Snacks: Low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
Most of you know of The Vape Guy @BumbleBee, but what many don't know is that his wife, @Bumblebabe (real name Ilze), who is also a vaper, owns a health shop in Tzaneen - close to Bumblebee's vape shop - called Living Proof Health and Wellness Store. Ilze is certified by the Academy of Health and Nutrition, but that's not enough for this lady who is continuing to study.

I received a combined order from Bumblebee and Bumblebabe two days ago (now how convenient is that!) and for your information I'd like to show you which snacks I got.

I'm diabetic, so I go for low-carb and sugar-free / no added sugar. There are some energy bars in the store which are not low-carb/sugar-free, but Ilze made sure to tell me about that so that I wouldn't buy the wrong product. Note: ALL products in the store are gluten-free.

The website for online ordering is: http://livingproof.co.za/

If you want to place a combined order from Living Proof and The Vape Guy, just tell one or both of them and they will send everything in one box, thereby saving you two delivery fees. And what fun it is to get some juice or a new mod and a slab of guilt-free chocolate!

I wish that I lived in Tzaneen because of the scrumptious lunches which Ilze makes every day. Have a look at the FB page. I follow Living Proof on FB as Ilze's gets very interesting stock in and posts whenever something new arrives.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/livingprooftzaneen/

And now, without further ado ...

Anja's Mint Milk_Front.jpg Anja's Mint Milk_Back.jpg

Choc Fudge_Front.jpg Choc Fudge_Back.jpg

Choc Macadamia_Front.jpg Choc Macadamia_Back.jpg

Banting Rusks_Front.jpg Banting Rusks_Back.jpg

Buttermilk Rusks_Front.jpg Buttermilk Rusks_Back.jpg

Cocoa_Front.jpg Cocoa_Back.jpg

Naan_Front.jpg

Pumpkin Seeds.jpg

@Rob Fisher, @Braki, @Friep, @RainstormZA

Thank you @Hooked for sharing this with us.

Omg I love mint chocolate! And buttermilk rusks too.

I'm also dairy intolerant as well - glass of milkshake sets me off, even too much ice-cream or chocolate. But a little low fat milk in my tea is alright. If I eat a bowl of yoghurt, it gives me heartburn. It sucks.

Most of you know of The Vape Guy @BumbleBee, but what many don't know is that his wife, @Bumblebabe (real name Ilze), who is also a vaper, owns a health shop in Tzaneen - close to Bumblebee's vape shop - called Living Proof Health and Wellness Store. Ilze is certified by the Academy of Health and Nutrition, but that's not enough for this lady who is continuing to study.

I received a combined order from Bumblebee and Bumblebabe two days ago (now how convenient is that!) and for your information I'd like to show you which snacks I got.

I'm diabetic, so I go for low-carb and sugar-free / no added sugar. There are some energy bars in the store which are not low-carb/sugar-free, but Ilze made sure to tell me about that so that I wouldn't buy the wrong product. Note: ALL products in the store are gluten-free.

The website for online ordering is: http://livingproof.co.za/

If you want to place a combined order from Living Proof and The Vape Guy, just tell one or both of them and they will send everything in one box, thereby saving you two delivery fees. And what fun it is to get some juice or a new mod and a slab of guilt-free chocolate!

I wish that I lived in Tzaneen because of the scrumptious lunches which Ilze makes every day. Have a look at the FB page. I follow Living Proof on FB as Ilze's gets very interesting stock in and posts whenever something new arrives.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/livingprooftzaneen/

And now, without further ado ...

View attachment 131082 View attachment 131083

View attachment 131084 View attachment 131085

View attachment 131086 View attachment 131087

View attachment 131088 View attachment 131090

View attachment 131091 View attachment 131092

View attachment 131094 View attachment 131095

View attachment 131096

View attachment 131097

@Rob Fisher, @Braki, @Friep, @RainstormZA
@Hooked you’re a sweetheart :blush:
It’s been such a pleasure. Thank you.

It’s a dream come true to do what I love and to make a difference.

In a way, @BumbleBee and I are a team from two very different parts but fighting the same fight. The two worlds are so much the same when it comes to lies and control.

It’s been life changing in so many ways and yes I’m loving the studying :D

One day I’ll cook for you too. Having the right store and environment to play with real food, is opening a whole new world :inlove:

Thank you again for your kind words, it’s much appreciated :cheer:

@Hooked you’re a sweetheart :blush:
It’s been such a pleasure. Thank you.

It’s a dream come true to do what I love and to make a difference.

In a way, @BumbleBee and I are a team from two very different parts but fighting the same fight. The two worlds are so much the same when it comes to lies and control.

It’s been life changing in so many ways and yes I’m loving the studying :D

One day I’ll cook for you too. Having the right store and environment to play with real food, is opening a whole new world :inlove:

Thank you again for your kind words, it’s much appreciated :cheer:
I am a firm believer in the no carb lifestyle...I believe it although haven't been sticking to it for a while now. Reason I'm commenting is because you said you enjoy the studying. If you haven't done so already, I think you will also enjoy the studies on varies types of fasting. Combined the 2 makes an awesome team. So many health benefits to this way of life it's crazy.

I am a firm believer in the no carb lifestyle...I believe it although haven't been sticking to it for a while now. Reason I'm commenting is because you said you enjoy the studying. If you haven't done so already, I think you will also enjoy the studies on varies types of fasting. Combined the 2 makes an awesome team. So many health benefits to this way of life it's crazy.

@Steyn777 Thank you yes I have
Jason Fung being one of my heroes I have read all I could about fasting and lived it.
I am extremely careful recommending fasting and specially look at which one for who.
Women do well for weight loss and healing insulin resistance, but need to eat right when breaking the fast and only do intermittent fasting for short periods of time. We tend to overdo the fasting and this exhausts the adrenals, which are our backup hormone resource after menopause.
Done correctly, it is an amazing tool for body and soul.

I only recommend fasting for low carbers (low carb = sugar free), the sugar burners suffer terribly and can cause blood sugar to drop too much. Total withdraw within the first few hour.

I want to do another 48 hour water fast soon. It is the most incredible experience of high energy, focus and freedom from food.

PS, no carb is impossible unless you are only having meat and fat,

Jason Fung being one of my heroes I have read all I could about fasting and lived it.
I am extremely careful recommending fasting and specially look at which one for who.
Women do well for weight loss and healing insulin resistance, but need to eat right when breaking the fast and only do intermittent fasting for short periods of time. We tend to overdo the fasting and this exhausts the adrenals, which are our backup hormone resource after menopause.

I only recommend fasting for low carbers (low carb = sugar free), the sugar burners suffer terribly and can cause blood sugar to drop too much. Total withdraw within the first few hour.

I want to do another 48 hour water fast soon. It is the most incredible experience of high energy, focus and freedom from food.

I could've only read Jason Fung and immediately know you have studied this. Lol. He is brilliant! Agree with all your points and glad to have someone in this field for when I start my journey again.

Also agree with the No Carb thing, but that is exactly what I do when I start, Meat and Fat. :cheeseburger::hambre:

I also always start with a 3 day water fast (helps me with the transition) before I take on No/low carb.

@Steyn777 I agree with you on no/low carbs. I started Banting a year or two ago and I just could not believe how fantastic I felt. I was never hungry - or hangry! - I had so much energy and my moods were stable. And I lost 13kg in 6 months. I then went off the rails but I'm back on now and feeling all the better for it.

@Bumblebabe When I lived in Oman in the Middle East, it fascinated me that during Ramadan everyone would fast from sunrise to sunset every day for a month - and that includes no drinking, smoking etc. When they break the fast, the first thing that they eat is a handful of dates - I guess for the sugar. Pregnant and menstruating women are excluded from fasting, but then they have to fast at another time.

I would pass out if I had to fast. If I haven't eaten for more than 3 - 4 hours I feel weak and I get the shakes. And then I stuff everything in sight into my mouth, healthy or not!!!!

Peeps, I didn't mention that through Living Proof FB you can join a Support program. @Bumblebabe could you tell us more about it?

@Bumblebabe When I lived in Oman in the Middle East, it fascinated me that during Ramadan everyone would fast from sunrise to sunset every day for a month - and that includes no drinking, smoking etc. When they break the fast, the first thing that they eat is a handful of dates - I guess for the sugar. Pregnant and menstruating women are excluded from fasting, but then they have to fast at another time.

I would pass out if I had to fast. If I haven't eaten for more than 3 - 4 hours I feel weak and I get the shakes. And then I stuff everything in sight into my mouth, healthy or not!!!!
I once fasted for 32 days, only water. You're body adapts. The longest recorded fast was under doctor supervision and lasted for 298 days.

@Steyn777 I agree with you on no/low carbs. I started Banting a year or two ago and I just could not believe how fantastic I felt. I was never hungry - or hangry! - I had so much energy and my moods were stable. And I lost 13kg in 6 months. I then went off the rails but I'm back on now and feeling all the better for it.
The energy you get when your body reaches Ketosis is something that's very hard to explain to anyone who hasn't been there. Should really get my discipline in order.

That would be the sugar burning state.
When you run out of sugar, your body will do ANYTHING to get you to eat more sugar (grab even unhealthy junk).
This is where we are made out to be weak and lazy, it is just not true! The fight your body puts up is extremely hard to fight. Its like an addict fighting the drug effects.

Fasting can help, but its the fats that we eat that helps most with cravings and keeping the gut monsters at bay. No we do not eat fat all day long, we just enjoy the fat on the meat, avo, eggs, healthy oily dressings and butter where needed.

Being Diabetic, you have to be extra careful when it comes to fasting. Your body and your insulin and meds, has to be carefully regulated.
Rather just stick with very low carb, this minimizes blood sugar actions, and that is a great start to healing.

The Muslims here in our town all do the one month no eating drinking smoking thing too.
To go without water every day when its to hot here, eish.

I once fasted for 32 days, only water. You're body adapts. The longest recorded fast was under doctor supervision and lasted for 298 days.
Micheal Moodley interviewed a man that was well over 100 years old and his fasting story was amazing.
He also ran many marathons and is well focused and active for his age.
I'll see if I can find the video, it full of great info.

@Steyn777 , if you want a fasting buddy let me know. I would love to do it with someone.
I love @BumbleBee , but you feed that man :rofl: no fasting for him :giggle:

I was very shocked at the clarity, strength and energy I got from my accidental 48 hour fast. I just was not hungry and went with it. Everyone begged me to eat something. Would love to do it again.

That would be the sugar burning state.
When you run out of sugar, your body will do ANYTHING to get you to eat more sugar (grab even unhealthy junk).
This is where we are made out to be weak and lazy, it is just not true! The fight your body puts up is extremely hard to fight. Its like an addict fighting the drug effects.

Fasting can help, but its the fats that we eat that helps most with cravings and keeping the gut monsters at bay. No we do not eat fat all day long, we just enjoy the fat on the meat, avo, eggs, healthy oily dressings and butter where needed.

Being Diabetic, you have to be extra careful when it comes to fasting. Your body and your insulin and meds, has to be carefully regulated.
Rather just stick with very low carb, this minimizes blood sugar actions, and that is a great start to healing.

The Muslims here in our town all do the one month no eating drinking smoking thing too.
To go without water every day when its to hot here, eish.
There is actually a study I read about a doctor that has helped reverse type 2 diabetes in patients through fasting. Not something to attempt at home though.

The energy you get when your body reaches Ketosis is something that's very hard to explain to anyone who hasn't been there. Should really get my discipline in order.
I strongly recommend Brad Pilon's Eat-Stop-Eat for intermittent fasting.
I did this for about 4 months in 2012 as a diy experiment to lower a BMI of 27%, lost about 7 kilos and didnt put it on again when I stopped.
At the time I was fasting for periods of 18hrs twice a week.
I recall feeling periodic bouts of mild euphoria after about 6 weeks in that I could only attribute to the IF process.
All the best getting your groove back. :)

[USERGROUP=3]@Admins[/USERGROUP] I see that you have moved this post from the Health forum, to Off Topic.

Firstly, how sad that you think this thread has nothing to do with health. This thread and the products mentioned in it, have everything to do with health!!! Perhaps you feel that because it's not vaping related, it's Off Topic? If so, that is a narrow point of view indeed. Everything to do with health is interconnected.

Secondly, if someone were looking for any threads relating to health, they would obviously look in the Health Matters forum. That would be the logical thing to do. Looking for it in Off Topic certainly is not logical.

Please reconsider the move which you have implemented.

There is actually a study I read about a doctor that has helped reverse type 2 diabetes in patients through fasting. Not something to attempt at home though.

Yes true that, but like I said, not if you’re not a low carber. A diabetic does benefit greatly and it does reverse it, but it must be done while watching BS carefully and with the doctor lowers the meds.

They need a proper run up to it.
I have more clients reversing diabetes with just proper low carb, than using fasting.

Specially women, they do not respond well with fasting and being diabetic.
However, insulin resistance recover very quickly with fasting.

Yes it does, as long as it’s monitored properly.
Keep in mind you can reach ketosis without fasting, you can heal and lose weight without ketosis.

g0g I see that you have moved this post from the Health forum, to Off Topic.

Firstly, how sad that you think this thread has nothing to do with health. This thread and the products mentioned in it, have everything to do with health!!! Perhaps you feel that because it's not vaping related, it's Off Topic? If so, that is a narrow point of view indeed. Everything to do with health is interconnected.

Secondly, if someone were looking for any threads relating to health, they would obviously look in the Health Matters forum. That would be the logical thing to do. Looking for it in Off Topic certainly is not logical.

Please reconsider the move which you have implemented.

Hi @Hooked
It was moved to Off topic because its not vaping related
This is a vaping forum and the Health Matters subforum pertains to Health Matters that relate to vaping

Peeps, I didn't mention that through Living Proof FB you can join a Support program. @Bumblebabe could you tell us more about it?

I only see this now

I have an ongoing group where new people join for support, ideas and motivation.
Behind the scenes I work with each person to help find mistakes, get the most out of each meal and how to do the changes needed.
Each person is an individual and most do just fine on the following the plan, but some have a hard time because of too much info and it can get very overwhelming. I provide simple starting meals and we progress from there. No one size fits all when it comes to food tolerance levels and degrees of damage done.

Take a person with Celiac, they will have a much more narrow menu with certain food completely off the menu. These you have to carefully asses and find recipes to make it a sustainable lifestyle.
There are many such cases, and each of those can be different as well.
That is where I come in ;)

@Steyn777 I totally agree with you on the energy part. I attempted a 3 day water fast after reading up on the benefits of autophagy & reducing saggy skin during weight loss . By the second day I was like the energizer bunny. Hardly felt sleepy , only went to bed after 12pm , up by 4am with energy by the bucket load.

Tried the one meal a day intermittent fasting & managed to drop around 12kg in less that 2 months all the while feeling better than I ever have.

Fell off the wagon a few months ago & I swear the moment I started pigging out on food I could literally feel the energy being sapped away. Feel so tired & lethargic now.

Aah well , hope to get back on the horse soon though:)

@Steyn777 I totally agree with you on the energy part. I attempted a 3 day water fast after reading up on the benefits of autophagy & reducing saggy skin during weight loss . By the second day I was like the energizer bunny. Hardly felt sleepy , only went to bed after 12pm , up by 4am with energy by the bucket load.

Tried the one meal a day intermittent fasting & managed to drop around 12kg in less that 2 months all the while feeling better than I ever have.

Fell off the wagon a few months ago & I swear the moment I started pigging out on food I could literally feel the energy being sapped away. Feel so tired & lethargic now.

Aah well , hope to get back on the horse soon though:)
You and me both, and what makes ketosis even more appealing is the increased mental alertness. It's such an awesome state to be in that everyone should try it at least once. Biggest set back with this lifestyle / diet is the fact that cheating puts you back with at least 4 days, but the longer you are able to stay under 25g of carbs per day, the quicker you get back into ketosis should you have a cheat day.

This thread has given me the kick up the a*** I needed! Last year I dropped a good few kilos cutting out carbs,then unfortunately a back injury left me unable to even get to the stove to cook.My better half and the stove aren't buddies!! So it was anything between two slices of bread for quite a while!
Reading this thread on Sunday I resolved to start over and as a kick start thought I'd skip the food for a couple of days,so haven't eaten since Sunday afternoon,maybe will eat some breakfast tomorrow but I'll see how it goes.

7B1AC42D-CE62-40AE-86A7-2F93D1DEF48D.jpeg
Just some motivation for those who are on the fence about the healthy life style... I’m down 31 Kgs since November last year, I am on my own diet, something I worked on by monitoring my bodies reaction to certain foods but I do use intermittent fasting and it works like a bomb.

And I shit u not, I’ve done this with eating ice cream, cake and chocolate every single week!

Back