

I can completely relate to this @Silver !

I find pit-stopping the Billet something I dread. The hassle of having to open it up, then putting it all back together only to have some sort of a problem, emptying the Boro, making a mess, starting from scratch, then getting more issues...

The flavour I'm getting out of my current setup is mediocre, but it's better than the dry hits I was getting with my previous build, and the thought of going through this process again just sends shivers up my spine, so I put up with the mediocre flavour!

Oh no. Not having much luck this morning. One of those days.

Installed it all and got it all set and there was juice coming out the airholes.

Opened it up and there's juice in the tank compartment.

Even some juice near the positive battery terminal.

Jeepers man. I am fed up with this thing for now. It's not the easiest to work with (for me). I am really peed off now. The way I'm feeling I am contemplating just benching the Billet for my holiday. I really don't feel like fiddling and troubleshooting.

Maybe my wicks were too thin. Who knows.

Ah well. Will fight another day.

8ccf621711c85e366cdab6ad11011527.jpg
Oh no, sorry about the BB trouble @Silver.
I have some pics and tips for you if you have time to try it out?

Back