Show us your vape roots

For me it was all about the juice :) I tried various twisps over the years, not realizing there were other vapes out there, when twisp came out with the first sub ohm at a good price I bought 2 of them and that was close to the beginning of the end of the stinkies for me, I then discovered vape juice at Chinese shops, and having a wide range to choose from was exciting. Then I bought THE juice. Just the one bottle and I could never find it again, which got me onto google, discovering that there were other vapes and also that you could make your own e juice... so armed with a dual battery wismec luxotic squonker and a goon, I found blck vapour and started to try recreate this juice, I made so many juices that are far better that even this and that's how it all began for me :)

I've never tossed the bottle so heres a piccie for you!
IMG_20201025_072645.jpg

For me it was all about the juice :) I tried various twisps over the years, not realizing there were other vapes out there, when twisp came out with the first sub ohm at a good price I bought 2 of them and that was close to the beginning of the end of the stinkies for me, I then discovered vape juice at Chinese shops, and having a wide range to choose from was exciting. Then I bought THE juice. Just the one bottle and I could never find it again, which got me onto google, discovering that there were other vapes and also that you could make your own e juice... so armed with a dual battery wismec luxotic squonker and a goon, I found blck vapour and started to try recreate this juice, I made so many juices that are far better that even this and that's how it all began for me :)

I've never tossed the bottle so heres a piccie for you!
View attachment 211646

Thanks for that @NecroticAngel :) .... Twisp ... Now there's a S.A success story; I remember when Philip, (cant remember his surname), and Nick Newstad set up their company in 2007?. None of the better Chinese companies took them seriously, and certainly weren't prepared to white label their products for this duo, so they approached some of the cheaper Chinese clone manufacturers, and began their marketing in SA in earnest, and ... Twisp was born. They became a tier one brand and THE "go-to" for eciggies within their first year of operation ... Vape shops should take heed to this! ... Support and educate your customers!

I love your opening sentence; "For me it was all about the juice", certainly speaking to ex smokers who have moved to vaping, they, (yes ...me too), love the technological aspects of vaping, and certainly the rituals associated with cleaning, coiling and rewicking, charging, etc. etc. ... however; there is another common thread ... The eliquid;
I have noticed that there are definite emotional bonds to our "first loves", that taste that gets us out of the evil clutches of stinkies, and we seem to go back there from time to time, or in your case ... spend a lifetime trying to recreate that moment ... and I'm OK with that, as it supports leaving them stinkies behind ... Good one NecroticAngel!

My favourite RDA for my REO's back in the day was the Divo! It was the forerunner to the very popular Cyclone from Vicious Ant.
Divo01.jpg Divo1.jpg

The reason I bought my Dremel was to open the air holes on the Divo's and Cyclones to get a little more air.
Dremel 001.JPG Dremel 002 (2).JPG

Some Squonkers... the brass mini REO in the front weighed a TON and was way too heavy to be practical but man o man did it look good when it was polished up. Also, it was the time of the Hands Drip Tips!
DripTip1 (2).jpg

The slow change from REO's and squonking to SubOhm tanks driven by the awesome CCell ceramic coil from Vaporesso. The Snow Wolf Mini and Vaporesso Target tank!
EDC 002.JPG

Subtanks with the bell cap and the ceramic coils as well as the Target tanks also with ceramic coils!
HandCheck 002 (2).JPG

A am curious @Rob Fisher ... Do you take out some of your oldies in that fantastic collection, and vape on them from time to time, or; Have they been relegated to a display cabinet? (hopefully not to a box in your garage)

A am curious @Rob Fisher ... Do you take out some of your oldies in that fantastic collection, and vape on them from time to time, or; Have they been relegated to a display cabinet? (hopefully not to a box in your garage)

A lot of them have been sold and or given away... some like the Russian 91% and Sigelei are in my display cabinet and some are in boxes in the boathouse.

When the Atlantis came on the scene! Was an awesome SubOhm Tank and my guess is it would kick butt on a few of today's SubOhm tanks!
Phenom 001.JPG

A lot of them have been sold and or given away... some like the Russian 91% and Sigelei are in my display cabinet and some are in boxes in the boathouse.

I'm leaning towards you making some kind of a cabinet housing the bits you still have, along with a collage of the pics displayed on this thread as a backdrop of sorts for the next Vapecon ... Add in a writeup of the history of vaping in SA and you'd have a definitive drawcard :)

I'm leaning towards you making some kind of a cabinet housing the bits you still have, along with a collage of the pics displayed on this thread as a backdrop of sorts for the next Vapecon ... Add in a writeup of the history of vaping in SA and you'd have a definitive drawcard :)

Food for thought for sure!
Caninet.JPG

Back