Smok Alien fluctuating ohms

I'm having this same issue & if it's not my ohms jumping I get a check battery reading I personally think after messing with my mod that using the big baby beast rba with my AL85 has ruined my 510 pin or something I tried filing off the bottom of the rba but it still hasn't changed anything I actually thinks it's worse now I'm getting the same off readings with regular coils also I can't even hit the mod cause every time I hit the button it says new/old with a different reading I'm really bummed this is my favorite mod

Last edited:
I'm having this same issue & if it's not my ohms jumping I get a check battery reading I personally think after messing with my mod that using the big baby beast rba with my AL85 has ruined my 510 pin or something I tried filing off the bottom of the rba but it still hasn't changed anything I actually thinks it's worse now I'm getting the same off readings with regular coils also I can't even hit the mod cause every time I hit the button it says new/old with a different reading I'm really bummed this is my favorite mod
Hi Shannon, I'm sorry to hear about that issue, sounds like you might have a bad and or fake battery, my nephew had the same problem with his AL85, and after buying a authentic LG battery the low bat issue went away.

As for the fluctuating ohm, it was the RBA deck on the baby beast that was defective. I have moved away from Smok tanks completely and thoroughly enjoy my iJoy Tornado 150, Tornado Hero and Limitless V12 tanks... Much better than Smok tanks IMHO

Hi Shannon, I'm sorry to hear about that issue, sounds like you might have a bad and or fake battery, my nephew had the same problem with his AL85, and after buying a authentic LG battery the low bat issue went away.

As for the fluctuating ohm, it was the RBA deck on the baby beast that was defective. I have moved away from Smok tanks completely and thoroughly enjoy my iJoy Tornado 150, Tornado Hero and Limitless V12 tanks... Much better than Smok tanks IMHO
Nobody should buy Smok Baby beast; seems to be the fault in their currently laid pipeline - didn't recommend it to my boss' husband, he bought it- and was also sorry for buying it ;) don't invest in that company and you'll already be saving the world of Vaping.

Thanks everyone for the replies, so i figured out that the RBA deck has 2 major issues :

1. The bottom part of the deck is longer than the standard coils, thus pushing the 510 pin down to much and then also shorts on the base when tightened to much.

2. The way that the positive pin is pressed into the post is not sufficient and that caused the heavy fluctuations.

The RBA deck is fully at fault and the alien mod is fine.

I tested with my TFV4 again and the fluctuations are only 0.05ohms difference.

I filed off approx 0.6mm off of the RBA and also pressed the pins tighter in the vice using a small hobby socket and the deck is now perfect. Im running a 0.325 ohm Stainless Steel build running in Temp mode and she has been stellar since last night.

Thanks for this info. My Big Baby Beast RBA is shorting out. I reckon filing it down should do the trick.

Back