Suggest A Recipe

Pindyman

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
It is inherently part of man to want more than they actually require and in the case of Mixing I am pretty sure that I am not alone in this. After spending some time sorting my concentrate collection, I came across a few flavours that seemed like a good idea at the time but are now sadly forgotten at the bottom of the pile. This thread is dedicated to those obscure, strange and unused concentrates that every mixer has in their collection gathering dust.

So my fellow diyer's, its time to pull out the box and dust off those sad forgotten little bottles and share them here with the hope that our fellow mixers can shed some light combination or use for those concentrates that have stumped us....

So lets kick it off with my list...

FW Cookie Butter
CAP Juicy Peach
CAP Hibiscus
FW Salted Caramel
TFA Kettle Corn
TFA Cantaloupe
INW Chocolate Cream
FA Café Coffee
CAP Chocolate fudge brownie
CAP Waffle
FW Reggae Nights
TFA Banana Ripe
FW Hawaiian Limenade
FW Jungle Juice
TFA Lemon Lime 2
TFA Pecan

Suggestions are welcome and actually encouraged and don't be shy to post those flavours that you have no idea what to do with...

Thanks ill give it a go...did you manage to try it with TFA sweet cream as I have both TFA and CAP sweet cream
No, I have not, but the original recipe uses TFA Sweet Cream and is quite popular. Also, if you like sweeter, use the original recipe's FA Vienna Cream in place of the FA Fresh Cream.

No, I have not, but the original recipe uses TFA Sweet Cream and is quite popular. Also, if you like sweeter, use the original recipe's FA Vienna Cream in place of the FA Fresh Cream.
Even though I have Vienna Cream I think I will pass...should be more than sweet enough with the salted caramel..ill give it a bash with TFA sweet cream and let you know...

A juice I enjoy with CAP Juicy Peach is this one.
I was contemplating something similar to that but instead of the double apple was going to try for a combo of watermelon and mango to go with the peach and strawberry..

Here's my list:
Bilberry flavor FA
Butterscotch Ripple FW (I just cannot seem to get this one right)
Irish Cream CAP
Sour FW (is it just me, or does any recipe with this in need to steep for like 3 months or so?)
Sweet & Sour Inawera
Sweet & Tart TFA
US Red Mix Inawera

FA Café Coffee
FW Reggae Nights

I think those are the other way around. FW does the Café Coffee and FA the Reggae Night.

Wayne has a recipe using FW Cookie Butter
Shyndo's The Pink is recommended for Cap Hibiscus
Wayne again for TFA Kettle Corn
Monster Melons for TFA Cantaloupe
Vurve's acclaimed Watermelon Crack for FW Jungle Juice. Or, for something simpler but doubtless weirder, you could always count on Philosaphucker.
VaporVixen has an interesting looking Grasshopper Cupcake with Inw Chocolate Cream.

Extremely popular is the Monster Melons clone here. It uses TFA Cantaloupe. Variations from our members here and here.
Unfortunately I am not a fan of monster melon which is why I am sitting with cantaloupe and papaya still after about a year lol....

I think those are the other way around. FW does the Café Coffee and FA the Reggae Night.

you could be right...difficult to keep track with all the bottles laying around me lol thanks for the correction

Here's my list:
Bilberry flavor FA
Irish Cream CAP
Sour FW (is it just me, or does any recipe with this in need to steep for like 3 months or so?)
Sweet & Sour Inawera
Sweet & Tart TFA
US Red Mix Inawera
Ahh...pair billberry with FW blueberry and TFA blueberry extra for the perfect blueberry taste...

TFA Blueberry Extra 3%
FW Blueberry 2%
FA Bilberry 0.5%

Remember with Bilberry, less is definitely more....

Some of my, ahem, 'less frequently used' concentrates:
FA Dark Bean, Cappuccino, Tiramisu, Chocolate, Cocoa: coffees and chocolates, say no more
Cly Cerelac and Malt: not sure what I was thinking here
FW Pralines & Cream: not a bad flavour per se but hard to find recipes for it
FW Candy Cane: sorta like FA Dark Bean. Even if you put 0.1% in a recipe, it taints everything else with its unmistakable flavour.
FA Melon Cantaloupe: again, not a bad flavour but Cap is used far more by recipe developers
FA Labyrinth, Metaphor, Morning Sun, Hypnotic Mist: the promise of a recipe in a bottle. It isn't. Although, on the bright side, a couple of recipe developers seem to be trying these out again.
Various Inw tobaccos: don't try finding recipes for these. I guess one can just vape them standalone or with minor additions like Black Fire or Milk & Honey. Not awful but I won't be restocking them.
TFA Smooth and Ethyl Maltol: sounded useful at the time
NF Ginger: gingerbread and ginger biscuits I like. Overpowering raw chopped fresh ginger... not so much.
FA Anise and Cardamom: there are one or two recipes for them but definitely not something I'll be restocking.

Some of my, ahem, 'less frequently used' concentrates:
FA Dark Bean, Cappuccino, Tiramisu, Chocolate, Cocoa: coffees and chocolates, say no more
Cly Cerelac and Malt: not sure what I was thinking here
FW Pralines & Cream: not a bad flavour per se but hard to find recipes for it
FW Candy Cane: sorta like FA Dark Bean. Even if you put 0.1% in a recipe, it taints everything else with its unmistakable flavour.
FA Melon Cantaloupe: again, not a bad flavour but Cap is used far more by recipe developers
FA Labyrinth, Metaphor, Morning Sun, Hypnotic Mist: the promise of a recipe in a bottle. It isn't. Although, on the bright side, a couple of recipe developers seem to be trying these out again.
Various Inw tobaccos: don't try finding recipes for these. I guess one can just vape them standalone or with minor additions like Black Fire or Milk & Honey. Not awful but I won't be restocking them.
TFA Smooth and Ethyl Maltol: sounded useful at the time
NF Ginger: gingerbread and ginger biscuits I like. Overpowering raw chopped fresh ginger... not so much.
FA Anise and Cardamom: there are one or two recipes for them but definitely not something I'll be restocking.

Wait...cerelac...as in the baby food...really wow I would never hav thought lol

im glad to see I am not the only one struggling with Dark Bean...even though its so highly rated

Here's my list:
Bilberry flavor FA
Irish Cream CAP
Sweet & Sour Inawera
Sweet & Tart TFA
US Red Mix Inawera
FW Butterscotch Ripple is one of my favourites, here are a few good uses for it:
Apple-Bacco
Rusty Pelican
Butterscotch Cupcake (I'm still steeping this one, but it looks good on paper)

I'm usually not into schadenfreude, but I'm loving this thread. I've got two or three from each of your listed rejections. @Pindyman I mercy killed the CAP fudge brownie a couple of days ago. Via a sink pour. And @RichJB that NF Ginger is truly horrible.

I'm always fascinated about my tendency to hang onto these concentrates as if they were far more precious than the R50 they cost. I think the problem is that I see concentrates as pure potentiality and my inability to get anything out them as a creative failure on my behalf.

Here's my list:
Bilberry flavor FA
Irish Cream CAP
Sweet & Sour Inawera
Sweet & Tart TFA
US Red Mix Inawera

Another interesting recipe using butterscotch ripple

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/52701

I'm usually not into schadenfreude, but I'm loving this thread. I've got two or three from each of your listed rejections. @Pindyman I mercy killed the CAP fudge brownie a couple of days ago. Via a sink pour. And @RichJB that NF Ginger is truly horrible.

I'm always fascinated about my tendency to hang onto these concentrates as if they were far more precious than the R50 they cost. I think the problem is that I see concentrates as pure potentiality and my inability to get anything out them as a creative failure on my behalf.

That's the reason I made this thread really...I just found a bottle of TFA Peanut butter DX that is probably 2 years old and only has less than 0.5ml used from it lol...

I'll raise my TFA Taro to your NF Ginger.
Lol. Oh my word, that TFA Taro is surely not my taste. I tasted one and have not been able to scrounge up the courage to try the other three I mixed.

Back