Steeping for noobs

I personally have 2 steeping methods that I use regularly and to excellent effect.

Method 1: Ultrasonic cleaner (if you own one).
Decant the juice into a glass vessel (very NB) and place in the ultrasonic cleaner (covered or uncovered doesn't really matter, but I tend to do mine covered for safety's sake. Fill the cleaner with cold/room temp tap water. Set the cleaner to a 30 minute cycle.

When the cycle begins i normally read the temperature at being between 10ºC and 22ºC depending on the season and weather. After running a 30 minute cycle I take the temperature again. Again depending on the season and weather one may observe anything from a 15ºC to 25º rise in temperature.

The ultrasonic vibrations (42000 pulses per minute) do 2 things. Firstly they mix the juices various components together faster that you could even imagine. Secondly, the intensity of the pulses actually causes friction between the water molecules, heating the water up. (I have not tested whether or not one could could actually boil water this way, but have managed to bring the temperature up to 70ºC at one point just to see. I'm pretty sure based on those results that it would be possible.)

So the sweet spot is really aroung the mid 40's. Don't ever go higher than 50ºC just to be safe. Run as many cycles as you need to to achieve this temperature, then allow the juice to stand in the water until the water returns to its original temperature. Rinse and repeat as many times as you like.

I once did this to a juice 6 times cos I'd bought it at vape meet and had to add nic myself. It started out clear. By the end of the 6th cycle it was a deep orange!

Method 2: Your car

Put your juices in a tupperware or something. Must be preferably white plastic. Park your car somewhere in the sun, go shopping, have a coffee, go about your daily business. After a week it will be good and properly steeped and taste fantastic.

I personally prefer Method 1 cos it gives me complete control over the process, but that being said I rarely have the time to do it and as a result use Method 2 much, much more.

On the boiling side, exactly the same principle applied with a microwave, just the medium differs; being a radio wave instead of a mechanical wave.

Hi...

I found this old thread, and when it comes to juice knowledge, I call myself a noob.
So is steeping still used?
Is there a sure, quick way that works and safe?

I'm referring to MTL freebase specifically.

Thanks.

Hi...

I found this old thread, and when it comes to juice knowledge, I call myself a noob.
So is steeping still used?
Is there a sure, quick way that works and safe?

I'm referring to MTL freebase specifically.

Thanks.

hi, yes steeping it's still used (unfortunately)

some recipes/profiles must steep, some even as long as 30 days +

there are all sorts of tricks to hasten the steep, I strap my juice to a jig saw blade and let it run

NB - I'm only kidding !

nothing beats father time

only sure way...
images

Ok but, here is my question.... I come home with bottles bought liquid. Do I just leave them in a temperate room or warmer or cooler.....Do I remove the cap so it breaths? Or is that not needed?

Ok but, here is my question.... I come home with bottles bought liquid. Do I just leave them in a temperate room or warmer or cooler.....Do I remove the cap so it breaths? Or is that not needed?

"bought" liquid should just be kept out of direct sunlight and in room temperature

but each to his own

some peeps keep their juice in a fridge for instance

Remember this so well when i just started DIYing around 4 years back. Trying to find any possible way to speed up the steeping from warm baths, microwave, tumble dryer you name it.

I have since come to realize that once the juice has been mixed, shake the hell out of it and put it in the juice cupboard for a week at least before trying it. Like mentioned, some juices can take weeks to steep and all depends if its a tobacco, creams, custards ect.

Fruits are usually SNV so you are able to vape the juice straight after the first shake but it will get better after around 3 days minimum.

The trick with DIY is, make enough juice so that by the time you start vaping that juice, you have already made more juice that starts to steep so that you always have steeped juice.

Back