Smoant Charon Mini Timekeeping

RainstormZA

Grumpy Old Vaper
LV

Awards
I've noticed something strange but small.

Every time I take the batteries out to charge them and once I put them back in, the time is reset back to 00:00.

Why is this happening?

I've noticed something strange but small.

Every time I take the batteries out to charge them and once I put them back in, the time is reset back to 00:00.

Why is this happening?
Circuitboard has no RTC chip (real time clock) would make it more pricey.

It has an onboard battery, obviously a faulty one

Good afternoon,

My Smoant Charon TC 218 also does the same, if i remove batteries say for 5minutes it keeps the time if i remove batteries and leave it over night it also zeros out. My DNA 250C also zeros when batteries are removed, expected more from a mod that price. But than again i have the time on my watch, phone and laptop. But principle i do understand, if it is there it must work.

Let me know if you figure it out.

Good afternoon,

My Smoant Charon TC 218 also does the same, if i remove batteries say for 5minutes it keeps the time if i remove batteries and leave it over night it also zeros out. My DNA 250C also zeros when batteries are removed, expected more from a mod that price. But than again i have the time on my watch, phone and laptop. But principle i do understand, if it is there it must work.

Let me know if you figure it out.
Exactly! If the function is there, they must do the job properly. Otherwise they shouldn't put it there in the first place.

Sounds hectic. I'm lost.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Yeah I can't understand why they cut corners instead of putting a battery holder in it.

Therefore now it's my assumption and conclusion that all Smoant mods are of cheap quality parts that aren't replaceable.

I just got a Smoant Campbel - feels cheap, tacky and flimsy... Ugh.

Yeah I can't understand why they cut corners instead of putting a battery holder in it.

Therefore now it's my assumption and conclusion that all Smoant mods are of cheap quality parts that aren't replaceable.

I just got a Smoant Campbel - feels cheap, tacky and flimsy... Ugh.
I just realized, I have the Smoant Charron. Not the mini. No wonder I was lost on the clock topic Mine was cheap. But still one of my favorite mods.

I just realized, I have the Smoant Charron. Not the mini. No wonder I was lost on the clock topic Mine was cheap. But still one of my favorite mods.

The Charon and Charon Mini are solid on the external body part. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Battlestar mod and the body was solid. But the chip failed.

Then with the Cylon, the screw posts cracked right off the top. 2nd replacement also showed the same signs and screen had dead pixels.

The Charon Mini was a replacement and the onboard battery doesn't work.

dsc_0658-jpg.152623

See battery above in image - this is what I am talking about @Waine

Back