Smok M80 resistance jumping

Dullz_vap3

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys.
Recently got myself a smok xpro m80 plus. Really like this mod, think she's quite pretty.

The problem is I'm having a problem with the resistance jumping and i can't figure out a way to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could fix this issue?
It would really be of great help.
Thanks guys
Happy vaping

Details. Atomizer and build. Does atty have adjustable 510?. I have a spring loaded mod and still have to screw my Sapor centre Pin out a bit for solid connection.

Details. Atomizer and build. Does atty have adjustable 510?. I have a spring loaded mod and still have to screw my Sapor centre Pin out a bit for solid connection.

I put on my kangersubtank nano, 0m5 ohm coil. No adjustable pin so I'm sure it's spring loaded

HRH uses that tank. I would recommend a tear down rinse dry and rebuild.

Check for liquid in mod 510 connector. Scrape 510 Pin with a flathead to increase conductivity. That's all I can think of except for the usual try another coil advise.

Check for liquid in mod 510 connector. Scrape 510 Pin with a flathead to increase conductivity. That's all I can think of except for the usual try another coil advise.

I'll try stripping down the tank but the thing is it's only doing that on my m80. It works fine on my 30W iStick.

If the Vape is consistent maybe that's just how the mod readout works. Maybe another smok m80 owner will chime in.

If the Vape is consistent maybe that's just how the mod readout works. Maybe another smok m80 owner will chime in.

I can't comment on the consistency of the vape because i haven't been able to vape it properly yet. I've got a terribly sorr throat for the past few days

Mine does the very same thing
It jumps about constantly and I don't really know why

It does it with my billow v2 and my subtank

Mine does the very same thing
It jumps about constantly and I don't really know why

It does it with my billow v2 and my subtank

It's rather annoying isn't it.
If you happen to come across a solution, let me know

Don't want to particularly frighten anyone or badmouth SMOK;
But I bought a SMOK m50 last year and had all the issues that came with them,
Right down to that exact problem you speak of!
...It drove me back to stinkies for months :(:oops:

It could never hold a more or less accurate Ohm reading.
And I'm talking jumping up or down anything up to 1.2 Ohms!!!!!! :eek:
As you can possibly imagine, this was <insert rude word> annoying and horrible! :mad:

With that said: Not all SMOK devices suffer this or any other problems.
They like the chrome finishes, which seriously reduce conductivity.
Sometimes there is just a faulty unit that passes through QC.
And if you are weary you should immediately speak to the vendor you purchased it from and consider whether swapping out for a new non-faulty device is a wiser decision.
(I mean no offense or ill will upon anyone)

And I have dear @Melinda to thank for graciously swapping out my faulty device.
I am 100% stinky free and loving the intensity of drippers too!

P.S. All coils will jump slightly in resistance with heat and gunk, but we're looking at 0.3 or so, depending on wire and build; but if you are experiencing 0.6 or more jumps in resistance then you are possibly holding a disaster waiting to happen and should have it checked or swapped.

Could be a few other things too...this is just my little bit of personal sharing :rolleyes:
Good luck with your Cube II and please keep us updated as to what you find out/decide :)
...I'm considering one as I need a new device that packs a serious punch!
Fired at 70w yesterday and I want more power!!!:whip::ANGEL:

Don't want to particularly frighten anyone or badmouth SMOK;
But I bought a SMOK m50 last year and had all the issues that came with them,
Right down to that exact problem you speak of!
...It drove me back to stinkies for months :(:oops:

It could never hold a more or less accurate Ohm reading.
And I'm talking jumping up or down anything up to 1.2 Ohms!!!!!! :eek:
As you can possibly imagine, this was <insert rude word> annoying and horrible! :mad:

With that said: Not all SMOK devices suffer this or any other problems.
They like the chrome finishes, which seriously reduce conductivity.
Sometimes there is just a faulty unit that passes through QC.
And if you are weary you should immediately speak to the vendor you purchased it from and consider whether swapping out for a new non-faulty device is a wiser decision.
(I mean no offense or ill will upon anyone)

And I have dear @Melinda to thank for graciously swapping out my faulty device.
I am 100% stinky free and loving the intensity of drippers too!

P.S. All coils will jump slightly in resistance with heat and gunk, but we're looking at 0.3 or so, depending on wire and build; but if you are experiencing 0.6 or more jumps in resistance then you are possibly holding a disaster waiting to happen and should have it checked or swapped.

Could be a few other things too...this is just my little bit of personal sharing :rolleyes:
Good luck with your Cube II and please keep us updated as to what you find out/decide :)
...I'm considering one as I need a new device that packs a serious punch!
Fired at 70w yesterday and I want more power!!!:whip::ANGEL:

I actually didnt purchase mine brand new, so there's a problem there. I'm thinking of taking it to a vape shop (only one i know in durban) and hopefully they'll be able to help me out. Otherwise I'm gonna have to buy myself a new mod which i don't want to do and nor can i afford to

Being reading some pretty poor stuff about the x cube 2. And I'm sorry but who wants an LED light bar on a mod this isn't China city lol.

My Smok 80 used to jump quite a bit, some times by 1.5 Ohms with my Subtank mini and even my drippers too. I used to just unscrew the tank and screw it back in to where it read it correctly.
That is until I droped it with tank and all on the tile floor. It hit the floor drip tip first and pretty hard too from about 2 meters up.
Tank survived and for the last 3 weeks the Ohms have not fluctuated once.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Had the same issue with my M80 a few months ago, even tried the firmware upgrade trick...nothing. Took it back to the vape shop, they tested it and after a few minutes they just looked at me and said "Do you want to swap it for another M80 or would you like something else?"
Needless to say, i took the iStick 50W.

Justa quick update.
I cleaned the 510 connector of my mod thoroughly with some tissues and earbuds and whatever small cleaning objects i coupd find that fitted inside and that has solved my resistance jumping issue. Been using it almost a month now and absolutely no trouble.
If anyone else is having this issue, i would suggest trying that

Back