Subtank Mini coil talk

PeterHarris

- = NINJA = -
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
so i have been using the 0.5ohm coils for me and my wife's subtank for some time now.
the coils used to last 2 to 3 weeks, but recently after a week i am starting to get kak flavour and even restricted airflow.
at R50 a coil changing them every week is getting a bit expensive.

now i saw you can buy 20 pre wrapped coils for R140. 0.5ohm.
is this a good idea, as im not really in the mood for wrapping and the plus side would be that all coils are perfectly wrapped and consistent every time.

by the look of it they seem 2.5mm ID and 5/6 wraps.
whats your thoughts on this.

so i have been using the 0.5ohm coils for me and my wife's subtank for some time now.
the coils used to last 2 to 3 weeks, but recently after a week i am starting to get kak flavour and even restricted airflow.

is this a good idea, as im not really in the mood for wrapping and the plus side would be that all coils are perfectly wrapped and consistent every time.

I looked at those for a while too before I started rebuilding. I would totally go for it if I were you. Before you know it you'll pick up how easy it is to just do it yourself and you'll go one step further.

I looked at those for a while too before I started rebuilding. I would totally go for it if I were you. Before you know it you'll pick up how easy it is to just do it yourself and you'll go one step further.
i know how easy it is, i have wrapped hundreds of coils in the past - im just over it...

im not lazy, i still have to fit the coil, wick it ect hahahahah

remember i used to just use comercial coils, so this is a step up.... i a bit over wrapping coils... haha
Hahaha but you have so many years of wrapping behind you - it should be a breeze. Take 10 mins a day and wrap a few coils and stock pile.

Finding the same problem with eleaf Ni coils... had one feel like it went in 3 tanks that means fresh one gone since breakfast. Restricted airflow too. Very odd.

i know how easy it is, i have wrapped hundreds of coils in the past - im just over it...

I should have picked that up with your post count! I agree with @Dubz here, it would take you 10 minutes and half the price to set yourself up for the month!

You okes are all wrong. It's not the post count - it's that 'Coil Master' medal awarded in June 2014 that says he's still a noob :D

Just doo eeet ! You know you want to, anyway ;)

Wow! Surely he will lose his medal if he buys PREROLLED coils! :rofl:

Ok Boys and Gilrs...
need your advice on the best way to wick the v2 RBA base for the subtank mini.
i dont want to do the Scottish role.
with my current wicking it tends to get dry and i have to hold the air holes closed and suck, to force the juice in.
and then sometimes the wick moves, and it leaks through the base.

so im looking for a balance that is not too much so it wont wick, and not too little that it will leak.

pictures will be appreciated.

fanks :)

Ok Boys and Gilrs...
need your advice on the best way to wick the v2 RBA base for the subtank mini.
i dont want to do the Scottish role.
with my current wicking it tends to get dry and i have to hold the air holes closed and suck, to force the juice in.
and then sometimes the wick moves, and it leaks through the base.

so im looking for a balance that is not too much so it wont wick, and not too little that it will leak.

pictures will be appreciated.

fanks :)
I use pancake style wicking and it works perfect all the time.

Have you been using the new Claptons? I am very happy with them. Well thus far I have used 3 and no duds and also none of the early burn out and dry hits and reduced air flow of the old cubic ones.

I really hope I havent just had a lucky run with them... it is my all-day tank I take around with me would suck to start running into trouble using it.

Have you been using the new Claptons? I am very happy with them. Well thus far I have used 3 and no duds and also none of the early burn out and dry hits and reduced air flow of the old cubic ones.

I really hope I havent just had a lucky run with them... it is my all-day tank I take around with me would suck to start running into trouble using it.
no, i am using the rebuildable base :)

Attachments

• 20160205_110741-1.jpg
    20160205_110741-1.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20160216_073856-1.jpg
    20160216_073856-1.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 49
Just made a 3mm 6 wrap clapton build for my subbie, .7ohm and its kicking ass on my vtc mini @ 26w. Wicked flavour, new to clapton wire and loving it!!!20160401_071844-1_fact_2.jpg 20160401_071826-1.jpg

Horizontal subtank build... not the cleanest build ever, but working pretty good.
20160414_105104-1.jpg 20160414_105056-1.jpg 20160414_105535-1.jpg 20160414_110129-1.jpg

Back