Subtank coils

Lushen

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Ok, here is my dilemma

I have an ego one and want to use my sub tank nano on the ego one battery. It looks so much cooler and I can see the juice

No matter how I remake the stock Kanger coils, I'm getting burnt hits after 2-3 hits.

Tried 24, 26 and 28 gauge varying from 0.5ohm's to 0.8ohm's.

Could it possibly be that I make bad coils or the ego battery voltage is too high?

Using the sub tank nano with the same coils on my iStick at 3.7V and it's perfect hits every time.

Any suggestions on what to use to make the coils so it works on the ego one battery?

Last edited:
Oh yes, the most important thing...
I wicked with Jap cotton, and tried everything from lots of cotton to a little cotton.

It's the same cotton I use in my RBA in the subtank mini and it works perfectly.

@Lushen, the place is not the problem I think, the problem is we are stumped. I am, at least.

I can think of no reason (other than those you have speculated on) why the Nano gives you burnt hits on the Ego. Maybe the power on the Ego is so modulated that the wicking in the Nano cannot keep up, but then you should have the same problem at high Watts on your iStick.

The problem is your wicking for sure. Make sure that the cotton is pushed just inside the holes of the OCC coil. If it is not and cut off at the outside you will get dry hits, because the juice can't get through. don't do it the way Rip Trippers shows on youtube, it will never work that way and will always give dry hits.

Thanks @Andre, appreciate the feedback. I just thought that maybe I am not thinking of something.
High watts on the iStick does give me a burnt taste, so now that I think about it, @Twsiper is onto something.

I have always built the Rip Trippers way and don't push the cotton inside. Now I wish I brought all my stuff to work so that I can try this method of wicking :)

Thanks you guys, I have hope now and there is definitely one thing I did not try with wicking (put the d@mn cotton inside).

Do it this way and you will never look back again, I had exactly the same problem, all gone now.....

Hi @Twisper is correct i gently stuff my jap cotton back through the holes on the occ after trying Rip's way first which ended up in dry hits. My subtank nano was all good on the ego one battery after changing. I ended up getting an Istick 30 though as i got the zig with a great vape for the first half of the battery and then a bit naff for the rest.

See below from Joyetech Site

The eGo-ONE features a direct-output battery with protective circuit module, so its output voltage/wattage is not constant, they will reduce as the battery power decreases. The probable range of output voltage is: 3.2V-3.8V. And the range of output wattage is 20W-30W(0.5ohm head); 10W-15W(1.0ohm).

Just a note to say Thank You @Twisper and @deepest

All I did was tuck in the wick to the little holes and the coils work perfectly. Who would have thought that cotton sticking out of the little hole would cause dry hits :-(

I now have the perfect stealth vaper when running around between meetings at work :)

Just a note to say Thank You @Twisper and @deepest

All I did was tuck in the wick to the little holes and the coils work perfectly. Who would have thought that cotton sticking out of the little hole would cause dry hits :-(

I now have the perfect stealth vaper when running around between meetings at work :)

No problem man, glad you are sorted......nothing as bad as dry hits...

Back