Taking my Vape to the next level

CHase

New Vaper
LV

Awards
OK, so currently I am using a Smok Procolor device with a whole host of different coils from Smok and i am wanting to improve my vaping experience and also start tinkering around a little.

Do i got RDA or RTA ? Dripping seems like a mission or not possible when you are out and about, RTA not as good flavour / Airflow as RDA but has a big old tank to store liquid ..... (all though my own research and probably wrong :) )

So that got me thinking, why not go for an RDTA and get the best of both worlds. Is it really that simple that one device can give you the benefits of a tank and and the flavor of dripping ? If so which device should i go for.

Maybe i am being silly and should just go with something like the Ammit 25 and get great flavour and a tank.

Seems like such a difficult purchase .... Help please :)

I’ve noticed over time that my rdta’s were guzzlers and not very economical on juice... for be the flavour on my rda’s always come out tops but I do have a reload rta inbound to compare which I’ll be getting tomorrow wooohoooo...

My honest and genuine advice is to get a squonker, the world becomes a better place, it makes life so much more fun and the experience is amazing hahaha, but that’s just my 2c

Well there is always the rdta/rda combo tanks you get, will let you try both worlds with one purchase and from there you can decide which one you prefer more :cool:

@Jengz Thanks for throwing more doubt into my mind :) I am assuming its like and RDA experience with bottom feeding bottle / tank. Sorry i have done very little research on this stuff.

Following... I have been having the same questions rolling around my head for some time now. Squonking seems to be the best of both worlds.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

RDA'S do offer the best flavor and vapor production however dripping can be inconvenient at times. Bottom Feeding (BF Devices) like the RSQ by Hotcig (Available at @Sir Vape) offer you the option of using the RDA with the convinience of never having to drip. You put your eliquid into a bottle and squeeze the bottle whenever you need to drip.

RDTA'S are not the same as RDA's. They don't really provide the same excellent flavor as an RDA but they still pretty good. They do beat RTA's but do not beat RDA's. Building and wicking an RDTA is really simple and you don't get leaking which makes it better than an RTA to some extent. Some good RDTA's to look at are the Merlin RDTA, iJoy 5.

An RTA does require some skills in wicking properly as it could lead to dry hits and leaking if not wicked correctly. RTA's such as the OBS Engine and Engine Nano or the Geekvape Zeus are good RTA's to start with as they have top airflow which means they cannot leak. Do note that with these, the flavor isn't as good as the RDTA or RDA although some RTA's can outperform an RDTA.

@Jengz Thanks for throwing more doubt into my mind :) I am assuming its like and RDA experience with bottom feeding bottle / tank. Sorry i have done very little research on this stuff.

Yeah, as explained above, the hotcig looks great, I have the vt inbox which is going for R1100 currently at theecigstore, for me it’s great value because it has the dna chipset in it.

I was also in this debate many months ago and the began squonking and now I don’t think I’ll get a better experience, even though I still buy gear to try and get that better experience

RDA'S do offer the best flavor and vapor production however dripping can be inconvenient at times. Bottom Feeding (BF Devices) like the RSQ by Hotcig (Available at @Sir Vape) offer you the option of using the RDA with the convinience of never having to drip. You put your eliquid into a bottle and squeeze the bottle whenever you need to drip.

RDTA'S are not the same as RDA's. They don't really provide the same excellent flavor as an RDA but they still pretty good. They do beat RTA's but do not beat RDA's. Building and wicking an RDTA is really simple and you don't get leaking which makes it better than an RTA to some extent. Some good RDTA's to look at are the Merlin RDTA, iJoy 5.

An RTA does require some skills in wicking properly as it could lead to dry hits and leaking if not wicked correctly. RTA's such as the OBS Engine and Engine Nano or the Geekvape Zeus are good RTA's to start with as they have top airflow which means they cannot leak. Do note that with these, the flavor isn't as good as the RDTA or RDA although some RTA's can outperform an RDTA.

Thanks for the very informative post. If i can deduce this. Bottom feeding is best way to get great flavor and be mobile as you don't need to keep dripping. But then i am assuming you cannot drip like a traditional RDA because the liquid would have to come from the bottle underneath ?

Thanks for the very informative post. If i can deduce this. Bottom feeding is best way to get great flavor and be mobile as you don't need to keep dripping. But then i am assuming you cannot drip like a traditional RDA because the liquid would have to come from the bottle underneath ?
you can do both
squonk whatever is in the bottle and drip when you feel like a different flavor.
Squonking is just better :)

My Goon LP RDA is best for flavour in my small but growing collection.
I have an ijoy tornado RTA I enjoy, but its difficult to get the wick right.
I use the Tornado when driving and treat my RDA like a good whiskey at night. Take my time, chill, drip and enjoy the flavour.
Monday I will be able to comment on squonking and RDTA's. Watching the post like a hawk

@BioHAZarD @daniel craig @Jengz

Which Regulated Mod would guys recommend ?
If you want to get into squonking, the CAPO BF kit offers everything you'll ever need and it's a good starter kit.

You can get the CAPO BF kit (includes a battery and an RDA) + Add a 100ml bottle of Pinkeye and check out using the promo code "PINK" @Sir Vape So you basically get everything you need plus a 100ml bottle of juice free for R1150.

OK, so currently I am using a Smok Procolor device with a whole host of different coils from Smok and i am wanting to improve my vaping experience and also start tinkering around a little.

Do i got RDA or RTA ? Dripping seems like a mission or not possible when you are out and about, RTA not as good flavour / Airflow as RDA but has a big old tank to store liquid ..... (all though my own research and probably wrong :) )

So that got me thinking, why not go for an RDTA and get the best of both worlds. Is it really that simple that one device can give you the benefits of a tank and and the flavor of dripping ? If so which device should i go for.

Maybe i am being silly and should just go with something like the Ammit 25 and get great flavour and a tank.

You need to weigh up the pro's and con's of each option and determine what you can live with:

RTA
Pros - it's a tank so no need to drip all the time
Cons - normally reduced flavour production; normally less clouds and can be tough to wick

RDA
Pros - great flavour; great clouds; easy to wick
Cons - constantly having to drip is can be a nuisance; especially when driving

RDTA
Pros - great flavour; great clouds; not terribly difficult to wick (depending on the RDTA)
Cons - most are juice guzzlers; especially at high watts

Squonking
Pros - RDA will be attached so great flavour; great clouds; easy to wick
Cons - most squonk mods are single battery mods; so you the battery wont last very long if you have a low ohm build.

For me personally, I use RDA's exclusively as I can live with the inconvenience of dripping. Plus I prefer low ohm builds so when I had a squonker I was constantly changing batteries which annoyed me so I wen't back to dual battery regulated mods. I would rather drip than change batteries all the time

The Ammit 25 will give great flavor rda quality imo.I am a reformed "dripping junkie" the quality flavor wise in RTAs has improved leaps and bounds in the last couple of years making the drip a thing of the past for this guy.I do however enjoy a good Sqounk at times.

I really don't see a difference when sqounking compared to dripping.

Thanks everyone for the advice, i finally pulled the trigger on the Dead Rabbit RDA as i can use it with my current mod and it also has a bottom feed option so i can use it when i get my squonker :) It looks pretty sick on my Pro Color I must say. Having some difficulties but I am sure i will eventually get it right :)

Will get a Squonk mod soon just not sold on which one to pick up.

hkHsqG

@CHase . Before buying a squonk mod, do yourself a favour and take a look at @KZOR 's Youtube videos on squonk mods. He offers great info and is one of the most "un-influenced" reviewers out there. He is also local (is lekker) and the videos a light-hearted but useful. (search Kzor on Youtube).

Thanks everyone for the advice, i finally pulled the trigger on the Dead Rabbit RDA as i can use it with my current mod and it also has a bottom feed option so i can use it when i get my squonker :) It looks pretty sick on my Pro Color I must say. Having some difficulties but I am sure i will eventually get it right :)

Will get a Squonk mod soon just not sold on which one to pick up.

hkHsqG
Nice! I've got the SS Dead Rabbit with a green drip tip. I found it tricky to wick and place the coils in the exact position I wanted but when I got it right I couldn't put it down! Great purchase

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back