SX Mini dry hits - what am I missing?

LandyMan

Cheers. And keep on vaping!!
LV

Awards
Got the Lemo 2 with a 0.12 ohm Ni200 build, 25J at 210 degrees Celsius. Almost lost a lung earlier from a nasty dry hit. Shouldn't the temp sensing stop the dry hit? On the Shark I can see the temp sensing warning pop up with the mAN and TSCs and then no dry hit. So I am mighty confused about the SX's non-behaviour.

have only used the subtank with tsc in them , n it worked like a charm . not a dry hit yet . cant comment on the lemo 2

@LandyMan i do not have an sx but an ipv4 and if i set it pas 180 degree i burn the cotton but at 180 it does not burn the cotton

Got the Lemo 2 with a 0.12 ohm Ni200 build, 25J at 210 degrees Celsius. Almost lost a lung earlier from a nasty dry hit. Shouldn't the temp sensing stop the dry hit? On the Shark I can see the temp sensing warning pop up with the mAN and TSCs and then no dry hit. So I am mighty confused about the SX's non-behaviour.
Hi

Did you lock the resistance in by pressing the 2 bottom buttons for a few seconds while everything is cold?The atty and device?

I find i have to sometimes lock it in about twice a day.

I am sure you did.Just checking......

Hi

Did you lock the resistance in by pressing the 2 bottom buttons for a few seconds while everything is cold?The atty and device?

I find i have to sometimes lock it in about twice a day.

I am sure you did.Just checking......
Yes I lock it when changing tanks or coils.

OK. It is weird. I used the billow 2 and it worked great. No issues.

@LandyMan i do not have an sx but an ipv4 and if i set it pas 180 degree i burn the cotton but at 180 it does not burn the cotton
@jtgrey my issue is that on the Shark at 210 degrees it will display temperature pretection, stopping the dry hit, but on the SX I still get the dry hit, which should be stopped by the temp sensing.
So yeah not exactly clear what the issue is.
I understand that coils should be spaced for temp sensing to work properly. After a week the coil might be all gunked up affecting this. I will clean the coil and rewick to see if it helps

@VapeSnow try and do a burn test with your settings and see what happens to the cotton . Use a perfect dry wick and see if it burns

@VapeSnow thanks bro i will give it a go .
are you using Ti coils on the ipv4 ...i mean can we use ti wire on the ipv4 because i have not tried it yet but realy want to .

Back