Subtank Mini coil talk

Flavour is pretty good, havent had any dry hits as yet. Loving all the different builds one can do on a subbie ;)

Flavour is pretty good, havent had any dry hits as yet. Loving all the different builds one can do on a subbie ;)
I think I'm going try this build on the weekend. Currently enjoying the flavour from claptons in the STM running at 0.7.

The subtank mini is a great dependable tank.

Easy to coil and very easy to wick.

Have never had a problem. Flavour is good. Although it's not as sharp for me as the Lemo1 it's ease of use makes up for it.

Tonight I made a simple 8 wrap 28g Kanthal coil around 2mm. Came out at 1.3 ohms.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462301928.617457.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462301941.117375.jpg

Firing nicely

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462301962.784736.jpg

The vape is great. What a pleasure. Lovely crackle.

Did a 8 wrap this time versus a 7 wrap as my standard.

This kind of coil is a great economical workhorse vape at around 12-13 Watts.

Lovely.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462302302.513769.jpg

I strongly recommend that those wanting to get into rebuildables for the first time consider the Subtank Mini. The latest version with top fill is called the Toptank Mini.

I strongly recommend that those wanting to get into rebuildables for the first time consider the Subtank Mini. The latest version with top fill is called the Toptank Mini.

I cant disagree with anything you have said above @Silver. I have a Crius, Velocity RDA, Theorem RTA and the Subtank with RBA is still my daily runner at work. It is just such a simple tank with very good flavour and no leaking. A year later and I still love it.

Easy to coil and very easy to wick.

Have never had a problem. Flavour is good. Although it's not as sharp for me as the Lemo1 it's ease of use makes up for it.

Tonight I made a simple 8 wrap 28g Kanthal coil around 2mm. Came out at 1.3 ohms.

View attachment 53157 View attachment 53158

Firing nicely

View attachment 53159

The vape is great. What a pleasure. Lovely crackle.

Did a 8 wrap this time versus a 7 wrap as my standard.

This kind of coil is a great economical workhorse vape at around 12-13 Watts.

Lovely.

View attachment 53160

Hey @Silver, refreshing to see someone building "sensible" coils when the fashion seems to be for extremely low resistance builds. Love my subbies too, just out of interest what VG/PG liquids are you using with that build? Thanks mate

Agree with you 100% @Silver ! A 2mm ID, 26g 7 wrap on my subtank is my absolute favourite vape! Keeps the costs down, but oodles of flavour! I haven't tried 28 yet, will give it a go some time.

Hey @Silver, refreshing to see someone building "sensible" coils when the fashion seems to be for extremely low resistance builds. Love my subbies too, just out of interest what VG/PG liquids are you using with that build? Thanks mate

Thanks @Neal
The juice in there is my "Strawberry Ice" mix, which is basically VM Strawberry 18mg with some added PG/VG 50/50 and some menthol drops. I would estimate the final mix at about 55-60% PG. Not a thick mix at all.

Agree with you 100% @Silver ! A 2mm ID, 26g 7 wrap on my subtank is my absolute favourite vape! Keeps the costs down, but oodles of flavour! I haven't tried 28 yet, will give it a go some time.

Thanks @Stosta
I have not actually tried the 26g in the SubTank Mini yet. I have stuck to 28g.

I did extensive testing in the Lemo1 with various gauges and settled on 28g for more crispness.
My Lemo1 is 100% dedicated to one juice only - "Strawberry Ice"

I have been running this same juice side by side in the SubTank Mini for a few months now - and have just stuck to 28g. Incidentally, the SubTank Mini is not as sharp or as crisp as the Lemo1. It's a bit more "rounded".

I think if you try the 28g I suspect it will be crisper - which may or may not work for you, depending on the juice and your preference.

Thanks @Stosta
I have not actually tried the 26g in the SubTank Mini yet. I have stuck to 28g.

I did extensive testing in the Lemo1 with various gauges and settled on 28g for more crispness.
My Lemo1 is 100% dedicated to one juice only - "Strawberry Ice"

I have been running this same juice side by side in the SubTank Mini for a few months now - and have just stuck to 28g. Incidentally, the SubTank Mini is not as sharp or as crisp as the Lemo1. It's a bit more "rounded".

I think if you try the 28g I suspect it will be crisper - which may or may not work for you, depending on the juice and your preference.
Thanks for the info @Silver . My Subtank is specifically for XXX, which by itself provides me with enough "crisp" on its own. Will still get around to comparing wires down the road, but so many other projects till then!

Thanks for the info @Silver . My Subtank is specifically for XXX, which by itself provides me with enough "crisp" on its own. Will still get around to comparing wires down the road, but so many other projects till then!

I sometimes add a little bit of XXX directly into tank when filling with the Strawberry Ice mix
Lovely juice that.

Back