The BF Derringer Thread

Recoiled the derringer last night

26g kanthal
2.5mm ID
6 wraps
0.3odd ohms

i love it
flavor is slightly less compared to a similar build in the Odin though, but not that bad.

IMG_3420.JPG

Can anyone tell me what the chances of all these clones using the same post screws are?

I lost a post screw, and I'm just not enjoying a single coil. So I'm hoping to buy another Derringer for the screws.

Or, can I remove my bottom-fed centre post and pop it on a different Derringer?

Can anyone tell me what the chances of all these clones using the same post screws are?

I lost a post screw, and I'm just not enjoying a single coil. So I'm hoping to buy another Derringer for the screws.

Or, can I remove my bottom-fed centre post and pop it on a different Derringer?
Chances are that they would be the same

Thanks for the reply bud.

But I turned the kitchen upside down and found the little thing. Back to vaping bliss.
Awesomeness right there

Glad you got sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, it was a lesson though. I need to look at a second atty that suits my style.

But nothing released lately has appealed much to me.

Hurry up Odin 2!

Glad you found it bud. For interest's sake, I have fitted an Ivogo clone's centre pin in a Fasttech body with no issues. For me the Derringer is hard to beat, the Velocity is probably closest in my book at the moment, but it's damn big.

Glad you found it bud. For interest's sake, I have fitted an Ivogo clone's centre pin in a Fasttech body with no issues. For me the Derringer is hard to beat, the Velocity is probably closest in my book at the moment, but it's damn big.
Personally I agree with the size of the derringer being atheistically pleasing but the leak from the air holes drives me insane.

I left the derringer in my car slightly tilted in the cupholder and it leaked. It may be because I over squonk.

The rogue is my favourite because it is almost leak proof.

I use the velocity on a regular mod because I hate how it leaks.

Ya nee I don't like the size of the Velocity either.

Personally I agree with the size of the derringer being atheistically pleasing but the leak from the air holes drives me insane.

I left the derringer in my car slightly tilted in the cupholder and it leaked. It may be because I over squonk.

It's definitely because you over-squonk. It been the least messy atty I've had experience with.

In my days of dripping, jees I had juice everywhere all the time. My hands smelled nice though :)

My tanks leak way more than my Derringer.Never have had issues with the Derringer leaking.

So I've been getting hit and miss builds in my derringer.

Tried a few things but the best so far was dual coil 24 awg 2.5mm ID 7 wraps.

Until today.
Decided to give clapton wire a try and I must say for my first clapton build is a success with new found love for the derringer. Used 26 + 32 I'd clapton 6 wraps .4 ohms.
Flavour is amazing. View attachment 34394 View attachment 34395 View attachment 34396 View attachment 34397 View attachment 34398
Nice work on the Clapton, good flavor but the ramp up is so slow I find I need to jack them on a high wattage mod.

Anyone have a derringer they willing to part with

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

So.... the vape curse has struck again :D After doing some mouth-to-lung vaping on my Cyclone, all my DIY juices started tasting shitty. Tried them in the Cyclone, and they seemed good. So I started playing with builds in the Derringer again.
Eventually what came out the best for me in terms of flavor was a 2.5mm, single coil, 28G parallel coil at 5 wraps.
Running on a mech and 2 air holes open.

@r0gue z0mbie, @Christos

So.... the vape curse has struck again :D After doing some mouth-to-lung vaping on my Cyclone, all my DIY juices started tasting shitty. Tried them in the Cyclone, and they seemed good. So I started playing with builds in the Derringer again.
Eventually what came out the best for me in terms of flavor was a 2.5mm, single coil, 28G parallel coil at 5 wraps.
Running on a mech and 2 air holes open.

@r0gue z0mbie, @Christos
Pics please!
Since the cyclones the derringer has been retired because of the flavour lacking.
Best flavour I had was dual claptons but I struggled to fit the wire through the centre post.
I'll perhaps try the derringer again tomorrow with SS after I get 2 new Cyclones to decide if or must be permanently retired .

Not my neatest work, don't have all my favorite mcgafters at work :D

20151116_214911_resized.jpg
20151116_214935_resized.jpg

I'm actually quite liking 24g dual 0.3 coils.

Flavour is not as much as warmer, higher ohm coils, but it's a more "easy going" vape. I don't get sick of flavours as quick.

Has anyone replaced the shoddy allan key screws with proper screws yet?

I'm actually quite liking 24g dual 0.3 coils.

Flavour is not as much as warmer, higher ohm coils, but it's a more "easy going" vape. I don't get sick of flavours as quick.
Great minds think alike,dual 24s,at .28ohm working for me.Good flavor.

Couldn't sleep, so I built coils a 04:30 on a non-BF Derringer. Flavor was good enough to make me withdraw my classified on a few Derringers and Terminator mods. Compared head to head with an Odin on the same build. Running White Label Keylime Pie in both. I get more lemon on the Derringer than the Odin. Hard to say which is better, they are just different. I have seen people earlier in the thread say the Derringer should be better for dessert flavors, but the creamy pie part seems more pronounced on the Odin, while the Derringer brings out the fresh fruity part more for me.

2.4mm ID, 7 wraps, 26G. Decided against the center post build and built off center and slanted, exactly like the Odin build.
Vape is not hot at all, nice cool vape actually/ Running 2 air holes open on each side.

IMG_1503.jpg IMG_1505.jpg

Just did the same build on a BF Derringers using Vaping Doughnuts. For the first time I actually tasted the blueberry in it. The Derringer hath maketh a comeback it seems

Back