Song Of The Day

Got to browsing some music on UT tonight and this struck a chord with me. May have been posted before, I have not followed this thread for a while.

I get what you mean GD, invokes almost identical emotions... The other is different in that sense.
Even though the song itself dances between light and dark, the Cohen and Buckley versions seem more comfortable in the shadows where is pentatonix takes it from shadow to light. The song that resonates more is probably indicative of what shade of grey the individual is in.

Even though the song itself dances between light and dark, the Cohen and Buckley versions seem more comfortable in the shadows where is pentatonix takes it from shadow to light. The song that resonates more is probably indicative of what shade of grey the individual is in.
From LC himself: "All the perfect and broken Hallelujahs have an equal value. It’s a desire to affirm my faith in life, not in some formal religious way but with enthusiasm, with emotion." The original version is a sweeping statement that can applied to much of life.
The other version adopts a more specific "target" being the relationship between man and woman. That is what I get from it in any case. But then I've been known to see what is not there. My subconscious must be a very scary place...

Lol, my conscious mind scares me enough not to venture into the subconscious mind.
When you say the other version, which version is that? Me getting confusseled.
From LC himself: "All the perfect and broken Hallelujahs have an equal value. It’s a desire to affirm my faith in life, not in some formal religious way but with enthusiasm, with emotion."
I suppose that's why the original resonated more with me.

Lol, my conscious mind scares me enough not to venture into the subconscious mind.
When you say the other version, which version is that? Me getting confusseled.
I suppose that's why the original resonated more with me.
The Pentatonix version is the other I refer to. Verse 3 and 4 differ from the original.

This is 3 of my most favorite songs off all time. If you have some knowledge of Trance Music you will recognize the artists. They normally do club doef doef music but these songs really touches the heart and is not the doef doef you would expect.

Back