Smok M80 Plus

AndreFerreira

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys,

Has anybody had experience with the SMOK M80 PLUS. I want to buy one but have seen some youtube vids with problems.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx

From the reviews I've seen it seems like a solid V/W device. The temp control side is a bit wonky but afaik they have or will issue a firmware update to fix that.

Hi Guys,

Has anybody had experience with the SMOK M80 PLUS. I want to buy one but have seen some youtube vids with problems.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thx
I have used the M80 Plus for at least a month now and it is a brilliant device as a VW device. The Temp control apparently works on different logic to that of the VaporShark etc.

As a VW device it is brilliant, the ohms reader is very accurate and has step down to 1v.

All in all I am very happy with it. Mind you I use and bought it for the purpose of being a 80w VW mod

@BhavZ Is the fire button clicky or not?
Button is very clicky and has good tactile feel to it

But as Sumurai said it rattles a bit when you shake the device from side to side but has not hampered performance in any way

Not being able to swap out batteries on the go is a thumbs down from me; Which is a pity as it looks like an impressive piece of gear.
But I'm not sure if that would really bother most people. Some might think of it as a Pro.

Not being able to swap out batteries on the go is a thumbs down from me; Which is a pity as it looks like an impressive piece of gear.
But I'm not sure if that would really bother most people. Some might think of it as a Pro.

It charges very quickly

It does charge very quickly and running it at 60w I still get about 2 days of solid use.

It charges very quickly

I would surmise that has just as much to do with what your charging it from; as the device itself.
a 500ma car charger for instance would take all day.
and my anxiety stems from situations when I'm away from home for the whole weekend passed out drunk somewhere in the wilderness...

But good to know. As I said; Im probably a minority where that's a concern. Can just carry a mobile bank instead of cells I guess.

I would surmise that has just as much to do with what your charging it from; as the device itself.
a 500ma car charger for instance would take all day.
and my anxiety stems from situations when I'm away from home for the whole weekend passed out drunk somewhere in the wilderness...

But good to know. As I said; Im probably a minority where that's a concern. Can just carry a mobile bank instead of cells I guess.
and with a powerbank you can probably charge your mod and your cellphone at the same time

Brilliant little device, I got one for the wife in the week... it performs very well, and i'm very impressed with the battery life as well... I can definitely recommend this.. it's nice and compact, looks attractive, and most importantly it works... When I got mine from SkyBlue vaping, @Melinda told me that they did not have any comeback issues since they started selling them back in Jan...

you wont go wrong with the device... As some have indicated, the temp sensing is a bit wonky, but this has the ability to update via the usb cable, so I would assume that once they have sorted the temp sensing out there would be more updates.. from what I picked up the current update that is available is only to decrease the ramp up time when you have it running on temperature mode...

The menu structure is also brilliant, once you get used to it, it feels so simple and works like a charm..

I charged the device up for her on the first nigh, today is night two and the battery is still above 50% That is with her tooting on a 0.47 ohm build in her kanger subtank mini

I think this is good bang for you buck!

Brilliant little device, I got one for the wife in the week... it performs very well, and i'm very impressed with the battery life as well... I can definitely recommend this.. it's nice and compact, looks attractive, and most importantly it works... When I got mine from SkyBlue vaping, @Melinda told me that they did not have any comeback issues since they started selling them back in Jan...

you wont go wrong with the device... As some have indicated, the temp sensing is a bit wonky, but this has the ability to update via the usb cable, so I would assume that once they have sorted the temp sensing out there would be more updates.. from what I picked up the current update that is available is only to decrease the ramp up time when you have it running on temperature mode...

The menu structure is also brilliant, once you get used to it, it feels so simple and works like a charm..

I charged the device up for her on the first nigh, today is night two and the battery is still above 50% That is with her tooting on a 0.47 ohm build in her kanger subtank mini

I think this is good bang for you buck!
Thx for the feedback, I am also going to pair it with a kanger subtank mini. Picking mine up later today.

Hey

May not (hopefully) be relevant at this time - make sure your sw is v0006 at least, as you cannot upgrade from v0005 as there was a HW (IC) change as well. Last I saw was v0006.1. You can press the reset button to see what version your device is on.

The device does not do temp protection but temp control, I.e. If u have a dry wick, it will still burn the wick. Think the minimum is 6W unlike the DNA chip which can go down to 1-2W... Or maybe temp prot not temp control lol depends

"The temperature control will accomplish the ultimate goal of providing higher quality vape and avoiding dry hits, but it is not precise and as such will not pass a dry cotton test. When our tester built a coil of 30-gauge Ni200, and ran it at 370 degrees, it consistently burned the cotton. We feel that the reason for this is that the temperature control works by gradually backing off the wattage, as opposed to simply stopping to fire when the temperature threshold is reached. So, if you are vaping with juice, you still get results despite not having precise handling.
"
Link to discussion on temp feature between Smok and a user (user not happy):

Info I got this off:
https://m.fasttech.com/forums/-/t/1613631/firmware-v0006/3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried version 0006-1? I have it downloaded but not yet flashed.

to be honest we have not touched ours since I got it last week... kept it stock standard... simply updated the clock and calendar and that is it... hehe

One thing I would like to mention on this mod, is the battery indicator, it is off as hell... we are still testing to see if it will adjust over time but at the moment, it stays above half for about 2 days, and then suddenly drops down to where you cant even use it to vape...

I know with some batteries the system running on them need to adjust to the battery itself, but will see if this improved on the m80... just a warning for others out there, on day 3 if it still says it's just above fully charged, be warned and take a spare battery with you as you will probably be left vaping you finger, hehe

Other than this minor issue (that we hope will get resolved) the device is a stellar performer!!!

to be honest we have not touched ours since I got it last week... kept it stock standard... simply updated the clock and calendar and that is it... hehe

One thing I would like to mention on this mod, is the battery indicator, it is off as hell... we are still testing to see if it will adjust over time but at the moment, it stays above half for about 2 days, and then suddenly drops down to where you cant even use it to vape...

I know with some batteries the system running on them need to adjust to the battery itself, but will see if this improved on the m80... just a warning for others out there, on day 3 if it still says it's just above fully charged, be warned and take a spare battery with you as you will probably be left vaping you finger, hehe

Other than this minor issue (that we hope will get resolved) the device is a stellar performer!!!
It improves with time

Gets more and more accurate as you charge it

I have had mine for 3 days now, been vaping it non stop, excellent device, very impressed.

Only problem I have had was it was reading the ohms on my Subtank Mini RBA Coil 0.55ohms as 1.1 ohms every ten or so puffs and getting dry hits as it ramps up the voltage. Checked the coil and tightened down the post screws and it seems to have sorted out the problem.

Has anyone tried version 0006-1? I have it downloaded but not yet flashed.

I believe @Derick told me it only changes the "Check Atomizer" message to something else. Not really worth the trouble of Flashing it imo.

Got my Smok80 today, really impressed with it thus far, paired with the Delta 2

Does anyone have suggestions for a build to use in a kayfun? I can't get past 25w without it tasting like its getting dry.

well that is good, if you have built it in such a way as for you to not go past 25 watts without getting dry hits, it should gibe you a good vape at 20 23 wats....? meaning your battery will last for almost forever, hehe

I believe @Derick told me it only changes the "Check Atomizer" message to something else. Not really worth the trouble of Flashing it imo.

Got my Smok80 today, really impressed with it thus far, paired with the Delta 2
Yep, changes the message to 'shorted' :)

http://www.smoktech.com/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=10022

The original M80 Plus Boxmod with V0006 firmware version, can be upgraded to V0006-1 version.
Improved functions: Short-circuit protection message has changed from “CHECK ATOMIZER” to “SHORTED”, and others remain the same.

This is quite an interesting change, I wonder why they implemented it.

Back