Stuff that happened to you that doesnt deserve a thread

How big is your demon in the garage?

Some offspring of the unfound demons at my place:
I have included a picture of thr pigeons because we are at war with this bird species and they are my nemesis at the moment.
View attachment 104367 View attachment 104368 View attachment 104369 View attachment 104370 View attachment 104371

It is definitely a rain spider that I've got - like the last 2 pics you've sent (not the first one I found on the property though). I aint going anywhere near to take a pic though. Yeah I have an irational fear of arachnids. I could be over exaggerating but Im pretty sure it was at least a metre long and was muttering something in Latin to me :rolleyes: (around 15cm in non-irational-language). How do you cope and still manage to trap the buggers? If it was in my house I could almost guarantee a "gas-leak accident".

I would much rather have a pigeon problem than the odd huntsman roaming around and ready to terrorise innocent folk merely trying to park their vehicles. Wind chimes (the aluminium ones) work really well to deter pigeons, infact anything that reflects light into their general approach direction (foil pans, mirrors etc). Ive not seen any pigeons in our current place at all, but we've got 2 owls living in one of the trees so I assume they intimidate the winged rodents.

It is definitely a rain spider that I've got - like the last 2 pics you've sent (not the first one I found on the property though). I aint going anywhere near to take a pic though. Yeah I have an irational fear of arachnids. I could be over exaggerating but Im pretty sure it was at least a metre long and was muttering something in Latin to me :rolleyes: (around 15cm in non-irational-language). How do you cope and still manage to trap the buggers? If it was in my house I could almost guarantee a "gas-leak accident".

I would much rather have a pigeon problem than the odd huntsman roaming around and ready to terrorise innocent folk merely trying to park their vehicles. Wind chimes (the aluminium ones) work really well to deter pigeons, infact anything that reflects light into their general approach direction (foil pans, mirrors etc). Ive not seen any pigeons in our current place at all, but we've got 2 owls living in one of the trees so I assume they intimidate the winged rodents.
Big tupperware! Like 40x30x25. .. place over spider. Then take a piece of cardboard to cover the top.
Make sure the cardboard is sturdy and for heavens sake do not use newspaper! You do not want an angry Latin spider breaking free in the process of his capture and release!

Big tupperware! Like 40x30x25. .. place over spider. Then take a piece of cardboard to cover the top.
Make sure the cardboard is sturdy and for heavens sake do not use newspaper! You do not want an angry Latin spider breaking free in the process of his capture and release!
Ooooh! The sturdiness is critical! I learnt that the hard way this week. I had someone in my office last week auditing me. We were sitting down and I saw this huge rain spider running across the floor.

She freaks out and runs to the corner of the room. Now I don't like spiders but you know, years of patriarchy and all that so I grab a piece of A4 paper and try scoop him up. The paper folds under his weight and he drops down onto my hand. At this point I lost all credibility and we both went bailing for the door. I was stronger so I got out first!

I then allocated the job of removing the spider from my office to one of my staff!

Damn, and I went to purchase red chalk and candles already to send it back to where it belongs.
Luckily my father is still alive and able, so he will be "coming for supper" either tonight or tomorrow night haha.

Snakes, anyday, but spiders... Nein!

Damn, and I went to purchase red chalk and candles already to send it back to where it belongs.
Luckily my father is still alive and able, so he will be "coming for supper" either tonight or tomorrow night haha.

Snakes, anyday, but spiders... Nein!
The red chalk and candles are always useful.
For times when you need to send the mother in law back from whence she came!

I actually like spiders and will not disturb those sharing my living space. Fascinating creatures. My irrational fear is moths. Put me in a room with a moth and the cheese completely slips of my cracker. Dont know why, I just totally loose it...

Regards

I actually like spiders and will not disturb those sharing my living space. Fascinating creatures. My irrational fear is moths. Put me in a room with a moth and the cheese completely slips of my cracker. Dont know why, I just totally loose it...

Regards

I think my fear developed from being "attacked" by baboon spiders (twice) as a kid. Those fiends jump pretty far and high. I cannot even look at a pic without getting a little uneasy. Christos nearly allowed me to use my medical aid savings with his last pic.

I kinda find moths to be one of the more "cute" insects out there. They are just annoying because they always manage to find their way into the light fittings which makes no sense; because not even rain gets in there.

Well, life got hold of me and I was busy beyond words the last two weeks. And realized today, that I have been vaping for a one year one week and a day, today!

Haven't been very active on the forum lately, life went from 0 - 100 pretty fast in the last 2 months. Got married recently and immigrated to New Zealand in the same month. Been in NZ for a week now, only just got over the jet lag, but enjoying it so far. So far discovered the DIY scene is really bad here compared to SA and they don't have a forum equivalent like Ecigssa. Makes you realise how lucky we are to have this awesome community and platform in RSA.

Haven't been very active on the forum lately, life went from 0 - 100 pretty fast in the last 2 months. Got married recently and immigrated to New Zealand in the same month. Been in NZ for a week now, only just got over the jet lag, but enjoying it so far. So far discovered the DIY scene is really bad here compared to SA and they don't have a forum equivalent like Ecigssa. Makes you realise how lucky we are to have this awesome community and platform in RSA.

Everything of the best for your stay in NZ bro.

At least getting your gear wont be as painful, im assuming (China is a hop and a skip away). So Fasttech might actually just live up to their name (no more SAPO!)

All the best for you there @Effjh - thanks for letting us know
Do pop in from time to time and keep us updated
And we want to see pics of NZ when you get a chance

At least getting your gear wont be as painful, im assuming (China is a hop and a skip away). So Fasttech might actually just live up to their name (no more SAPO!)

Thanks man. Yeah FT delivery times will be much quicker and public services actually work here so don't forsee the same struggles as dealing with SAPO. The vaping scene in general is pretty good too (except for DIY), it is the "Land of the long white cloud" after all.

And we want to see pics of NZ when you get a chance

Im not a morning person at all, but due to jet lag, been waking up at 4-5am every morning and decided might as well go see the first sun rise in the world. NZ is further East than Japan so it is more deserving of the "Land of the rising sun" title. This is from Narrow Neck beach, 2 mins from where we live.

20953383_10155570778431953_4085270668166896966_n.jpg 20993078_10155570778481953_162980364999464097_n.jpg 20901667_10155570778186953_5348252771771996273_o.jpg

Two rounds of Golf today. Was raining during the first round, greens were slow and very forgiving. A good approach almost secured a birdie put. Cleared up by the second round and a gale force wind set in. With the greens now dry and fast, and the possibility of a good approach shot "gone with the wind", things got a bit tougher. Double bogey on the third hole undermined confidence and the next fifteen holes were a mind-game of note.

All in all a good day on the couch.

golf day.jpg

If only...

I have been mustering the courage for this one for a week now...

Here goes nothing:
The other day I quickly whipped up a light fruity mix for the day.
Driving to work, I put the bottle by the airvent to heat the mix a little for a lekker shake.
So here I am, sitting in JHB traffic shaking my mixture.
As I look up I see the piercing stare of the lady in the car in front of me in her rearview mirror, it took me about 20 seconds to realise why she gave me this kak death stare.
Then it hit me... She must have thought I was "rubbing one out"!

I have never felt that guilty in my life.

To make matters worse, I lifted my hand and gestured "sorry" (I don't know why I did that) as if that would have changed the climate of the "encounter in any way. Oh and I was stuck behind her in said JHB traffic.

The life of a vaper eh?

I have been mustering the courage for this one for a week now...

Here goes nothing:
The other day I quickly whipped up a light fruity mix for the day.
Driving to work, I put the bottle by the airvent to heat the mix a little for a lekker shake.
So here I am, sitting in JHB traffic shaking my mixture.
As I look up I see the piercing stare of the lady in the car in front of me in her rearview mirror, it took me about 20 seconds to realise why she gave me this kak death stare.
Then it hit me... She must have thought I was "rubbing one out"!

I have never felt that guilty in my life.

To make matters worse, I lifted my hand and gestured "sorry" (I don't know why I did that) as if that would have changed the climate of the "encounter in any way. Oh and I was stuck behind her in said JHB traffic.

The life of a vaper eh?
You went through all that guilt... Hopefully you "rubbed one out" to make up for the guilt :D

I'm getting new neighbors. They are officially moving in tomorrow (I assume) but have spent yesterday and today cleaning an painting and so forth. Did notice today that at least one adult is a vaper! Awesome! the neighborhood is improving.

Regards

I made a note this week while driving to work in the morning, more like being stuck in traffic to work, of the number of people vaping in traffic. Must say it is easy to spot the difference between a smoke and vapour cloud in the morning.

Think it was Tuesday it started with the car at the robot massive cloud out the window, then one or two cars behind him ... same thing for about 5 cars until it was my turn.

I made a note this week while driving to work in the morning, more like being stuck in traffic to work, of the number of people vaping in traffic. Must say it is easy to spot the difference between a smoke and vapour cloud in the morning.

Think it was Tuesday it started with the car at the robot massive cloud out the window, then one or two cars behind him ... same thing for about 5 cars until it was my turn.

I'm also noticing a significant increase during the morning school run.

So just an update, took exactly 5 working days since placing an order on Fasttech to finding the package on my door step - They do that here, they leave packages on your doorstep and that's where it stays until you pick it up.. :eek:

tumblr_nulehxtlZe1qh07vio1_400.gif

Back