Squonk gear

Papa_Lazarou

squonkito ergo sum
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hey all,

New to the forum. Just wondering if anybody's packing some of the more exotic squonk setups - SVA, sunbox, Lukkos, A&M, etc.

I have an SVA DNA40... cost me an arm and a leg and I very rarely use it... for some reason I just prefer the REO... I also have two Custom Classic Mods and a Lil Pinch. And I also have some JB Mods which are made right here in SA.

Squonkers 001.JPG

Man, those JB's are awesome cool. The CC's are stellar, too.

I hear you on the SVA front - some cray cray prices, but the nat wood versions have come down a lot since the delrin penguins and aluminum models have come out. Multi-cup also helps with us bigger-than-14mm guys.

I have an SVA DNA40... cost me an arm and a leg and I very rarely use it... for some reason I just prefer the REO... I also have two Custom Classic Mods and a Lil Pinch. And I also have some JB Mods which are made right here in SA.

View attachment 48091

Thats not all of them,I know you've got a regulated Reo and a white marble jobby:)

sheesh they so pretty man-o-man I need to get my hands on a nice squonker. Love the JB though looks to be a sure favorite for me.

Here's a snappy little setup - a Sunbox E8 with Nipple. Closest thing to a Grand with regulation without it being a one-off.

sunboxE8.jpg

The Nipple is a wicked atty, too. 3mm air holes (x 2), domed cap means beaucoup flavour. Very, very hard to get it to leak.

I hear you on the SVA front - some cray cray prices, but the nat wood versions have come down a lot since the delrin penguins and aluminum models have come out. Multi-cup also helps with us bigger-than-14mm guys.

I must say I really fancy getting a Penguin! But with my collection the thought of paying those prices and begging to get onto a list or paying an inflated price leaves me stone cold. :confused:

I must say I really fancy getting a Penguin! But with my collection the thought of paying those prices and begging to get onto a list or paying an inflated price leaves me stone cold. :confused:

Speak of the devil(s)...

penguins.jpg

They're an excellent pocket mod and actually coming down in price as newer belle-of-the-ball mods come online. The A&M Evo is now where the peng was a year ago. These are fixed cup (14mm), but newer pengs have the multi-cup system and are more sought after.

Speak of the devil(s)...

View attachment 48146

They're an excellent pocket mod and actually coming down in price as newer belle-of-the-ball mods come online. The A&M Evo is now where the peng was a year ago. These are fixed cup (14mm), but newer pengs have the multi-cup system and are more sought after.
One of these day Kangertech is going to make them much cheaper imo.

Speak of the devil(s)...

View attachment 48146

OMW THat white one! :eek:

One of these day Kangertech is going to make them much cheaper imo.

Yes, Kanger and eLeaf are both entering the market at much lower price points - maybe squonking goes BOOM.

The Steam Crave Squonk Mod is another contender at a very reasonable price with an aromamizer included. The Geyscano, not so much in terms of quality.

steamcrave.jpg

The sunbox family (well, most them - they tend to mill about and are never there when you want to take a pic)...

12273159_1208738982476546_161790776_n.jpg

Here's a stab lukkos DNA40 with ebony door. This one I use as a real "sitting in an armchair reading Kafka" vape. Never really got into pipes when I smoked, but this is definitely the vaping equivalent.

lukkos.jpg

@Papa_Lazarou you seem to have every squonker atty known to man... is there one that does lung hits that doesn't leak and that doesn't cook the juice in a juice well that actually drains back into the squonk bottle?

@Papa_Lazarou you seem to have every squonker atty known to man... is there one that does lung hits that doesn't leak and that doesn't cook the juice in a juice well that actually drains back into the squonk bottle?

Well, if there's a hole, it can leak. Every atty can leak if properly abused. I get what you mean, though.

On the Extremely Hard To Leak (Lung Hitter) list you have...

Manta
Thump
Rogue
Hastur
Vector
Nipple (due to air hole height)
Snapdragon (for some reason I cannot fathom)
NaRDA

Of these, the NaRDA, Nipple, and Snappy are good squonker/drainers from the modder. The Thump has no well at all, and so drains well, but you need a good conversion (eg Chowderhead).

These are what I'd call "native DL" atties. Some folks (eg @Spydro ) do well with slipstreaming to get DL hits on, say, a Chalice.

Well, if there's a hole, it can leak. Every atty can leak if properly abused. I get what you mean, though.

Manta
Thump
Rogue
Hastur
Vector
NaRDA

Of these, the NaRDA, Nipple, and Snappy are good squonker/drainers from the modder. The Thump has no well at all, and so drains well, but you need a good conversion (eg Chowderhead).

These are what I'd call "native DL" atties. Some folks (eg @Spydro ) do well with slipstreaming to get DL hits on, say, a Chalice.

Thanks @Papa_Lazarou I'm going to give the Thump another go... got one from Chowder! :rock:

Now to dig through the shelf and look for it...

OK that was an epic fail... sold the Thump... have a Stumpy from Chowder... will test that and an Odin I just re-inherited. Also going to have my first go with Nichrome. Hold thumbs... :p

OK that was an epic fail... sold the Thump... have a Stumpy from Chowder... will test that and an Odin I just re-inherited. Also going to have my first go with Nichrome. Hold thumbs... :p

The Stumpy is a great atty, but it can leak with the best of them if you open the air more than half-way. Not like bottom air atties, mind, but it is a short side-air atty with some pretty big holes.

The Odin? Well, I used to like them a lot but I found them to be one of the worst atties for leaking when I took them out and about. I have no idea why, but they would weep non-stop. Not so much at home, with level surfaces to keep them on, but put them in a pocket and SPLOOSH.

The Stumpy is a great atty, but it can leak with the best of them if you open the air more than half-way. Not like bottom air atties, mind, but it is a short side-air atty with some pretty big holes.

The Odin? Well, I used to like them a lot but I found them to be one of the worst atties for leaking when I took them out and about. I have no idea why, but they would weep non-stop. Not so much at home, with level surfaces to keep them on, but put them in a pocket and SPLOOSH.

OK the Odin is HISTORY! :confused:

Manta
Thump
Rogue
Hastur
Vector
NaRDA

Slipstreaming is not a best case scenario for DLH's by any means, but it's the only way I can get some use out of all my Chalice attys (especially the Chalice II). Also requires a very long, slow lung pull because I draw to fill my lungs completely. But with both the slipstreaming and those pulls they can produce plenty of flavor rich vapor.

Back