South Africa Lambasted in DIY Community...

Chukin'Vape

Flavour Ninja
LV

Awards
I don't want to say much about this other than i'm extremely disappointed - and I would like to get to the bottom of this.

Please just click on the video link, you will see it starts at 1:22:09 - and listen from there onwards.

I totally agree that someone is a real douche that steals and markets. He/she qualifies as a criminal in my eyes.
Pity there is always a few wankers that ruin the image most of us is trying to build and maintain.
Another thing that i have noticed is the incredible boom of liquids being released which is fine but 95% tastes like castor oil or the like.
Purchased two bottles recently because i won a discount and they were so bad that i gave both away after a single vape. The guy i gave them to binned it after he tried it.
Damn guys .....please please please ........ make sure something is vapeable before release. :)

Aaah.

Can't the guys that have licensed the recipes sue or pursue other legal routes?

It is IP theft after all.

I think the cost vs. reward isn't worth it for them. SA is a tiny, tiny market compared to the USA.

I don't want to say much about this other than i'm extremely disappointed - and I would like to get to the bottom of this.

Please just click on the video link, you will see it starts at 1:22:09 - and listen from there onwards.

Enyawreklaw aka Wayne from DIYORDIE - has lambasted the South African vape Industry for selling his recipes commercially without his consent.

And Wayne says the guys still have the audacity to call/mail him saying something is wrong with the flavour profile :-D:-D:-D

Sorry Mercedes-Benz ive coppied your vehicle which i want to sell to the public, but there is a sound coming from the engine bay can you please help me.... Lol..... :-D:-D:-D

So how am I as a consumer supposed to be aware of what is a stolen recipe? I think its a shocking practice and I can totally understand why he is so pissed, and would gladly boycott whichever companies are doing this. But without a name I will continue to buy them. I get that he doesn't want to get involved in mud-slinging, I really do... But at the end if these guys were shitty enough to sell the recipes as their own, I doubt they will have the integrity to stop with a simple please. Making it public so that I, as an individual, can boycott it and hit them where it hurts. Their pockets.

If anyone does know who it is thats doing this, please PM me. Only so that I can do my bit to stop supporting this theft, I wont use or share the info at all. Thanks!

Aaah.

Can't the guys that have licensed the recipes sue or pursue other legal routes?

It is IP theft after all.

Legally I dont think Wayne can pursue - not that he would though, however the fact of the matter is that some people are benefiting, whilst South Africa gets this shady tag, and poor Joel (Mr Hardwick's) who has the South African Enyareklaw rights suffers. Seriously are we going to allow this in our community?

If anyone does know who it is thats doing this, please PM me. Only so that I can do my bit to stop supporting this theft, I wont use or share the info at all. Thanks!

I would like to know too please so of you find out something @Stosta please let me know and i will do the same bud.

Legally I dont think Wayne can pursue - not that he would though, however the fact of the matter is that some people are benefiting, whilst South Africa gets this shady tag, and poor Joel (Mr Hardwick's) who has the South African Enyareklaw rights suffers. Seriously are we going to allow this in our community?
But if Mr Hardwick's can prove damage somehow, can't he pursue it.

Even if it's just in small claims court.

If I am aware of a recipe and see it for sale in the local, I will automatically doubt its veracity until proven otherwise.

Problem is when they rebrand and rename.

Humans suck.

add me to that list as well please, I would rather support the recipe maker or someone who has permission to use them rather than a faker trying to pass off the flavours as their own

There is nothing that can be done except if the guilty seller gets a conscience.
The dicks will just claim a recipe by changing the percentage (0,5 to 0.4%) of one of the ingredients slightly.
That's why i decided to post my recipes so that they have a date attached to them and anything after that date remotely similar will put me in the original alchemist seat. :)

Last edited:
I think the guilty party SHOULD be named and shamed publically. We as a vape community can stand together and root out this crap. Even if no action can be taken, if we all know it's stolen recipes, we just don't buy from them anymore. They will go away soon enough!

I also would like to be on the list. Wayne should let the SA vaping community know who they are so that we can avoid these vendors.

I Agree with what he said, if it was me, I would DEFINITELY do a name and shame of who they are. I dont need to press charges or anything, just ruin their reputation.

I dont agree that he slams All of South Africa due to a few Losers.
I dont think its fair that say that "South Africans are Shifty MutherF@ckers" just because of one Ahole. Please add me to the list of people who wants to know who these vendors are. They are really ruining it for the rest.

Last edited:
I love the fact that everyone is up in arms about this issue and quite rightly so… and the issue was covered a few months back on Mr Hardwicks Radio Station. But I’m not sure how this is any different to cloning of hardware. Cloning, copying recipes… it is all stealing other people intellectual properties.

This is BS. I do however feel that it would not be fair on say Joel to be the one to do the naming.
Perhaps we could all kindly and politely request it from Wayne of DIY or Die on the comments section of the above listed video?

I love the fact that everyone is up in arms about this issue and quite rightly so… and the issue was covered a few months back on Mr Hardwicks Radio Station. But I’m not sure how this is any different to cloning of hardware. Cloning, copying recipes… it is all stealing other people intellectual properties.
Good point.

This is not a justification, just an exploration of the possible reason.

The difference comes in as to who the original belongs to. Wayne Walker is an individual that many people look up to.

A cloned atty is based on a creation from some company. We don't feel that direct bond with them, and let's be honest, many people have a damn the man attitude.

Fair point though. Would this not constitute cognitive dissonance?

This issue is now getting massive attention globally - through DIYORDIE, if we don't act quickly, im afraid South Africa and its juice market will be labelled by all as shady. Almost exactly how we think of China as a pile of cloners. I believe our community is tight enough to weed out this problem quick sticks.

Back