Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIEFY

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Howsit guys saw a post like this on ecf and figured we need one aswell. That being said tried the trident at 1.4 ohms on a mvp2 11 wraps of 28gauge kanthal firing at 8.5 watts and this is what I got

Show us your working wick and coil setup

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Just to add with this setup I can take about 15 to 20 puffs which is enuff each time I pull out my pipe. So I will just add about 5 to 10 drops each time I pull it out. Flavor wise it beats anything I ever vaped. Vapor production is plentiful. So all round good setup + with mvp I dont nees to worry about battery not taking me thru the day

Just made it public

3 wrap stranded 32g bring to .8 / .9 ohm on mu multi metre

ajena5e9.jpg

ta4e7yra.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

H5 micro coil 1.6 ohm around cotton wool (same coil used in protank and evod)
yquduhe8.jpg

yvada8ub.jpg

Bored at home on a sat night ... ssmesh driping coil with cotton wool bellow to feed the juice.. doesnt hold mu h pufs bt tastes yum

2uru3azy.jpg

So I got my Crown atty today and tried a new build tonight using ekowool and cotton.

I wasn't in the mood to do micro coils again after I messed up the build I did before this one (Will post a pic at the end) so I just did a 3 wrap with ribbon.

I then pulled in the wicks to have the loops on the inside of the atty.
Trimmed the ends so that I was left with this...

Test fire...

Grabbed some cotton and shoved it into the loops...

Add some juice... and presto.

This build metered out at .6 on 4.2V fully charged battery.
The idea was to see if ekowool burnt off flavor better than cotton does.
I did get more flavor in comparison to the Cyclone seen here... but the builds were very different.

The cyclone had a 1.5ohm single microcoil with cotton wick.
Can't really perform this test with such different builds so it's inconclusive. Wish I had two similar atties to build on.

What I do like about this build is that it would be okay to run dry since the ekowool doesn't burn and of course the cotton would allow for more juice to be dripped.

I wish I didn't mess up this build before I could try it properly.

I dripped some real awful juice on this and while it worked well the juice just put me off. I have to say It held almost 2 ml of juice. I'd like to try it again with microcoils .

holly crap that is a lot of ekowool on one build!!!
I really hope we can get some in SA soon! Last time I tried to order some for myself it was 1kg MOQ from India. :-(
Want to try it around my RSST wick, and in the ithaka clone.

Original build on a clone gave me nice plumes

sent from Evic 2.0

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384278212152.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384278212152.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 29
Awesome build that, RevnLucky7. See you used ribbon wire. Do you prefer that generally? Just love that Cyclone - that one must be the top feeding one?

holly crap that is a lot of ekowool on one build!!!
I really hope we can get some in SA soon! Last time I tried to order some for myself it was 1kg MOQ from India. :-(
Want to try it around my RSST wick, and in the ithaka clone.

Mayb our supliers can get togethrr and buy the 1kg that way split the cost and sell it too us.. pref one suplier a supliere from each provance making it easir for us vape freaks to get a hold of in smaller quantities

Jeez. .6ohms. :=)
That is for the pros on full mechs, have seen some at 0.4 for all day use. Meself, untech, feels safe at 0.8 at the lowest. But one day I'm going to be brave and try 0.6!

You know I'm very close to the point to tell you guys to forget about ekowool and go with cotton in everything. Unless of course you're building something like the iThaka. I don't see how cotton will work in there. I'm not even sure ekowool will work in the iThaka but I'll find that out soon.

All my drippers now use cotton, my Kayfuns, my Aqua...
It just holds juice better, wicks better, is easier to replace, easier to find, cheap. The only thing I'm not quiet sold on yet is if it burns flavoring off better. Ekowool sure does over regular silica.

I thought the whole microcoil and cotton thing was just hype but I can say with certainty that a microcoil with 26g wire over cotton is the smoothest vape to date. I tried it next to a 3 wrap 32g ribbon over ekowool and the hit on the 3 wrap was way harsher.

The microcoil and cotton in the Kayfun - that blew my mind. The flavor was very pronounced.
I vape this regularly: http://www.theplumeroom.com/products/honey-fig-house-extracted-tobacco

I think it's one of the best tobacco vapes this side of the galaxy and man could I pick out layers of flavors.

Well tonight i'm tempted to rebuild my ithaka clone to 0.5 ohm quad coil, but there is no use. Should wait for my yealiq juice. Perhaps i should try this cotton thing. Gonna boil some right now for the nimbus...

Awesome build that, RevnLucky7. See you used ribbon wire. Do you prefer that generally? Just love that Cyclone - that one must be the top feeding one?
Just in case you missed my questions, RevnLucky7?

Just in case you missed my questions, RevnLucky7?

Sorry bro, I did run past you...
I use to prefer ribbon before I started with micro coils. Now it's a coin toss. I get lost in all the builds. At the moment everything seems to be micro coils, but I still feel like even 4.2 Volts is not enough to power up dual micro coils at .6ohms properly. It's almost as if like 4.7 would be happier. So at the moment I'd have to say no, I prefer round, but only because of the micro coils. Any other build I'd go with ribbon. It just covers WAY more surface area.

As far the Cyclone, the one in the picture is a top fed. I own 3. The bt is pretty much sold, the other tf is probably going to the classies soon too. I only need one now.

Well tonight i'm tempted to rebuild my ithaka clone to 0.5 ohm quad coil, but there is no use. Should wait for my yealiq juice. Perhaps i should try this cotton thing. Gonna boil some right now for the nimbus...

Hope it's organic cotton you're using. No need to boil man, just shove it in. If it's not organic, don't use it. You'll probably die :) I don't even know what the hell a quad coil would look like on the iThaka.

Hope it's organic cotton you're using. No need to boil man, just shove it in. If it's not organic, don't use it. You'll probably die :) I don't even know what the hell a quad coil would look like on the iThaka.

It is not organic. That's why i thought of boiling it. Ok so no builds for tonight then.

Search for bishopheals highlander on youtube.
The one he builds there is 0.2 ohms which is a bit insane! But he at least uses mnke. I only have 2 aw imr batteries, so a civilized 0.5ohm will have to do. I just hope it will heat fast enough.
He is a personal friend of imeo, so i think his builds can be trusted seeing as Imeo promotes his vids.

Dude don't go with non organic cotton. They spray that stuff with all kinds of pesticides and who knows what else.
Boiling it will not do. Look for organic cotton at what's that store called... where the girls go for organic food... you should find some there. Just normal organic cotton balls will do. The bag will probably say it's been bleached with hydrogen peroxide which is fine. I don't boil mine, but you probably should.

I have seen some of bishopheals' stuff. I actually saw the link to the highlander build. Will download it now. I can't see myself going with quads. I already prefer a single over a double (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back