Coil Recommendations

Spunk3yMunk3y

☾⫷≾❸➂⋟⫸☽
LV

Awards
Hi Experts!

I have been looking for 3 specific builds for a long time but can never find any good info.

I have a Kangertech DripBox 160w with an Aura RDA (with the Squonk pin), I'm looking for a nice build to throw in there (either premade coils or self made). Im currently vaping ry4sure in this (3mg) but the flavour seems to die out after a day, and has a somewhat metallic taste, i wrapped these 2.5mm ID coils using some unknown wire a gent gave me at a vape shop some moons ago, i think its Ni80 as my mod allows me to use the NI TC mode with these coils, ss, nicr modes dont work.

And a Twisp Vega with an MD MTL RTA, I'm looking for
1. A +Ohm build for Salt Nic, is this possible? A lot of the guys from the vape shops tell me this isnt doable and that i should buy a pod system. I have tried making a coil and it was like vaping the devils underwear, harsh as hell... i have white collar MTL claptons but im scared to build it because im not sure if they are suitable for this haha
2. An MTL build with really good flavour

Look forward to chatting with you guys and hearing your recommendations!

Thanks so much Puff will keep this in mind very informative as well :D
Definitely lift the coil, it's actually killing your flavour when it's so low, and lastly try another juice. It's very possible that the juice you have isn't to your liking, there are some juices people rave about and I cannot taste a damn thing on that juice.

Definitely lift the coil, it's actually killing your flavour when it's so low, and lastly try another juice. It's very possible that the juice you have isn't to your liking, there are some juices people rave about and I cannot taste a damn thing on that juice.
I'm gonna lift and space the coil in a few mins from now and will Chuck some ry4sure in instead of this stuff. The flavour is really muted even with a drop taste so I honestly think the maker of this juice isn't putting the right %age of flavour ah well I guess I have another one to add to the PIF box. Sucks because I don't really have much disposable income since my wife left her job. Ah well live and learn right haha

@Intuthu Kagesi you convinced me to try again...View attachment 249016 View attachment 249017

This juice is Kak I think haha no flavour at all very disappointed tbh I'm hoping to figure this MTL thing out at I love a good flavourful vape.
Pic doesn't show nicely but the coil is as low as I can get it without touching the base and I made sure to remove all hotspots, heating from the inside out etc. On a side note the throat hit is manageable and not too harsh at all. I was a pall mall Reds smoker almost pack a day. Am I forever doomed to a suboptimal MTL vape guys?? Haha :DUMBLOL:

I have an 18mg version of that juice and do not like it...

How does it taste for you? For me... Like nothing pretty much maybe a slight nutty flavour but yeah

DL it is sweet, overpoweringly so.
It leaves a sweet residue on my tongue and the back of my throat, feels like I have been chewing on a canderel sweetener.

MTL, like nothing, just sweet aftertaste.

@ivc_mixer said he would make me something to mix it into to fix it so will be doing that soon.

Last edited:
DL it is sweet, overpoweringly so.
It leaves a sweet residue on my tongue and the back of my throat, feels like I have been chewing on a canderel sweetener.

MTL, like nothing, just sweet aftertaste.

@ivc_mixer said he would make me something to mix it into to fix it so will be doing that soon.
You're in for a treat :campeon: ... this man's juices are amazing, however they come with a warning :campeon2: ... Get yourself some spare drip tips, as you'll be chewing on them :giggle:

You're in for a treat :campeon: ... this man's juices are amazing, however they come with a warning :campeon2: ... Get yourself some spare drip tips, as you'll be chewing on them :giggle:
Hahaha I am going to place an order very very soon... Mrs Munk3y won't be too chuffed as I wanna buy a new squonker as well... But all is fair in love and war as they say haha

Last edited:
@Spunk3yMunk3y did you manage to come right? :)
Hey @Rivera,
@DarthBranMuffin pointed me in the direction of a miracle man some may know as @charln
He helped me out with some coils which I didn't expect and I almost didn't PM him out of respect as I wasn't sure how to even approach him! (I'm a shy guy)
I am busy hitting on an MTaLien and let's just say I'm gonna make myself nicsick before the day is through haha
Just wanna say thanks to all in this thread for being super awesome @Intuthu Kagesi @Puff the Magic Dragon @Munro31 @Stranger and I can't be more thankful I really appreciate everyone and sorry if I forgot to commend anyone here.

Biiiig ups to Mr @charln I have experienced the most kindness I've ever had from a group of not-so-strangers on this forum and I love u all :)
IMG_20220127_091347.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @Rivera,
@DarthBranMuffin pointed me in the direction of a miracle man some may know as @charln
He helped me out with some coils which I didn't expect and I almost didn't PM him out of respect as I wasn't sure how to even approach him! (I'm a shy guy)
I am busy hitting on an MTaLien and let's just say I'm gonna make myself nicsick before the day is through haha
Just wanna say thanks to all in this thread for being super awesome @Intuthu Kagesi @Puff the Magic Dragon @Munro31 and I can't be more thankful I really appreciate everyone and sorry if I forgot to commend anyone here.

Biiiig ups to Mr @charln I have experienced the most kindness I've ever had from a group of not-so-strangers on this forum and I love u all :)
View attachment 249179

This is so awesome!!!!! Happy for you dude, yay! Enjoy :)

PS Give your bearded dragon lots of cuddles, I love them! Used to have one :)

Hey @Rivera,
Just wanna say thanks to all in this thread for being super awesome @Intuthu Kagesi @Puff the Magic Dragon @Munro31 @Stranger and I can't be more thankful I really appreciate everyone and sorry if I forgot to commend anyone here.

View attachment 249179
Love the dragon!

@Intuthu Kagesi you convinced me to try again...View attachment 249016 View attachment 249017

This juice is Kak I think haha no flavour at all very disappointed tbh I'm hoping to figure this MTL thing out at I love a good flavourful vape.
Pic doesn't show nicely but the coil is as low as I can get it without touching the base and I made sure to remove all hotspots, heating from the inside out etc. On a side note the throat hit is manageable and not too harsh at all. I was a pall mall Reds smoker almost pack a day. Am I forever doomed to a suboptimal MTL vape guys?? Haha :DUMBLOL:
Just thought I would mention @ivc_mixer made my juice really good, I'm vaping it right now and getting the toffee flavour in a very pleasant manner.

He fixed the super sweet insanity I was experiencing and now it's quite pleasant.

Just thought I would mention @ivc_mixer made my juice really good, I'm vaping it right now and getting the toffee flavour in a very pleasant manner.

He fixed the super sweet insanity I was experiencing and now it's quite pleasant.
I ordered from him and am extremely pleased with his juices, he's an excellent guy and an amazing mixologist @ivc_mixer

Back