Taking my Vape to the next level

CHase

New Vaper
LV

Awards
OK, so currently I am using a Smok Procolor device with a whole host of different coils from Smok and i am wanting to improve my vaping experience and also start tinkering around a little.

Do i got RDA or RTA ? Dripping seems like a mission or not possible when you are out and about, RTA not as good flavour / Airflow as RDA but has a big old tank to store liquid ..... (all though my own research and probably wrong :) )

So that got me thinking, why not go for an RDTA and get the best of both worlds. Is it really that simple that one device can give you the benefits of a tank and and the flavor of dripping ? If so which device should i go for.

Maybe i am being silly and should just go with something like the Ammit 25 and get great flavour and a tank.

Seems like such a difficult purchase .... Help please :)

Nice! I've got the SS Dead Rabbit with a green drip tip. I found it tricky to wick and place the coils in the exact position I wanted but when I got it right I couldn't put it down! Great purchase

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Any advice or maybe some pics you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Sure.

My preferable way of coil placement and wicking is as follows:

1. I place my coils very high because I don't want the coils to block the airflow slots (I like wide open airflow). Basically if I look down the airflow slot I either can't see the coils or I can just about see the bottom of the coil.
2. I move my coils as far out as possible, but not too far out. The edge of my coils line up with the end of the positive and negative posts because if they go any further then it will touch the sides of the atty and short out
3. I don't use coils with a large diameter... 2.5mm is the maximum size I use because if I use 3mm or more then the coils will be too close together and I will get spit back
4. I wick the coils very tightly. If the wick isn't tight then there is also a risk for a lot of spit back and with my coil placements being so high the spit back burns like hell.

I'll upload pics when I get a chance later

Ok here's the pics. I think this should help further explain what I meant
e2f1b7f478189b94fa967ec3f9e069fc.jpg
63545a4ad0a7945178460169198f113b.jpg
62e683473a187dfbaade9077c0588e7a.jpg

Ok here's the pics. I think this should help further explain what I meant

Wow thanks so much for the pics man really appreciate it :)

Looking at your pics your coil placement is way higher than mine currently are, i will def try that out on my next build.

Even with mine quite a bit lower than yours i fell its a rather warm vape. Yours must be very hot if having a few puffs ?

@Mr. B

I find i am getting some spit back and lots of loud pops, its not all the time but it does happen and its irritating. You almost get too scared to suck on it at time as you don't know what you gonna get :(

If you wouldn't mind taking a look at my pics and offering some advice that would be great.

Last edited:
I find i am getting some spit back and lots of loud pops

I an confident that the spitback AND the pops are due to your twisted wire.

There was a lengthy discussion a year or so ago, about the popping on spaced coils, and the twisted coils amplifies it. IT is due to juice build up on the coil and between the wraps. When it heats up it boils and pops. Which causes both the spitting and the popping.

There was a lengthy discussion a year or so ago, about the popping on spaced coils, and the twisted coils amplifies it. IT is due to juice build up on the coil and between the wraps. When it heats up it boils and pops. Which causes both the spitting and the popping.

Thanks for advice, could you recommend what i should use ?

I fully agree. A neat and tight fused clapton would work nicely because you would get less pops and spitback

Wow thanks so much for the pics man really appreciate it :)

Looking at your pics your coil placement is way higher than mine currently are, i will def try that out on my next build.

Even with mine quite a bit lower than yours i fell its a rather warm vape. Yours must be very hot if having a few puffs ?
To answer your question: yes I do get a very warm vape, but that's how I like it. I vape anywhere between 90w and 120w and I like the feeling of a hot vape.

It's just personal preference but I know that some people won't like it that way

Got everything working perfectly after i changed the coils and dropped the coils to the sides. This RDA is amazing, hit after hit no spit back and wow this thing can take a lot of juice :) Great purchase.

Thanks guys.

Back