Stuff that happened to you that doesnt deserve a thread

Anyway , stuff that happened was, with these lightning storms my solar battery charging system was taken out. I have a 50 w solar panel on the roof of my carport, feeding a solar controller and then down to my Pajero (Gen 3 oldie but goodie, used for holidays). Pajtu has a crank battery and a aux battery to drive the fridge. It can stand a month or more sometimes so these batteries must be kept topped up.

So yesterday was fault finding. It was either the diodes in the solar panel or the controller itself. I was getting volts from the panel so it had to be the controller. Stripped it off the system and opened it up. There is a fuse in there that was not blown, so it had to be the pc board and I am no good with them. Luckily we have a china shop close by that has cheap PWM controllers that are perfect for the job. Few hundred bucks later and we are good to go again.

or put a bypass system with two valves in to either have the non return active or the free-flow active depending on the season...
think-use-your-head.gif

Beware the 22 gauge... Not the best way to count coils :rolleyes:

IMG_20211203_185644.jpg

On the story of pools, how do you get air out of the system. I have solar panels that drain when the pump goes off. That must let air in ? Sometimes when it goes off I get air coming out of the inlet.
If the pool solar was installed correctly there should be a "blow off valve" on one of the solar lines that allows the air to escape as the lines fill again..
Air coming out your return when your system starts and you have solar is nothing to worry about, it will stop after a minute or two.
If you have air bubbles coming out the return all the time, then there is another issue...
PM me if you'd like to chat about your pool or any issues you may be having with it and I will help you identify the issue and help resolve it.
Any pool related issues, questions etc.. send me a pm and we can chat

That's easy ... put an anti-drain valve, (one way valve), on the feed pipe going to your roof from the pump.
A non return valve on the feed line will stop the pressure of the water from spinning your pumps impeller backwards when the system shuts off, however the the solar will still drain as the NRV is on the feed line, so everything after simply drains out through the return

On the story of pools, how do you get air out of the system. I have solar panels that drain when the pump goes off. That must let air in ? Sometimes when it goes off I get air coming out of the inlet.
What's wrong with air in the system?

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

What's wrong with air in the system?

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
Air in the system/constant air coming out the return are symptoms of an underlying isaue.
The system as a whole is a "closed" system and after starting and expelling any air that may be in the system after starting is normal, but the air should stop after a few minutes, if it doesnt then theres other things that need to be checked to determine which one is the cause.
Constant air coming from the return indicates a problem and ultimately can result in your pump running dry and burning out

Had to run the dishwasher again today. Seems the maggots, ants, flies and roaches are just not doing it for me anymore.

Regards

Last edited:
Had to run the dishwasher again today. Seems the maggots, ants, flies and roaches are just not doing it for me anymore.

Regards

If you can't even trust the maggots to clear the old food of the plates, the ants to wash the dishes, the flies to dry it and the roaches to pack it away... who can you trust these days?! In the dishwasher it must go then!

Just realized that I clocked my argus gt's puff counter. This is the highest photo takenIMG_20211118_082939.jpg
And this is now... IMG_20211215_214546.jpg
Does it clock at 60k or 65k?
It's about a month ago that it was on 53k...
Or was it an accidental reset? :facepalm:

Got stung on the back of the head by one of these MOFO's yesterday... found a nest with about 8 of them under one of my palm tree leaves. I don't wish the pain this thing inflicts on anyone!

20211229_161054.jpg

Back