Starting an ejuice company

Cole MacGyver

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys and girls.
I'm trying to find out info on what paperwork/licenses/permits are needed to start selling ejuice. If anyone has any legit info I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks in advance!
Cole.

Nothing. No licence, no paperwork, zippo... but the secret to sucess is to start with one or two really good juices and convince a vape shop or two to stock them... without a decent juice to get the interest of a vape shop you are dead in the water.

Nothing. No licence, no paperwork, zippo... but the secret to sucess is to start with one or two really good juices and convince a vape shop or two to stock them... without a decent juice to get the interest of a vape shop you are dead in the water.

And to add... if you have a decent juice or two and want to get into the big vape stores you need a VAT number.

Ok cool. Thanks so much!
I have 2 flavours I've been working on for about 6 months. I've finally got them exactly the way I wanted them to taste.
I'm thinking I'm gonna start selling online and through word of mouth and once I have enough feedback I'll look at registering for VAT.
Thank you so much!
Cole.

The E-juice market could well be the most saturated market in South Africa.

It will not be easy. But all the best and goodluck to you!

The E-juice market could well be the most saturated market in South Africa.

It will not be easy. But all the best and goodluck to you!
Thanks. I'm not looking to become super rich or take over the market, I'm just really enjoying mixing and hopefully I can provide some happiness and satisfaction to other vapers out there.
Cole.

Ok cool. Thanks so much!
I have 2 flavours I've been working on for about 6 months. I've finally got them exactly the way I wanted them to taste.
I'm thinking I'm gonna start selling online and through word of mouth and once I have enough feedback I'll look at registering for VAT.
Thank you so much!
Cole.

hi, tell us a little more on the 2 juices you got going, what kind of profile are they etc

Manufacturers and vendors have formed a nice little brotherhood/consortium. Your chances of cracking into that group are virtually nil, especially if you offer your juice at a reasonable price.

Go the online route.

@Cole MacGyver you don't need a VAT number. If your turnover reaches 1 million rand then yes, until then it's totally unnecessary. And trust me - it's something to avoid like the plague!

I learnt VAT in India. But my understanding is that tax laws are similar in most countries. To do business you need to first register your company/properietor ship/small business. Now in this case you are a manufacturer, if you want to claim a refund of the VAT you paid on the raw materials purchased you need to register for VAT and/or if your turnover is above a specific amount.
The purchaser shouldn't have a problem because you are not charging him VAT, however if he is still liable to pay VAT on your products, because he will be charging VAT on the sale of your products.
Confusing ? I will suggest you speak to a certified public accountant for more clarity.
You have a huge market here itself on this forum. Start small, if it sells here I am sure the vendors on the forum will want to sell your juice on their shops as well.

No, simply a turnover of R1million in the financial year.

Huffapuff is 100% correct re the amount.

Then over and above the whole VAT thing, one of the first things the retailers will ask you is where the juice is made. Quite a number of them do not accept a basic cleanroom anymore so I would suggest you look into labs which manufacture on your behalf. Maybe speak to Andre @ Foggas as I know he has one.

Back