Steeping for noobs

Personally when I purchase juice try it in my local store right off the bat. If I think it can amount to something ill buy it with a few others casually swapping through the juices. Whatever taste best off the line I vape and in my case within a few days (3-7) all juices usually settle enough to vape on happily. I leave all my bottles in a case so they remain out of sunlight.

When I mix a juice or even when I get new juices, I use the quick steep method about 5 or 8 times.
Put in hot water for 15mins, take out, air, shake for 30 seconds and put back in hot water. Repeat another 4 or 7 times and my juices always come out wonderful.

i do the same, although without the lid off - with the juices i mix, not with the bought juices.

HHV NET juices,...3 weeks in the post after they mix it (assuming they mix per order)... they all need at least a week+ before they are good, some need 3+ weeks. (Like Huntsman - it was nasty when i got it, spicy and very unblended, and then after 3 weeks it was very different.)

Office steep! :)
Aerate and shake every now and then

Attachments

• ops_steep01.jpg
    ops_steep01.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 39
Nice pc dude :)

I would not trust juice on top of my graphics card

Nice pc dude :)

I would not trust juice on top of my graphics card

That's not mine, my GPU would cook that juice faster than a microwave. :D

Mmmm, what has variable heat with lots of shaking in a house? Maybe a securely wrapped & tied bundle in a low temp tumble drier cycle...

Any volunteers?:devil:

Last edited:
Woww it gets even better, never noticed this guy!

steep.jpg

I think I may have successfully steeped a juice.

Got some gorgeous Honey Badger. But while it was nice, I thought the flavours were a little too 'seperate' if that makes sense. I could taste the pipe Tabacco, honey and vanilla distinctly, but they didn't seem 'married'.

So I did the warm water thing a few times, and now it just seems more 'blended' all together and mellowed out.

It's even more yum now!

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Last edited:
We have a baby bottle warmer lying here which isnt being used that can be set at various temperatures of which the lowest is 40°C. You guys reckon that might work?

i reckon this would work but the question now is for how long do u run it for before u let it cool down.
maybe 20 minutes on then cool down for 20 and repeat 4 to 5 times.

I put some new juices in a box, and put the box on top of my DSTv decoder. Shake them every hour or so. Did this for 2 days. There is definitely a change in colour, and taste improved.

Warmth is not a big deal, you need shaking, vibration. Hence the ultrasonic. Slight warmth to thin the VG.

I personally have 2 steeping methods that I use regularly and to excellent effect.

Method 1: Ultrasonic cleaner (if you own one).
Decant the juice into a glass vessel (very NB) and place in the ultrasonic cleaner (covered or uncovered doesn't really matter, but I tend to do mine covered for safety's sake. Fill the cleaner with cold/room temp tap water. Set the cleaner to a 30 minute cycle.

When the cycle begins i normally read the temperature at being between 10ºC and 22ºC depending on the season and weather. After running a 30 minute cycle I take the temperature again. Again depending on the season and weather one may observe anything from a 15ºC to 25º rise in temperature.

The ultrasonic vibrations (42000 pulses per minute) do 2 things. Firstly they mix the juices various components together faster that you could even imagine. Secondly, the intensity of the pulses actually causes friction between the water molecules, heating the water up. (I have not tested whether or not one could could actually boil water this way, but have managed to bring the temperature up to 70ºC at one point just to see. I'm pretty sure based on those results that it would be possible.)

So the sweet spot is really aroung the mid 40's. Don't ever go higher than 50ºC just to be safe. Run as many cycles as you need to to achieve this temperature, then allow the juice to stand in the water until the water returns to its original temperature. Rinse and repeat as many times as you like.

I once did this to a juice 6 times cos I'd bought it at vape meet and had to add nic myself. It started out clear. By the end of the 6th cycle it was a deep orange!

Method 2: Your car

Put your juices in a tupperware or something. Must be preferably white plastic. Park your car somewhere in the sun, go shopping, have a coffee, go about your daily business. After a week it will be good and properly steeped and taste fantastic.

I personally prefer Method 1 cos it gives me complete control over the process, but that being said I rarely have the time to do it and as a result use Method 2 much, much more.

hmm, not bad. put the container somewhere it gets some vibration. in one of the door storage-whatevers would be good, i suppose.

hmm, not bad. put the container somewhere it gets some vibration. in one of the door storage-whatevers would be good, i suppose.
Reckon that would work just fine.

It's just amazing watching the juice steep before your eyes in the ultrasonic. Mindblowingly cool!

thats priceless... now jst take a drive up and down a cobble road

:)

I was on the road from JHB to PTA and back, so it's quite a bit of swaying around at least. And in that position it doesn't roll off.

Warmth is not a big deal, you need shaking, vibration. Hence the ultrasonic. Slight warmth to thin the VG.

Ye it obviously got some movement, but not much actual shacking. Highway driving mostly.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Last edited:
Back