Stubborn juice taste

Aydhin

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
so I don’t know if this is the correct place for this thread , but my rda seems pretty dam broken currently ... bought the rda from a mate who stopped vaping (flave sxk clone ) when I got it there was this disgusting xxx musk sweets juice in there , I’ve changed cotton multiple times, hot water rinse , new coils twice , cold water rinse , had it in vodka , scrubbed with sunlight liquid , back in the vodka , back in the sunlight , clean hot water , clean cold water , now it’s in a mixture of sunlight hot water , salt and vinegar ... on every exhale the musk persistently comes through

Take the o-rings off, give it another wash and rewick. Try it then. Silicone o-rings in my experience love clinging to strong flavours.

Something to try:)

If it does sort it out just replace the o-rings.

Edit: Obviously this extends to any o-rings on the drip tip as well assuming you haven't tried your own.

Had the orings off , stripped the rda down as far as I could possibly go

Sucks. Unfortunately the only other thing I can think of is that it seeped inbetween the insulator and the deck. I am nit familiar with the clone so maybe see if you can somehow remove it from the deck and give it a wash.

Otherwise try find someone who can give it a nice shake in an ultrasonic?

so I don’t know if this is the correct place for this thread , but my rda seems pretty dam broken currently ... bought the rda from a mate who stopped vaping (flave sxk clone ) when I got it there was this disgusting xxx musk sweets juice in there , I’ve changed cotton multiple times, hot water rinse , new coils twice , cold water rinse , had it in vodka , scrubbed with sunlight liquid , back in the vodka , back in the sunlight , clean hot water , clean cold water , now it’s in a mixture of sunlight hot water , salt and vinegar ... on every exhale the musk persistently comes through
Best bet is to take the bottom positive pin out. The positive post as well as the insulator will come out and you can then give it a good clean to ensure no juice has seeped between the insulator etc.

Tried to remove the juice well insulator now but it won’t budge, it does flex on the sides though, so I definitely think that musk got in there

Maybe try a few drops of plain bleach in a cup of water and leave it to soak for 24 hours...

I find bleach usually helps. Just give it a good rinse afterwards.

Last edited:
Tried to remove the juice well insulator now but it won’t budge, it does flex on the sides though, so I definitely think that musk got in there
The insulator should slip off. Try dry the atty and slip the insulator off.
Unfortunately, i have never had the clone so I dont know how tight the insulator is on it but it should slip off easily.
Also, be careful to to break it otherwise you wont be able to use the atty.

It has to be the o-rings. Certain flavours will definately seep into the silicone to a point where you will never get rid of it completely.
There is nothing in the metal or glass parts that the flavour can adhere to so I am willing to put money on the o-rings being the problem.

Put some very strong menthol juice in there, that should help with getting rid of the taste.

It has to be the o-rings. Certain flavours will definately seep into the silicone to a point where you will never get rid of it completely.
There is nothing in the metal or glass parts that the flavour can adhere to so I am willing to put money on the o-rings being the problem.

Put some very strong menthol juice in there, that should help with getting rid of the taste.
And plastic, even the most durable ones absorb some.

I would remove the o-rings. Place the atty base in a cup of freshly boiled water and add a tablespoon of lemon concentrate. If you have some baking soda then you can add a half tablespoon of that as well. Let it lie overnight. Replace with brand new o-rings if you have. Hope this helps.

I use what @KZOR suggested in an ultrasonic. Seems to fix all of these issues.

soak it in vodka overnight

Thanks for all ththe replies guys, I’ve changed orings, going to try the lemon juice baking soda thing. I won’t give up this easily

The problem is that I can’t smell the musk anymore on the atty , but it’s there on the exhale , inhales fine

Some flavours can truly cause chaos and can be a big pain for us.

Thanks for starting the thread, some good tips and things to try when all else fails and I am sure more than one person will find this helpful:blush:

soak it in vodka overnight

giphy.gif

I bought a Tank from a forumite and its was STAINED with Raspberry that I could not get out with Bicarb, Hot Water, cold water, 1-2 day soak.
Only thing that ended up working was an overnight soak in Vodka

Bicarb is the answer! But dont leave it TOO long. It reacts with Stainless Steel and causes rusty spots.

has anyone tried the vinegar/ bicarb combination before?

I would remove the o-rings. Place the atty base in a cup of freshly boiled water and add a tablespoon of lemon concentrate. If you have some baking soda then you can add a half tablespoon of that as well. Let it lie overnight. Replace with brand new o-rings if you have. Hope this helps.

On next week's "Kooking with @KZOR "- How to prepare and make "Atty a la King" :p:D

Back