Silicone tubing for REO

No idea about locally there.

The "official" factory specs for the feed tubing's that Robert uses in the Reos is:
1/16" ID, 3/16" OD, 1/16" Wall Tygon Sanitary Silicone Tubing and 1/16" ID, 1/8" OD, 1/32" Wall Tygon Sanitary Silicone Tubing.
But Reonaughts have also used similar size Smooth Bore High Purity Clear Tygon and Food and Dairy Clear Tygon PVC tubing as well with good success.

Hi guys

So I phoned cardinalmedical as suggested in the earlier thread..the cost to manufacture exact 4.8mm OD X 1.6mm ID is R14.26 per metre

Made of high heat resistance, medical grade, FDA approved silicone tubing
I would be interested in a couple of meter.Are we sure that this will work and that it is the right stuffs?

I would be interested in a couple of meter.Are we sure that this will work and that it is the right stuffs?
They are the right sizes or the very nearest metric equivalent you can find,I gave them to @incredible_hullk,and the spec is fine.

How many metres do they have to extrude in order to get that price.@incredible_hullk

Seems like the Italian Bottles tubes are 4.2mm OD x 2mm ID

They apparently have 4mm OD x 2mm ID in stock.

That should work for the Italian bottles because I measured the cap hole and it is 3.25mm.

They apparently have 4mm OD x 2mm ID in stock.

That should work for the Italian bottles because I measured the cap hole and it is 3.25mm.

The sizes I gave are the standard Reo spec,I have no idea if it fits the Italian bottles because I haven't tried it.

Hi guys

So I phoned carlin medical as suggested in the earlier thread..the cost to manufacture exact 4.8mm OD X 1.6mm ID is R14.26 per metre

Made of high heat resistance, medical grade, FDA approved silicone tubing
Wow! That's a bargain. I can't see me needing more than a meter though since that would be about 10 tubes. They they mention any minimum order?

Wow! That's a bargain. I can't see me needing more than a meter though since that would be about 10 tubes. They they mention any minimum order?

@Ashley A ...didnt get that info...will get on Monday...dnt know the pricing for substitute imported product so dont know if its a bargain or not but just put the info out there in case someone needs it

@Ashley A ...didnt get that info...will get on Monday...dnt know the pricing for substitute imported product so dont know if its a bargain or not but just put the info out there in case someone needs it

When you speak with them perhaps ask what the 'Shore' hardness of the tubing is.

Back