Stabilised wood care

About the same but with a protective coating!

In a way... that's a good thing right? I know it's your mod but I'd be upset if the color changed in the slightest degree lol. That and if it isn't holding the oils and wax causing the color to change then that would mean it was stabilized correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a way... that's a good thing right? I know it's your mod but I'd be upset if the color changed in the slightest degree lol. That and if it isn't holding the oils and wax causing the color to change then that would mean it was stabilized correctly?

Wood tends to dry out over time etc.
It's almost like the colour of your car fading until you restore it to its natural splendour with a good wax!

If the mod isn't sealed with a sealer then the wood does dry out and change colour... the coconut oil brings it back to it's glory and the renaissance wax seals it in and protects it.

They are nearly the same... but they smell better! ;-)
If you leave out the Renaissance Wax and just use Coconut Oil then if they don't turn out well you could eat them. Reckon it would taste like Banting Bread Oh don't swallow the magnets

Wood tends to dry out over time etc.
It's almost like the colour of your car fading until you restore it to its natural splendour with a good wax!

Ah I understand now. Felt like an ANC member in woodwork class for a minute there.

Wax your wood... noted.

If the mod isn't sealed with a sealer then the wood does dry out and change colour... the coconut oil brings it back to it's glory and the renaissance wax seals it in and protects it.

Thanx for the much needed clarification

So Last week My Hellfire went in for a much needed SPA treatment. The wood was very dull and I could feel the grains when I held it. So after chatting with @Takie I was told to send it to him. I am over the moon with the job he did. Buttery Smooth now.

Before
IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

After

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1956.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

Thank you @Takie for a Job well done. Well worth every cent paid for this treatment.

Regarding woods, what is the locally available alternative to Renaissance Wax? Does this buff out juice stains, and does it prevent juice stains from condensation or a leak? I want something for a wooden stand thing which has a stained patch from juice..

I doubt it will buff out a juice stain and I don't think it would offer too much protection, what sort of wood is your stand and what's it finished with

I have no idea what type of wood it is, it's actually on a brand new tv stand at my sister's lol, nobody has seen it but I was hoping there was some way to remove it, maybe I should give the whole stand a coat of ejuice to make it look even :D

One more thing, once the wood mod is treated is it supposed to feel/look shiny with the protective layer?

As I understand the options like coconut oil or mineral oil are applied first, and then the sealant is applied once that has completely dried. If you know of any sealants or waxes that are locally available that would work for the second step please give me the names.. Wood isn't very forgiving so I just want to be very sure before applying anything..

I have no idea what type of wood it is, it's actually on a brand new tv stand at my sister's lol, nobody has seen it but I was hoping there was some way to remove it, maybe I should give the whole stand a coat of ejuice to make it look even :D

One more thing, once the wood mod is treated is it supposed to feel/look shiny with the protective layer?

As I understand the options like coconut oil or mineral oil are applied first, and then the sealant is applied once that has completely dried. If you know of any sealants or waxes that are locally available that would work for the second step please give me the names.. Wood isn't very forgiving so I just want to be very sure before applying anything..

I think its safer to leave the TV stand alone and deny all knowledge if confronted :) Seriously though if you can't work out what its finished with I wouldn't touch it unless as you suggest you're prepared to possibly end up sanding it down completely.
I wouldn't use Coconut Oil.
Mineral Oil is non drying and thats why its usual (depending on application) to use another product over it as a finish coat.You can use wax for this and its the wax that gives it the finish not the mineral oil.
Its also possible to mix a mineral oil and wax but thats not something I've tried.
If you specifically want to finish a wood mod then a combination of mineral oil and wax is not really the best way to go as it doesn't give a particularly hard wearing finish.Obviously the same is true for furniture.
If you use a drying oil then you don't need a wax.
If you let me know what you want to do I can maybe recommend something.

I think its safer to leave the TV stand alone and deny all knowledge if confronted :) Seriously though if you can't work out what its finished with I wouldn't touch it unless as you suggest you're prepared to possibly end up sanding it down completely.
I wouldn't use Coconut Oil.
Mineral Oil is non drying and thats why its usual (depending on application) to use another product over it as a finish coat.You can use wax for this and its the wax that gives it the finish not the mineral oil.
Its also possible to mix a mineral oil and wax but thats not something I've tried.
If you specifically want to finish a wood mod then a combination of mineral oil and wax is not really the best way to go as it doesn't give a particularly hard wearing finish.Obviously the same is true for furniture.
If you use a drying oil then you don't need a wax.
If you let me know what you want to do I can maybe recommend something.

What would you recomend with my athena pride? Stuff that is locally availible?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 29
If that was my mod I'd polish it on a buffing wheel with a soft compound.Can't Jacques do it for you;):)

Ill speak with him and see if i could part with the mod for a week or two. . Thanks for the suggestion. I didnt even think of him being able to do it.

Back