SUBVOD mega TC tanks

Chewwybukka

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
I've got a SUBVOD mega TC kit which comes fitted with a Toptank mini. I was wondering if this is replacable with a different tank? The Toptank mini leaks a lot through the airvents and I'd like to try other tanks if it's possible. Still new to all of this so apologies if my questions are a bit silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a SUBVOD mega TC kit which comes fitted with a Toptank mini. I was wondering if this is replacable with a different tank? The Toptank mini leaks a lot through the airvents and I'd like to try other tanks if it's possible. Still new to all of this so apologies if my questions are a bit silly

Yeah you can totally change the tank on it! Just make sure whatever coil is in your other tank would be a similar resistance to what you would normally use in the Toptank.

Awesome to hear! Any suggestions? I don't have knowledge of rebuildable coils yet and would want to leave that until I buy a proper mod. So something similar to the toptank mini where I can just buy 0.5 or 0.1 ohm coils.

You just gotta make sure you get a tank that the mod can power. Maybe post some of the tanks you had in mind

I'm honestly not sure at all. Like I said I'm still very new to all of this. The mod has a 2300mAh battery if that helps at all?

Hi @Chewwybukka , I have the Subvod TC Kit as well, mainly used as travel device and at work, it should not leak and I havent had the same experience. I would rather suggest that you take the Subvod to the guys at Sir Vape and have them check it out. If you do deside to put on another tank, bear in mind that (according to instruction on box) the subvod TC does not have a voltage/ wattage adjustment and is made to optimally work on 0.5ohm power/wattage mode and 0.1 ohm TC Mode.

Thanks @acorn I've been doing some research and it does look like a common problem with these tanks. Loads of people are moaning of their tanks leaking when they lie them down. But yes, I think I'll head through to Sir Vape and get their opinion as well. Thanks!

Thanks @acorn I've been doing some research and it does look like a common problem with these tanks. Loads of people are moaning of their tanks leaking when they lie them down. But yes, I think I'll head through to Sir Vape and get their opinion as well. Thanks!

Yeah I do agree with @acorn here, to be honest, if anything I would recommend the Toptank to you! I haven't found anything myself that would replace my Subtank.

No expert on this particular tank but if its juice leaking through air vents then its due to overspill into the main tube (the right word escapes me) possible from over filling .. just do not fill to the brim..

No expert on this particular tank but if its juice leaking through air vents then its due to overspill into the main tube (the right word escapes me) possible from over filling .. just do not fill to the brim..

I've only been filling the tank just over half because I was afraid to overfill from the word go, so I don't think that's it :)

The toptank can also leak through the air vents if the coil head is not sealing properly, are you using the RBA deck or a stock coil? If a stock coil just try tighten it a little more, if the RBA check the small washer at the deck head. Since it's already leaked, you may have to wipe inside of the tank base, can be done with tweezers and a ball of cotton, or an ear bud.

The toptank can also leak through the air vents if the coil head is not sealing properly, are you using the RBA deck or a stock coil? If a stock coil just try tighten it a little more, if the RBA check the small washer at the deck head. Since it's already leaked, you may have to wipe inside of the tank base, can be done with tweezers and a ball of cotton, or an ear bud.

I'm using the the stock coil, I've even switched out the coil with a different brand new one and tightened it even more. It's fine if it stands upright, but as soon as I lay it down on it's side it starts leaking. I'll try cleaning out the tank base even more. Sigh. I actually think I should just go back to Sir Vape and hear what they say, maybe the tank has a manufacturing defect.

My suggestion would be to get a Cubis tank - it doesn't leak even when it is lying down.

All my Kanger tanks leak to a greater or lesser amount when they are laid down.
Dave

Last edited:
Back