Siren 2 Reviews

Which prebuilt coils would you guys suggest? Not going to wrap my own JUST YET and wanted to know if anyone had any good flavour prebuilt coils for these awesome tanks? :)
Hi @Ruwaid , any fused Clapton coils wil do a good job, as long as they are over about .30 ohms resistance. You will have excellent flavour, it can be 2.5 or 3.inner diameter. In my opinion this tank gives its best with a higher resistance coil at a lower wattage.

@Ruwaid Ive only used the standard prebuilt coils included in the box as well as 28g Kanthal. The Included coils performed better.
I am currently waiting for some Smiley Coils and will give some feedback on them when Ive played around with it a bit more.

Im sure @Silver and some of the others here will have a better answer for you soon

Hi @Ruwaid
I used the coil that came with the Siren2 and it was quite good actually.

I have only tried about 2/3 different coils in there. Mainly 28g Kanthal - and varying the wraps. I think I did a 26g as well. Can't remember. My Siren2 has been sitting on the bench for a while. Needs to be resurrected. Will be soon because I liked the flavour from it. My view on the Siren2 is that its one of the very few RTAs that offers a really tight MTL experience - when you turn down the airflow to the smaller holes. Doesn't need an exotic coil for tight MTL in my opinion. I think a normal simple coil will do.

Can't remember who it was - maybe @Amir - who advised that a spaced coil that is longer works better than a contact coil...

Hi @Ruwaid
I used the coil that came with the Siren2 and it was quite good actually.

I have only tried about 2/3 different coils in there. Mainly 28g Kanthal - and varying the wraps. I think I did a 26g as well. Can't remember. My Siren2 has been sitting on the bench for a while. Needs to be resurrected. Will be soon because I liked the flavour from it. My view on the Siren2 is that its one of the very few RTAs that offers a really tight MTL experience - when you turn down the airflow to the smaller holes. Doesn't need an exotic coil for tight MTL in my opinion. I think a normal simple coil will do.

Can't remember who it was - maybe @Amir - who advised that a spaced coil that is longer works better than a contact coil...

Guilty... But the same principle will apply to the vandy vape fused clapton MTL wire. You just need to space it out a bit to span the posts comfortably. I generally prefer spaced coils for MTL. My new MTL holy grail is 28G ss... Its got the crispiness of 28G Kanthal, but much lower resistance so no need for parallel coils or twisted coils etc

Thanks guys!!
Spaced coils give better throat hit or flavour?

For me personally it's a bit of both with no specialty in either... For throat hit I add a few drops of 36mg/ml PG... A neat lil trick that @Silver taught me

on a side note guys...had what I think was the stock coil installed when I bought the tank and last night changed it to a coil that the seller wrapped for me.

The coil comes to about 0.92ohm and seems like plain coil (plain wire). vaping this between 13w-15.5w
The coil does this tiny explosion as its firing up...usually after it sat for a while. Also explodes slightly on each pull even if the coil is nice n warmed up and no gunked up juice as I have taken quite a few pulls already but still...tiny explosions as it fires up lol. Am I vaping it at too low power?

EDIT....its more like popping on every pull I take whether I lower or increase the watts in the safe range for this coil

Yeah that's pretty much normal. In fact I kinda like the snap crackle and pop effect. As long as you're not getting juice in your mouth then you should be ok. Causes of the snap crackle and pop may include, but not limited to, cold juice and hot wire, not wicking tight enough, gunk on coils causing uneven heating, tired wicks, over saturated wicks... The list goes on and on but the bottom line is there's nothing to worry about

on a side note guys...had what I think was the stock coil installed when I bought the tank and last night changed it to a coil that the seller wrapped for me.

The coil comes to about 0.92ohm and seems like plain coil (plain wire). vaping this between 13w-15.5w
The coil does this tiny explosion as its firing up...usually after it sat for a while. Also explodes slightly on each pull even if the coil is nice n warmed up and no gunked up juice as I have taken quite a few pulls already but still...tiny explosions as it fires up lol. Am I vaping it at too low power?
I got the same thing on the standard included coil, But mine went away after a day or three?

EDIT....its more like popping on every pull I take whether I lower or increase the watts in the safe range for this coil
I haven’t used the stock coils at all, did a 6 or 7wrap 2.5 I’d extra fine MTL wire to come out at 1.2 ohms, no snap crackle and pop at 18 watts.

Come to think of it, I think the stock coil is twisted wire? That can cause the popping sound untill the gaps start to close up with use.

thank you guys!
So yesterday got back to the lodge and opened up the tank to gauge the fine MTL wire coil that was popping. didn't seem offish but thought it could have been because the coil was so close to the airflow holes. Also as per @Amir reply:
Yeah that's pretty much normal. In fact I kinda like the snap crackle and pop effect. As long as you're not getting juice in your mouth then you should be ok. Causes of the snap crackle and pop may include, but not limited to, cold juice and hot wire, not wicking tight enough, gunk on coils causing uneven heating, tired wicks, over saturated wicks... The list goes on and on but the bottom line is there's nothing to worry about
the previous coil didn't pop at all and that was claptons I think so couldn't have been cold juice and hot wire...wicking yes...gunk on coils yes...tired wicks no as they were less than a day old, over saturation maybe.

So took out the coil and used the next coil just to be safe...also fine MTL wire and did 2 more wraps and slightly spaced...came to about 1.02ohm. Wicked up and vaping around 14.5w-17w. No more popping and also raised coil a bit this time...flavour comes through nicely after 2nd toot onwards and is super smooth like my first experience with this tank which I liked from the get go. popping wasn't doing it for me but will play around more with different coils.

Great to hear @Ruwaid

About the popping one sometimes gets on setups
It happens to me sometimes too, on several tanks, not just this one
Sometimes what helps is to either increase the power a bit and/or change the wick tightness

Enjoy

@Silver changing the wick tightness meaning tighter to lessen over saturation?

Ya, sometimes if its a bit loose i get popping, then when i make it a little bit tighter (ie a bit thicker wick) then the popping goes away. But you need to experiment a bit.

was just busy cleaning my Siren and Intake and wanted to fit some SS coils, but during the process I rinsed out the Peek Insulator and then it flushed down the drain and I did not notice until it was too late, even opened the plumbers bend pipe under the sink but alas, it was not there

Please tell me someone knows where I can purchase a spare one? Or have I just lost my favorite MTL tank?

Back