The BF Derringer Thread

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Used the Kuro coiler - easy, peasy and fast. ID of 2.5 mm, 26 g Kanthal, 9 wraps for each coil. Resistance measured at 0.53 ohms.
Slanted coils, wicked with 3 mm ceramic.

My first coils done with the Kuro coiler.
fwRAlle.jpg

Nicely wicked with 3 mm ceramic
npKL8xb.jpg

Juicing with Custard's Last Stand (Nicoticket)
rkXruGx.jpg

Ready to vape with the black delrin top cap on the Reo Mini
72btZT2.jpg

Initial impressions: This little thing gives a great vape. Excellent flavour. Am impressed.

Thanks to @andro for very professionally modding the Derringer to bottom feed.

Used the Kuro coiler - easy, peasy and fast. ID of 2.5 mm, 26 g Kanthal, 9 wraps for each coil. Resistance measured at 0.53 ohms.
Slanted coils, wicked with 3 mm ceramic.

My first coils done with the Kuro coiler.
fwRAlle.jpg

Nicely wicked with 3 mm ceramic
npKL8xb.jpg

Juicing with Custard's Last Stand (Nicoticket)
rkXruGx.jpg

Ready to vape with the black delrin top cap on the Reo Mini
72btZT2.jpg

Initial impressions: This little thing gives a great vape. Excellent flavour. Am impressed.

Thanks to @andro for very professionally modding the Derringer to bottom feed.

Great build and review!

I see there a few threads on this and maby we need to pull these into one? or have a standard and bf one?

This was the first one i posted http://www.ecigssa.co.za/the-derringer-rda-by-praxis.t8675/

Great review @Andre , looks really cool on the Mini. You don't perhaps have a full frontal of the Mini with Derringer? Thinking of getting one for my Black Ano Mini...

Great review @Andre , looks really cool on the Mini. You don't perhaps have a full frontal of the Mini with Derringer? Thinking of getting one for my Black Ano Mini...
Here you go. Of course, being 22 mm it has an overhang, which looks worse because of the angle from which I took the picture.

rd67CHQ.jpg

3rd Coil on this one .34ohms. Lots of flavour, not as much as the Nuppin, but still good. It has great airflow though for the cloud chasers.:rolleyes:

16723593751_e9b37a83dd_z.jpg
16537421080_c1d6094b74_z.jpg

16517552357_c6a73235b6_z.jpg
16517542667_7b1f3ce374_z.jpg

So here is my first build on the derringer.

To try and do a fair comparison to the Odin and nuppin, I put the same coils I had in the other two.

Dual coil
26g
2.5mm ID
8 wraps
0.46 ohms
KGD wick

Initial Impressions: The derringer is most certainly a great atty and well at home on the REO.

The flavour is very good! I wouldn't say it's on par with the Nuppin but very close to the Odin (cannot say which I think is better yet)

The airflow of the derringer on its most open configuration is certainly airier than the Odin. I have found that closing off one air hole and leaving two on each side gives me the perfect lung hit draw.

Its hard to believe that such a small Atty can produce so much vapour! Its crazy!

Obviously the above is based off a day with the derringer and I will give more info once I have spent some more time with it.

So far I haven't had any leaking issues but today was a fairly static day so that doesn't count. Let's see how it copes over the weekend.

Enough rambling. Here are some pics

bff6bbc3f46f3d96ee916cb1c4e927bf.jpg

a9e1e29afac0c44e04115873de4b5aba.jpg

7b47e8a1395e998ab98b23adb517d839.jpg

fe3be391de51b1897cee327be3ca1e66.jpg

To try and do a fair comparison to the Odin and nuppin, I put the same coils I had in the other two.

Dual coil
26g
2.5mm ID
8 wraps
0.46 ohms
KGD wick

Initial Impressions: The derringer is most certainly a great atty and well at home on the REO.

The flavour is very good! I wouldn't say it's on par with the Nuppin but very close to the Odin (cannot say which I think is better yet)

The airflow of the derringer on its most open configuration is certainly airier than the Odin. I have found that closing off one air hole and leaving two on each side gives me the perfect lung hit draw.

Its hard to believe that such a small Atty can produce so much vapour! Its crazy!

Obviously the above is based off a day with the derringer and I will give more info once I have spent some more time with it.

So far I haven't had any leaking issues but today was a fairly static day so that doesn't count. Let's see how it copes over the weekend.

Great coils as usual @Yiannaki

Dual coil
26g
2.5mm ID
8 wraps
0.46 ohms
KGD wick

As Always man you coiling is top notch!!!

Dual coil
26g
2.5mm ID
8 wraps
0.46 ohms
KGD wick

Yeah, as @Alex said, you do make the neatest coils ever. Well done as always.
I tend to oversquonk this little atty more easily than the Odin (for example) and get some leaking, but the flavour is really good.

Great coils as usual @Yiannaki
Thanks @Alex, I learned from watching you guys closely :D

Are u still enjoying the derringer?
As Always man you coiling is top notch!!!
Thank you my fellow Greek :rock:

Yeah, as @Alex said, you do make the neatest coils ever. Well done as always.
I tend to oversquonk this little atty more easily than the Odin (for example) and get some leaking, but the flavour is really good.

Thank you @Andre :)

I can totally see how easy it is to over squonk it. The Odin is far more forgiving in this regard.

Thanks @Alex, I learned from watching you guys closely :D

Are u still enjoying the derringer?

It's not bad, but I prefer the Nuppin and I'm not sure why exactly. I think it may be the draw coupled with the great flavour. But the derringer is certainly no slouch either.

It's not bad, but I prefer the Nuppin and I'm not sure why exactly. I think it may be the draw coupled with the great flavour. But the derringer is certainly no slouch either.
Nuppin is untouchable at the moment. :rock:

Lovely Derringer post @Yiannaki

I always love reading your findings when you coil and wick a new atty for the first time. Its so exciting...

Then my wallet typically starts frowning and moaning at me....

Looking forward to hear how you like it after a bit more time

Lovely Derringer post @Yiannaki

I always love reading your findings when you coil and wick a new atty for the first time. Its so exciting...

Then my wallet typically starts frowning and moaning at me....

Looking forward to hear how you like it after a bit more time
Thanks @Silver :D

Its so exciting getting a new RDA to build on and try out. I really get a kick out of it!

On the topic of the derringer, I think youll like this one. You will be encouraged to try it when I see u next.

I built a dual for one of my new BF Derringer's today... 0,5Ω unfortunately the REO that was to get it (Lily) has a tight 510! It couldn't screw in all the way and wouldn't fire... but the overhang was more than I could take... :eek:

I built a dual for one of my new BF Derringer's today... 0,5Ω unfortunately the REO that was to get it (Lily) has a tight 510! It couldn't screw in all the way and wouldn't fire... but the overhang was more than I could take... :eek:

Nothing worse than building a new bf Atty, only to discover it won't screw down all the way into the REO!

Just pop lots of pills Skipper and you'll learn to live with overhang. Then one day youll look at RM2s and cyclones and think that they are in fact too small

Nothing worse than building a new bf Atty, only to discover it won't screw down all the way into the REO!

Just pop lots of pills Skipper and you'll learn to live with overhang. Then one day youll look at RM2s and cyclones and think that they are in fact too small

I'm not sure that will happen in a hurry @Yiannaki.. I really have tried desperately to get used to another atty... I think I have tried every other BF atty on the planet other than a Hornet (and I have 2 on their way) and a Divo.

I must say that I have also tried more than a few drippers and the Derringer has out lasted all of them! I have been using the Derringer as a dripper for over 3 days now! :rock:

I'm not sure that will happen in a hurry @Yiannaki.. I really have tried desperately to get used to another atty... I think I have tried every other BF atty on the planet other than a Hornet (and I have 2 on their way) and a Divo.

I must say that I have also tried more than a few drippers and the Derringer has out lasted all of them! I have been using the Derringer as a dripper for over 3 days now! :rock:

Wow Rob, 3 days in the Fisher vape den for a new device must be a record! I need to get one then. Lol

So the Nuppin/Other fans out there ... if you want to get rid of a BF Derringer, please let me know. I have a non-BF one, but it looks like one of those that can't be modified :(

Seems the derringer is the next atty on the list for the Reo

Back