5 Core Fused Claptons 28 x 5 / 40

T666

Tenacious Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All,

I have some 5 Core Fused Claptons 28 x 5 / 40 pre rolled wire and want to use this in my DL device.

Question i cant seem to find the answer for is how many wraps will give me a resistance of 0.13? Inner Diameter of 3mm

Would this be 4 or 5 wraps?

Hi All,

I have some 5 Core Fused Claptons 28 x 5 / 40 pre rolled wire and want to use this in my DL device.

Question i cant seem to find the answer for is how many wraps will give me a resistance of 0.13? Inner Diameter of 3mm

Would this be 4 or 5 wraps?
are you using this on a mech that you are being super duper specific about wanting 0.13ohms?

fair enough.

i would guess 4 wraps would be a better bet then. 5 wraps of that is a LOT of coil!

Hey T666,

Great choice on the 5 Core Fused Claptons! For your desired resistance of 0.13 ohms with a 3mm inner diameter, here are the calculations:

• 4 Wraps: Approximately 0.142 ohms
  • 5 Wraps: Approximately 0.174 ohms
These calculations are based on the assumption that you're using Ni80 wire.

So, if you're aiming for precisely 0.13 ohms, I'd recommend going with 4 wraps. It provides a bit of wiggle room while still hitting close to your target resistance.

Happy vaping!

Last edited:
Then try 6 wraps. That will get you up to 0.1ohms. 8 wraps will give you the 0.13 you are looking for, but the coils are going to get a bit big.

Then try 6 wraps. That will get you up to 0.1ohms. 8 wraps will give you the 0.13 you are looking for, but the coils are going to get a bit big.

Thanks! Will give it a shot and see how it works out!

Back