Smok M80 Plus

Probably just customers complaining about it - 'Check atomizer' does not say 'short' to everyone

This is quite an interesting change, I wonder why they implemented it.
I think they implemented it so one can determine whether the issues because the atomiser is not making contact or if the atomiser has a faulty coil

I think they implemented it so one can determine whether the issues because the atomiser is not making contact or if the atomiser has a faulty coil

That makes sense, makes life easier for the customer. ^^,

Does anyone have suggestions for a build to use in a kayfun? I can't get past 25w without it tasting like its getting dry.

Kayfuns weren't designed for high wattage, they have insufficient airflow and wicking ability. 22w+ and you're in insulator melting territory. If you haven't already, possibly look into one of the many subohm tanks on the market.

Does anyone have suggestions for a build to use in a kayfun? I can't get past 25w without it tasting like its getting dry.

25 watts on a kayfun? o_O Dayum! You've gotta remember, when the Kayfun's were originally designed, most people were smoking at around 7 or 8 watts max, not 25 watts.... I think the only kayfun that's been designed for higher wattage's is the Kayfun 4, and even then, it still doesn't compete with a Subtank or Delta II.

I get scared to push my Kayfun passed 15 watts, so 25 would be suicide in my books :p

I've got a 0.8 ohm twisted 30 gauge coil in the kayfun. It heats up quickly and I don't take long pulls. So I'm not worried about melting anything.

I intend to get a sub-ohm tank when one is available locally at a good price. Until then the kayfun is performing better than I've ever had on a mech.

I've got a 0.8 ohm twisted 30 gauge coil in the kayfun. It heats up quickly and I don't take long pulls. So I'm not worried about melting anything.

I intend to get a sub-ohm tank when one is available locally at a good price. Until then the kayfun is performing better than I've ever had on a mech.

If you want a straight up RTA maybe look at the SilverPlay; http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/rebuild-able-atomisers/products/silverplay

@Philip Dunkley and @free3dom mentioned that it was really good in their last episode of the lung brewery and it's a bit cheaper than most other RTA's available right now.

Try the pancake wicking method

I have had a fiddle with this in a Kayfun and I had moderate success. I don't recall if I put it on my VW device, but as a wicking method it may help you - I got my Smok today, but haven't gone to unpack it yet.

Have a look at my latest vid on robs ramblings . Wickjng the same as

OK so seems I'm sold on this mod , was looking for a good at home mindless vaping machine and this is it ... hopefully when payday arrives I can go pick mine up :)

Tried the pancake wicking method on both the Subtank Mini (Jap Cotton) and the Lemo II (Rayon) and both are performing very well no dry hits so far , small amount of leaking on the ST but I think it's due to not using enough wick ....

I just ordered my Smok M80 plus from SkyBlue! I cannot tell you how excited I am to get my hands on this bad boy! I got her and a Subtank mini as an early birthday present to myself :D

I just ordered my Smok M80 plus from SkyBlue! I cannot tell you how excited I am to get my hands on this bad boy! I got her and a Subtank mini as an early birthday present to myself :D

You are in for a treat - that's exactly what I have in my hand right now, they are quite the pair :)

And happy early birthday :party:

When did their stock arrive?

Its been almost 3 weeks with this device and I am very impressed. Brilliant battery life, nice form factor, reasonably small device for 80 watts dual 18650. I love used the temp control (or what ever it is called on this device) I use it with kanthal and never get a dry hit. Cant go wrong with this device.

Just got one today at VapeCon from @Vapeclub, supper stoked with it. Just a question, does anyone's M80 give off a soft (you can only hear it close to your ear or in a quiet room) high pitched sound?

Just got one today at VapeCon from @Vapeclub, supper stoked with it. Just a question, does anyone's M80 give off a soft (you can only hear it close to your ear or in a quiet room) high pitched sound?
Does not sound good. I have one and I'm not hearing any pitch from my m80.

I have not noticed this with mine, but my guess is you are hearing the zing sound of the circuitry using 'Pulse Width Modulation' - which is how it is able to vary the volts/watts it feeds to the atty. In which case, this is quite normal. Enjoy your new toy

Mmm... Seems it only does it when the screen is on, changing through the menus and/or vaping. Not sure if it's faulty coz it's been vaping like it should, haven't tried TC or mech mode yet

This is an awesome device but remember TC limits dry hits but does not prevent it.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I don't hear anything on mine. But it could be that I am deaf to that frequency you're hearing and I do listen to loud music on my headphones quite often so I must just be going deaf overall. :eek:

Often on pwm devices you here a buzz. Heres a game for you go through the wattage range and see which frequency doesn't bother you so much.
The buzz is from a little chip acting as a switch turning itself on and off a few times a second to regulate the output.

I have only noticed the buzz a couple of times when I plug in the charger.

Sent while vaping on Okkum my Smok M80

Back