Support period from vendors

is this a reasonable request?

• Total voters
I had this issue with the Pico kit I started with. The kit with the melo III mini tank comes with no spare glass and I broke the glass in the first few weeks that I had it. None of the vendors at that stage had spare glass for the tank even though the kit was being sold by the fistful.

I ended up getting an iJust tank for the Pico just to continue vaping till a few weeks later I was able to get a spare glass from a vendor in Pretoria. Surely if dozens of this device are flying off the shelves it isn't too much of an ask to have a few spare glasses brought in. I have seen requests for this glass countless times in The Who has stock forum as well as the classifieds section.

Same issue with the avo22, I think there is one vendor who stocks the glass and is constantly sold out cause they fly off the shelves as soon as they get stock.

Guys and Dolls, following some pretty good arguments here I had to change my vote in support of the keeping of stock. My initial thoughts were that for vendors to keep a bunch of "dead" stock would increase the required markups in order to subsidize the capital tied up in these items. However, the "goodwill" value of being able to supply spars and consumables was overlooked in that theory.

This does however imply that vendors would be required to do some careful planning in terms of spares and consumable stock levels, but judging from the before going replies, this would be worth their while. Optimum reordering points and order sizes can be fairly accurately determined so risks can be minimized.

Regards

And that is why Twisp can justify their prices. You can get coils just about anywhere!
Um, no. I had a Clearo, only single device at that time for a grand. Then they released the new Clearo where you could get 2 for a grand and from no kiosk having stock to contacting head office and the warehouse, their solutions a month later was to buy the new Clearo which I dod like the newbie sucker I was before discovering this forum. I wonder if you can get coils for that from Twisp no but I doubt it.

@Jakey

Sorry to hear about lack of coils for the Lemo3

I dont know the Lemo3 - I thought it was a rebuildable - lol

I do think your thread title could perhaps be reworded to more accurately describe what you are referring to. I dont see it as a "guarantee" but rather as a "support period" of a particular device

I do agree with you that vendors should try to stock the coils of a particular device they are selling for a while after the device has stopped being sold or stopped being in favour. Vendors that dont do that will probably just lose goodwill with customers - as what seems to have happened in your case.

At the moment, there are so many devices coming out all the time. I sometimes wonder how the vendors decide on what to stock and what to continue supporting. Must be quite a challenge.

Hope you find what you looking for @Jakey

And happy new year!
Noted and changed, the lemo 3 does have a rebuildable deck too so you weren't completely off

Hi bud @Jakey
Been doing some research for you.
Apparently the coils that the Lemo 3 uses is the Eleaf EC coils which is the same coils the melo and ijust uses.

Posting links of availability of coils
(This is only some of the vendors i quickly posted)

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/products/ijust-2-melo-2-0-5-ohm-coils

http://www.thevapery.co.za/products/eleaf-melo-2-ijust-coil

http://vaperite.co.za/product/eleaf-ec-coils/
Thanksdude, also managed to source them elsewhere, just feel like the person that sold it to me in the first place should be my first option when buying

Thanksdude, also managed to source them elsewhere, just feel like the person that sold it to me in the first place should be my first option when buying

For sure bud and the EC coil is such a popular coil (all the melo tanks 1,2 and 3 and ijust tank use them) so i dont understand how they dont know when they getting new stock.

But glad you sorted bud.

Um, no. I had a Clearo, only single device at that time for a grand. Then they released the new Clearo where you could get 2 for a grand and from no kiosk having stock to contacting head office and the warehouse, their solutions a month later was to buy the new Clearo which I dod like the newbie sucker I was before discovering this forum. I wonder if you can get coils for that from Twisp no but I doubt it.

I've been using the Aero and never had issues getting coils (dischem, clicks, kiosks, even makro)...

Back