Stabilised wood care

Cobrali

Elite Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi all,

I recently got a stabilised wood mod and it is beautiful! But I was wondering what I can do to keep it in tip top shape as I only know how to wrap other mods but wood is a different story and I don't want to wrap that!

I have read about using oils and wax but the one's listed are hard to find.

Please provide some of your knowledge, especially on what is required and where to get these items from as I was at builders warehouse today but couldn't find paste wax.

Attachments

• Maintenance-of-stabilized-wood.pdf
    365.1 KB · Views: 23
Renaissance Wax is fine. I use Howard Sun Shield or 100% white Carnauba wax to seal my fine woods. I wouldn't use mineral oil though unless you don't mind if it darkens the colors before you seal it with wax. When done properly the woods cells are already filled from the stabilization, so it should not soak up the oil. If it does then the stabilization wasn't done completely right. Oil that does not completely dry might cloud the finish with some wood species.

Just FIY I started quoting these in the "Reading the Forum as a Non-Vaper" and just got too overwhelmed.

This is a really special forum in that we have a safe place to discuss different ways to polish your wood safely, and without fear of ridicule... :rolleyes:

Stabilised wood shouldn't really be able to absorb oils, since it is saturated with resin to 'stabilise' it. It will no doubt retain a very small amount of porosity, especially near the surface, but shouldn't really require anything more than a very light wipe with a light oil to pop nicely.

Here is what my blue stab wood doors looked like when I unpacked the box...
USA-VM-3.jpg

And this after a coat of coconut oil! Next I will do a Renaissance coat and leave it overnight and polish tomorrow!
Blue Panels 001.JPG

Wow, what a difference there @Rob Fisher. Cannot wait to see the end product now. It should have been well wrapped in the first place though.

Wow, what a difference there @Rob Fisher. Cannot wait to see the end product now. It should have been well wrapped in the first place though.

Agreed... but this was second hand... and MyUS open all the parcels to verify the contents and they don't seal the packets properly with the result that sometimes the contents spill into the box... my others are all brand new and is real packaging. ;-)

Agreed... but this was second hand... and MyUS open all the parcels to verify the contents and they don't seal the packets properly with the result that sometimes the contents spill into the box... my others are all brand new and is real packaging. ;-)

Yes I noticed that as well, I sent them an email regarding this issue and they assured me it will be addressed and corrected going forward. Obviously not yet it seems

Is this really good to have for Stab woods.

I have always treated my woods with Renaissance wax... but the HE guys have told me about coconut oil first and it appears to be the right way... let's see how they look tomorrow when I buff the Renaissance wax residue off the panels.

Did I ever tell you about my OCD? :eyepop:

Hehehe... I know what you mean... I did sweat a bit but the second picture with them both in the same way wasn't as good and was a bit blurry... a blurry pic was more than I could bare. :p

Hehehe... I know what you mean... I did sweat a bit but the second picture with them both in the same way wasn't as good and was a bit blurry... a blurry pic was more than I could bare. :p

*Cough Cough*
RFBefore.jpg RFafter.jpg

Are these before and after.I need glasses if so cause they look the same:eek::D

Back