Silvers ESG Skyline Experience

Awesome! I'm looking forward to your results on this one :D

Thanks!

Was thinking of you @TheV and should have tagged you ;-)
Just taking out the old coil now and cleaning the base a bit
How many wraps and what ID would you recommend for starters?
I'm thinking 2.5mm ID and about 6/7 wraps?

Thanks!

Was thinking of you @TheV and should have tagged you ;-)
Just taking out the old coil now and cleaning the base a bit
How many wraps and what ID would you recommend for starters?
I'm thinking 2.5mm ID and about 6/7 wraps?
@Silver, I would say that is a great starting point. Should give you around 0.8Ω-1.0Ω
Should be a very nice vape for the Skyline.

Right. The Skyline has a new coil and it's vaping very nicely !!

Not the neatest coil. My first time working with Clapton spool. Was a second attempt and even then I couldnt get the wraps all close together.

Strange that it wasn't very tight on the screwdriver. 2.4mm. About 6 wraps. Initially measured 0.3 ohms. Subsequently it moved up to 0.73 after pulsing etc.

26ce9fedf36cd16c7816944a5d7c1b23.jpg

All wicked up and lubed up. Without the airdisk. Am worried about 'bridging' because my coil doesn't cover the entire air hole.

989c0de9a9e33513e17176696bdfab7e.jpg

And fill up and Vape! Lovely!

aab9ed4ef882ed1194f106b1a65ed2ed.jpg

I picked a juice I know quite well and was in here before with a simple 7 wrap coil.

So how does it compare ?

First , it's a bit wetter of a vape. A bit more juicy. Some will like that. I also like it. But I also like my crisper drier vapes too. Depends on the juice.

There's more vapour. No question. Is it better flavour? No, just more of it! Still very good flavour nonetheless. Only problem is I took out the airdisk as well so I can't judge if it's that or the coil. Probably a bit of both.

Incidentally the airflow without the airdisk (wide open afc) is not much more than with the largest airdisk I had in before. Just a little more airflow.

And it's noisier. When the coil heats up it starts making a bit of a 'buffeting' or rumbling noise. Nice.

Have vaped nearly half a tankful. I think it's guzzling juice a bit faster. But not a lot of power required. Am trying from 15-20W. Am finding it good around 16 or so. At 20 it's a little more vigorous. And instant. But the lower power suits the longer restricted draws better for this juice. Above 20 it's a bit much and I can feel it's not optimal.

Tank is performing well though and no signs of leaking so far.

Overall I am happy. It's a lovely dense kind of vape. Fairly close to the wetness and density of the BB which has a Riaanred Clapton in it.

I will vape on this coil for a while and see how it goes. So far so good.

Edit - PS, thanks to @TheV who got me a spool of this wire a while back!

Last edited:
Right. The Skyline has a new coil and it's vaping very nicely !!

Not the neatest coil. My first time working with Clapton spool. Was a second attempt and even then I couldnt get the wraps all close together.

Strange that it wasn't very tight on the screwdriver. 2.4mm. About 6 wraps. Initially measured 0.3 ohms. Subsequently it moved up to 0.73 after pulsing etc.

26ce9fedf36cd16c7816944a5d7c1b23.jpg

All wicked up and lubed up. Without the airdisk. Am worried about 'bridging' because my coil doesn't cover the entire air hole.

989c0de9a9e33513e17176696bdfab7e.jpg

And fill up and Vape! Lovely!

aab9ed4ef882ed1194f106b1a65ed2ed.jpg

I picked a juice I know quite well and was in here before with a simple 7 wrap coil.

So how does it compare ?

First , it's a bit wetter of a vape. A bit more juicy. Some will like that. I also like it. But I also like my crisper drier vapes too. Depends on the juice.

There's more vapour. No question. Is it better flavour? No, just more of it! Still very good flavour nonetheless. Only problem is I took out the airdisk as well so I can't judge if it's that or the coil. Probably a bit of both.

Incidentally the airflow without the airdisk (wide open afc) is not much more than with the largest airdisk I had in before. Just a little more airflow.

And it's noisier. When the coil heats up it starts making a bit of a 'buffeting' or rumbling noise. Nice.

Have vaped nearly half a tankful. I think it's guzzling juice a bit faster. But not a lot of power required. Am trying from 15-20W. Am finding it good around 16 or so. At 20 it's a little more vigorous. And instant. But the lower power suits the longer restricted draws better for this juice. Above 20 it's a bit much and I can feel it's not optimal.

Tank is performing well though and no signs of leaking so far.

Overall I am happy. It's a lovely dense kind of vape. Fairly close to the wetness and density of the BB which has a Riaanred Clapton in it.

I will vape on this coil for a while and see how it goes. So far so good.
Thanks for the wonderfully detailed feedback @Silver. Always great following your posts.
I do look forward to your longer term findings with the wire but so far it sounds like a positive outcome :)

Thanks for the wonderfully detailed feedback @Silver. Always great following your posts.
I do look forward to your longer term findings with the wire but so far it sounds like a positive outcome :)

Thank you @TheV
And also a big thank you to YOU for getting me this wire in the first place!
I have edited my post above ;-)

Back