Statues and figurines

Wow @KZOR
That is quite incredible!

On a serious note.. I watch PAWN STARS, STORAGE WARS ETC and it's always interesting to see how much those types of collections go for overseas.. always wondered if they carry similar value this side.. I mean a rusty volksy bus in the UK sells for 30000 pounds on auction

JsPLAYn'z VAPEquarters

Sadly not ......... my dad always said that something is only worth a certain price if you have a buyer.
South Africa's collectors base is but a fraction of that of countries like the US and UK.
I still have a collection of around 400 Batman comics that I have collected as a youngster.
Doubt if I would even get R5000 for the batch in South Africa.
Sold one from 1947 on BOB years back and only got R150 for that. :)

And to the question whether I am married .......... happily so with two offspring thrown in on the deal.

Must say I have been more of a DC fan, but I wouldnt mind one of those XLarge hulk buster suits as a feature on my bar :COOLKID:

Here we have Night of the living dead and Pirates (J Depp) and then Jimi, Elvis and Billy The Kid.

DSC_0079.JPG DSC_0080.JPG

My three snipers and Neo diorama from Matrix
DSC_0081.JPG DSC_0082.JPG

Mr Mercury (Terminator) and Crow with Edward Scissorhands
DSC_0083.JPG DSC_0084.JPG

Predator with Kratos and a fighting scene from Highlander.
DSC_0085.JPG DSC_0086.JPG

Then a porcelain Batman rooftop statue.
DSC_0087.JPG

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Wow @KZOR
I find this fascinating
I don't collect figurines but whenever I see them in the shops I am so tempted to buy some...

If I may ask, where do you store/display them all?
Don't they take up lots of space?

Very nice @KZOR
You have some fantastic figurines!

I'll get a couple pictures of mine when I get back home to contribute to the thread as well.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Wow @KZOR
If I may ask, where do you store/display them all?
Don't they take up lots of space?

They are all displayed in my braai area on shelves or display cabinets. Most are 9" figures so they don't take up that much space.
I know they lose value once outside the box but I am not in it for the money. I enjoy when friends can experience them on display
and start talking about their specific relation to a figure. :) Always interesting.

Here are some of my collections.

Will add more if you'd like to see.

a42e7ff5e32b339fbb567a0d02f3b979.jpg

37be314c5bda90ffb3100634d27349cf.jpg

d973bcffa34fe1b77bfdd070d701f1eb.jpg

d0fd4fcadc346f57f943278bf072cc25.jpg

5cce728b97fe291313b9a03ae80a0c50.jpg

2e3f466679cbddf33b1b0b9ac90100a1.jpg

a9f33fd9c589d128dfe166a5c76b189d.jpg

Others include more Assassins Creed figurines (from 1 and 3), a limited edition 3A Metal Gear Rex, among others.

Very nice. Love the pipboy, huge Fallout fan. Still need to get me a power armor figurine. What is that last one?

Very nice. Love the pipboy, huge Fallout fan. Still need to get me a power armor figurine. What is that last one?
Thanks.
The last one is the Songbird from BioShock Infinite.

Nice Murderdoll. You welcome to specify the Batmans in your will one day. Will look after them like my own children. :)
Post your others. Always nice to look at new ones.

Ha ha. Thanks man. You'll enjoy the Injustice figurine then.

The black and white batman was a limited run too. I have 0933/3500 on that one.

Will take photos of the others later when I get the coffee table opened up.

Nice Murderdoll. You welcome to specify the Batmans in your will one day. Will look after them like my own children. :)

A few more posts and we will have @Silver starting a new hobby.

A few more posts and we will have @Silver starting a new hobby.

:eek:

:D

Back