Tank is Scratching my Mod

MilkDromeda

New Vaper
LV

Awards
I hope some of you can give me a tip with this one. I have the IPV D2 with a Kanger Subtank Mini, what I have noticed is that the tank is scratching the mod at the 510 connection. Now I know this is common or atleast I have seen it happen on a lot of mods, is there a solution? I thought of using a sticker of sorts to prevent this.

clear vynl wrap cut to size is your best bet

Thanks @Riaz, exactly what I was looking for.

Will test a few materials and see what works best for me.

The IPV D2 has an adjustable screw inside the 510 connection. Just unscrew it far enough to leave a tiny space between your mod and atomizer.

As some reviewers stated the 510 connection is spring loaded but if you turn the screw you can strip the connection from the solder, how accurate this is I do not know.

Although why would it have the ability to turn the connection with a tool if it was not intended for this purpose.

Last edited:
Here a few pictures of the 510 connection in the IPV4s, supposedly the same or close to the IPV D2.

Pictures taken from this thread, post number #1778. I hope that is allowed.

Attachments

• Center Pin.png
    Center Pin.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Dissasembled.png
    Dissasembled.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 29
  • SX Mini 510 Connection.png
    SX Mini 510 Connection.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 29
I would not try adjust the 510 pin , it is spring loaded not meant to be adjusted.

This is what I did for a buddy of mine.. Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap.
IMG_2911.JPG

Last edited:
SX Mini, excuse the mistake there.

@iPWN What I thought, going to go with the material method to prevent scratches.

@skola That looks awesome, where did you find the wrap, every time I wanted to buy some you need to buy in large quantities.

@skola That looks awesome, where did you find the wrap, every time I wanted to buy some you need to buy in large quantities.
This, I acquired from a friend of mine but you can find it at a China Mall. I see that you're in Cape Town but I'm sure there's a China Mall there? You can get a meter for like 20 bucks.

As some reviewers stated the 510 connection is spring loaded but if you turn the screw you can strip the connection from the solder, how accurate this is I do not know.

Although why would it have the ability to turn the connection with a tool if it was not intended for this purpose.
Ah, that is a good question. Was not even aware it was spring loaded. It is! Did turn the screw with good effect, but will now desist as a precautionary measure - thanks for confirming the risk @iPWN. I have some clear Vinyl somewhere - shall stick that on.

This is how I prevent scratches on my mod. I fit a rubber o-ring on the 510 thread then the tank doesn't screw down completely.

I tried using @Marzuq anti vandal disc but it was restricting my airflow a bit

gfd.jpg

Have to start doing this - I'm not too pedantic about mod scratches but if they can be avoided, why not ;-)

I personally don't care about the scratches. The scratch will be 22mm, and your tank will cover it at all times. Unless you using a tank that's less than 22mm in diameter. So I don't care if I buy someone's mod with an atty scar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally don't care about the scratches. The scratch will be 22mm, and your tank will cover it at all times. Unless you using a tank that's less than 22mm in diameter. So I don't care if I buy someone's mod with an atty scar

Yeah - seems some people really can't stand it though ;-)

So I phoned Maizys that stocks all sorts of products, I used them before when I needed perspex. They only sell in 1m by 1.3m pieces at R450+. I asked if they have off cuts but to no avail. So they gave me the number to a signage company that bought from them in this week and I phoned them and they had cut offs, went to collect it soon after. They were quite generous with the amount they gave me, did not pay a cent. See photos for results.

Thanks again for all the help.

Attachments

• Vinyl Wrap 1.jpg
    Vinyl Wrap 1.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Vinyl Wrap 2.jpg
    Vinyl Wrap 2.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 19
I bought wrap at china town. They've by a huge variety of colors. It was R13 for 1x1m if I remember correctly lol.

Back