The Atomic Thread

Hi Jos, most welcome to the forum. Looks like a great success at your first try, well done.
Have a question: We have a Reonaut (Reo owner) here called @Jos. I have him down on our Reo Roll Call as Jos van Heerden. Am I mistaken somewhere along the line - as you are Jos van Heerden? Presume you also have a Reo? @Rob Fisher please help.

Yip one and the same @Andre. ;-)

That's your first coil????

My word, you don't even want to know what my first coil looked like lol

Well done bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a rush checking the coils fire up on the first try

Must say that Lily chows juice with this dual setup - almost flattened 2ml in 30mins

Must say that Lily chows juice with this dual setup - almost flattened 2ml in 30mins

And no doubt the flavour rocks your world. ;-)

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

And no doubt the flavour rocks your world. ;-)

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

You know it - tropical ice with a touch of pineapple ADV is born

Right here we go again

This time, triple twisted 28g kanthal
2mm id
8 wraps
0.61 ohms

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419023609.889606.jpg

Vape is good
Flavor and vapor is plentiful

I'm happy, for now haha

My first build in the atomic in the reo

26g kanthal, 6 wraps on 2mm ID came out at 0.8ohms

20150107_182140_HDR.jpg 20150107_182454_HDR.jpg

Good looking coil.
I actually miss my my atomic. I grew fond of it. From initially not really liking it that much.
As a plain dripper I too was not fond of it, but as a BF it is amazing on the reo simply cause one does not have to drip as much now

As a plain dripper I too was not fond of it, but as a BF it is amazing on the reo simply cause one does not have to drip as much now

I've only tried it on the nemesis once, so I don't know the hassle of dripping. But yeah on the REO it worked like a dream.

My first build in the atomic in the reo

26g kanthal, 6 wraps on 2mm ID came out at 0.8ohms

View attachment 18921 View attachment 18922
Nice coiling man.

Just a word of advice. Perhaps take a look that your post screws are tightened down nicely.

Based on your resistance you mentioned, the ID and number is wraps 0.8 is higher than what it should read it.

A single 26g coil for me in the atomic, with a 2mm ID, and 7 wraps would fall in around 0.67 or so.

Careful not to over tighten as there's a high chance you could cut through one of thr legs with the post screw.

:)

Nice coiling man.

Just a word of advice. Perhaps take a look that your post screws are tightened down nicely.

Based on your resistance you mentioned, the ID and number is wraps 0.8 is higher than what it should read it.

A single 26g coil for me in the atomic, with a 2mm ID, and 7 wraps would fall in around 0.67 or so.

Careful not to over tighten as there's a high chance you could cut through one of thr legs with the post screw.

:)
Thanks man

To be honest I think it is firing at 0.6-0.7ohms, the meter I used is a bit faulty and the flavour profile, warmth etc I am getting from the coil certainly does hint at it being around 0.6ohms

I will definitely have a look at the post screws and give them a proper tightening.

Thanks for the heads up

Hey guys. Been building single coils on this now for a while at around 1ohm. What diff can I expect from dual coils?

Hey guys. Been building single coils on this now for a while at around 1ohm. What diff can I expect from dual coils?
Hey @ConradS

Well for starters you can expect a more 'intense' vape.

- Dual coils (at least in my opinion) pack a mean punch. They hit harder from my experience.

- I find that the dual coil setup is also great in terms of flavour. Call me crazy but I have tried several liquids I know well in a single and dual setup and the flavour in the dual setup to be enhanced.

- I have also found that some liquids that tasted average on a single coil build, turned out to be incredible on a dual setup.

- You will also get the chance to enjoy even greater airflow now as you will be opening up another airhole slot for air to hit your second coil.

- As a result of this increase in airflow and because you have a larger surface area now in a dual coil build ( I.e double the amount of wire, vapour production will also jump.

Note:

- A con to the dual coil that I have found is that it guzzles a lot more juice.

- Make sure both coils are as similar as possible to one another.

- Dual coils really come to life around 0.6 or lower (in my opinion)

Going from a 1 ohm setup directly to sub ohm dual coils might be quite a jump for you. (Very different experience)

My advice would be to perhaps experiment with some lower resistance single coil builds first to dip your feet into the sub ohm.

Or you could just go balls to the walls

Please do not take any of the above as gospel. It is merely my opinion and experience over the last few months.

Hope this has been helpful

Here is a dual coil I did In my atomic a while back.

Dual Coil
26G
2.5mm ID
9 Wraps
+/- 0.46 Ω

b450d6abaaf4884c2646f517290252e2.jpg

I agree with what @Yiannaki said above. One additional comment though: With dual coils the power is distributed to 2 coils - thus one can go considerably lower in dual coils than in single coils without the hit been too hard. This is the reason you need to go quite low (around 0.6 ohms) to get the benefits of dual coils.

Or you could stay vaping at one ohm with dual coils.

Just build two X two ohm coils

Going from single to dual coils will really enhance everything re vape experience.

I for one struggle to go back to single coils after vaping dual coils- I've tried many times and always go back to duals.

Flavor
Vapor

Only downsides using duals is they are juice guzzlers and also battery depleters

Back