Was enjoying it until it was confiscated lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441445734.112699.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441445772.693591.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441445772.693591.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Just be cautious on the OCC Ni coils. When they work, they are brilliant, when they don't or lose connection or have serious jumping ohms they are not... Same setup, also tried them on the iStick 40W TC, mixed success. (It seems the quality control on these coils are not what they are supposed to be, lots of complaints everywhere.) This is not an iStick problem, it is an OCC one.

When unlucky, the flavours will be just 'meh' (when it works), when lucky it will be 'wow'.

Like Kuhlkatz, I have had more success building my own Ni on the base. (Not a lot to work with and I'm getting old so the tiny spaces...)

My dna200 rebuild (v1.2) 2200mah lipo 1590b hammond box
20150905_134117.jpg 20150905_134109.jpg 20150905_130435.jpg 20150905_130427.jpg 20150905_103021_Richtone(HDR).jpg

It just just fits with that big **s switch.

@DaRoach very nice have you gone on the evolve site to program it?
Yes I have downloaded EScribe software it is very customizable. I would also like to mention that the DNA200 Chip is awsome Evolv went all out. Everyone should get one especially if you into temp control with like dual ni200 builds. currently using billow v2 2mm id 28g ni200 set to 400f 30w preheat 100w.

received_885521658198559.jpg received_885521651531893.jpg

My new state-of-the-art TC mod :D
DNA40 with Large Screen and carbon inlay + Spring Loaded 510

very fortunate to get hold of one, these mods are rare, the modder makes one now and then....if one goes on sale it is usually gone in less then 30 min....

Yes I have downloaded EScribe software it is very customizable. I would also like to mention that the DNA200 Chip is awsome Evolv went all out. Everyone should get one especially if you into temp control with like dual ni200 builds. currently using billow v2 2mm id 28g ni200 set to 400f 30w preheat 100w.
@DaRoach is the software ez to navigate for a non computer savvy dweeb like me?

Is it possible to get a mouth-to-lung (MTL) using TC? Bought my brother an Eleaf TC40w and give him my spare subtank mini to use with Ni200 coils.
I like it although my daily vape I use high nic for MTL and my sub-ohms for flavour and clouds...

Is it possible to get a mouth-to-lung (MTL) using TC? Bought my brother an Eleaf TC40w and give him my spare subtank mini to use with Ni200 coils.
I like it although my daily vape I use high nic for MTL and my sub-ohms for flavour and clouds...
Should not be a problem. Just adjust the power, temp and air flow accordingly.

Is it possible to get a mouth-to-lung (MTL) using TC?

Indeed. As @Andre said, just adjust to taste. I've been running both ways.

The biggest issue I have with TC is that some setups and/or coils can make the 'intake-flavour' almost non-existent. I know it has been disappointing for a couple. But you need to play and be patient until you find what works for you.

Basically, if you can do it with other setups, you can do it here.

Its been a week and a bit on the IPV4 with software upgrade. So actually IPV4S and Goliath V2. Still running kanthal in there. Needto find some coils for it before i use the ones in the box. Just want to find out. After some heavy vaping on the goliath i get some water between the atty and mod. Is this normal. Can i do something to reduce it. I see after i a puff some vapour come out airflow at the bottom

Its been a week and a bit on the IPV4 with software upgrade. So actually IPV4S and Goliath V2. Still running kanthal in there. Needto find some coils for it before i use the ones in the box. Just want to find out. After some heavy vaping on the goliath i get some water between the atty and mod. Is this normal. Can i do something to reduce it. I see after i a puff some vapour come out airflow at the bottom
Sounds like condensation, not juice, which could be perfectly normal at high power. With the stock coil, I got some juice leaking from the air slots, but have since built a coil and have nada leaking so far. Neither condensation - vaping between 20 and 30W.

So finally set up the sub tank with
With a OCC NI 200 coil.. set at 300c with some vapemob tbac and wow... I am now TC all the way it's just so good good.. ito warm yummy yummy all the way and the hit is just right...love it..

So finally set up the sub tank with
With a OCC NI 200 coil.. set at 300f with some vapemob tbac and wow... I am now TC all the way it's just so good good.. ito warm yummy yummy all the way and the hit is just right...love it..
Update already.. just discovered the eleaf temp protector keeps kicking in at 300f it seems this mod is not really at the cutting edge of TC it's not powerfull enough for TC to work without TC protecter keep kicking in.. just for info if anyone else has the same issue is to pump it up to 550f and this seems to stop the protector from kicking in ..

The way the iStick 40W TC and most TC mods work...

0. You press the button
1. It pushes 40W through the coil
2. It monitors the temperature
3. When the set temperature has been reached, it backs off, i.e. goes into 'protected' mode, dropping the wattage

It is powerful enough and working just the way as intended.

300f is very, very, very low. It will kick in very quickly and basically be in protected mode almost all the time. For Ni coils on both the iStick and eVic devices I follow the Joyetech recommendations, i.e. at least 500F. (And drop it by around 50F on Ti coils)

The way the iStick 40W TC and most TC mods work...

0. You press the button
1. It pushes 40W through the coil
2. It monitors the temperature
3. When the set temperature has been reached, it backs off, i.e. goes into 'protected' mode, dropping the wattage

It is powerful enough and working just the way as intended.

300f is very, very, very low. It will kick in very quickly and basically be in protected mode almost all the time. For Ni coils I follow the Joyetech recommendations, i.e. at least 500F. (Lower on Ti coils)
Thanks @Coco yep discovered this with trial and error..

Back