Thank goodness for China

DaveH

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
I know we all like to have a bit of a go at China and especially the quality of some of the goods they produce. However times have changed and so has China their product quality has improved dramatically over the last 20 years.

Look at the quality of the mods and atties we buy most are of a good quality and bearing in mind the Rands we pay we can afford to vape.

Take China out of the vaping loop and many of us would find vaping a very expensive hobby.

:)
Dave

Don't get me wrong I'm not really a fan of China, I worked in a factory along with 2500 other people - it all went to China (except the people of course).
I could have gone to China to help them use the equipment - (I thought up that).

Dave

Don't get me wrong I'm not really a fan of China, I worked in a factory along with 2500 other people - it all went to China (except the people of course).
I could have gone to China to help them use the equipment - (I thought up that).

Dave
Man, I quite like China. The fact that I can get things soo cheap from there is fantastic.
Also they know how to offer cheap shipping.

Try buy a product from the US or Europe, you pay through your teeth for the shipping alone... For a product which is made in China.
If you are able to source the same product from China directly, you will surely pay a lot less. Heck even if the product costs the same from China you will at least half the shipping costs if not more and when the shipping costs come to $40 or more, it adds up. They also love to undervalue items for customs! Helps big time when you purchase pricier items.

I paid R3k for my phone, shipping & customs included. Locally in South Africa the cheapest I have seen the 32GB version (mine is 64GB version) was for R6999. I wish I could get a bigger selection of quality items from China.

I know we all like to have a bit of a go at China and especially the quality of some of the goods they produce. However times have changed and so has China their product quality has improved dramatically over the last 20 years.

Look at the quality of the mods and atties we buy most are of a good quality and bearing in mind the Rands we pay we can afford to vape.

Take China out of the vaping loop and many of us would find vaping a very expensive hobby.

:)
Dave

I think when one looks at the companies in any country, there are good ones and bad ones

Vaping wise, I have had great experiences from several Chinese designed and manufactured products.

My Kangertech Subtank Mini hasnt given an ounce of trouble in almost 3 years of daily use!
Must have been made very well

Same can be said of my Kangertech Evod1

From a mod perspective:
The eleaf istick20 hasnt skipped a beat in a long time - about 2.5 years
The eleaf istick50 is exactly the same
The Innokin MVP2 is bulletproof - daily operation for about 3 years
Sigelei 100+ has also been going without a single hitch for about 2.5 years

These are older devices and I have also probably been quite lucky. I also look after my gear. But it does suggest to me they were made well and made to last. At the relatively cheap price point, these devices are winners

Last edited:
Back