Ss316 outer wire with kenthal core claptons

reijnier

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
First of is it possible.
Second will the coil last longer deu to the kenthal with the taste boost from ss316.
And on the side what makes the wire last longer and the taste better because there is standards like ss316 or ni 80 and so on

First of is it possible.
Second will the coil last longer deu to the kenthal with the taste boost from ss316.
And on the side what makes the wire last longer and the taste better because there is standards like ss316 or ni 80 and so on
Not had experience with that combo but yes you can use different wire for cores than the outer binding, more commonly known as hybrids. I personally used to use coils with SS316 cores and outer NI80 binding due to using the Replay TC feature on DNA devices, to use replay there has to be a TC wire used in the make up of the coil but personally find SS gives me a metallic taste so had NI80 outer binding as I have always got good flavour from NI80 wire!

As I understand for tc mode the right wire should be the core as its the wire thats taking current

As I understand for tc mode the right wire should be the core as its the wire thats taking current
That's correct so I used SS cores and Ni80 binding! But I take it you are not using TC so it doesn't matter.

Yes, it's absolutely possible to create clapton coils with an SS316 outer wire and a Kanthal core. This setup offers a unique blend of properties from both materials, potentially enhancing the coil's performance in terms of flavor and longevity.

Regarding longevity, Kanthal wire is renowned for its durability and resistance to oxidation, which can contribute to the overall lifespan of the coil. By using Kanthal as the core, it may help protect the coil from premature degradation, resulting in a longer-lasting build.

When it comes to flavor, SS316 wire is often praised for its purity and ability to deliver a clean taste. By using SS316 as the outer wire in the clapton coil, you may experience an improved flavor profile compared to using Kanthal alone. SS316 is also less prone to metallic aftertastes, which can further enhance the vaping experience.

In terms of wire longevity and flavor quality, several factors come into play:

1. Wire Material: Different wire materials have unique properties that can affect longevity and flavor. SS316, for example, is known for its corrosion resistance and clean taste, while Kanthal is valued for its durability.
  2. Coil Build: Factors such as coil diameter, number of wraps, and coil positioning can impact longevity and flavor. A well-built coil with proper spacing and airflow can enhance both aspects.
  3. Wattage and Temperature: Operating your coil within the recommended wattage or temperature range can help maintain flavor quality and prolong wire life. Excessive heat can lead to premature coil degradation and affect taste.
  4. Coil Maintenance: Regular cleaning and maintenance of your coils can help extend their lifespan and ensure optimal flavor. Dry burning and rewicking periodically can remove residue buildup and improve flavor clarity.
Overall, experimenting with different wire materials and coil configurations can help you find the perfect balance of longevity and flavor in your vaping experience. Remember to consider factors such as wire type, coil build, and maintenance practices to optimize performance.

Happy vaping!

Thank you for the full awnser I think the experiance and practice is key and I will pursue this

Thank you for the full awnser I think the experiance and practice is key and I will pursue this
Sometimes the best thing you can do is mess around a bit. I have used 316 electric fence wire to make a coil. Not recommended by the way.

I am worried about finding wire now. No one seems to have 36AWG Ni80 in stock anymore.

This thread has been very useful and has got me thinking.

I now have a mod with a DNA chip in it. (LostVape Thelema 250C)
I have a fantastic Atomizer in the Blaze RDA from Thunderhead creations X Mike Vape.

I am using Wrapped by Fydo | Micro Tri Alien Coils
they have been really good for me so I don't have any complaints.

Question is should I investigate using Temp controls more?
is there any good resources that can explain the different metals, how temp control works what curves to use and all those things?
and then naturally where to get them?

Nah, bro. Now you are going way over my head. TC is for the rich boys out there. I'm happy with my Dovpo MVV semi-mech and my old Sigelei. I would have no clue where to even start helping you out here.

maybe someone else has some insights or links for me

I Thought about buing cheap chinese wire to mess about with just to practice but its too much of a hassel found a few venders but stock is a problem

I Thought about buing cheap chinese wire to mess about with just to practice but its too much of a hassel found a few venders but stock is a problem

Quick question: has anyone here ever tried Pirate Heating Wire for coil building? I’m in a bit of a bind down here in South Africa – can’t seem to get my hands on any decent quality wire anymore. Bloody pain in the arse!

So, I’m thinking of ordering some wire from China, and Pirate Heating Wire caught my eye. But before I pull the trigger, I wanna hear from you lot. What’s the verdict on this stuff? Any of you given it a crack? How’s it hold up compared to the good ol’ reliable wires like Kidney Puncher that we used to get?

I saw them on aliexpress ,there is nk wire i want to try

I tried the kanthal core and ss the flavour isnt as good as nich80 core with ss its a big diffrense Im gonna try kidney puncher nich80 have a 50 feet spool ss just to see and im gonna try the chinese wire against the kidney puncher

I tried the kanthal core and ss the flavour isnt as good as nich80 core with ss its a big diffrense Im gonna try kidney puncher nich80 have a 50 feet spool ss just to see and im gonna try the chinese wire against the kidney puncher
Let me know how the Chinese wire works. I'm keen on getting some. And post some pictures of your coils.

Sure have to order them first but the reason im ordering is for their cotton chinese organic cotton 2 meter lenthgs for 3 mm coil at around 30 rand a bag saves for the wire

Back