The BF Derringer Thread

Just some feedback on the bf derringer and my experience with it over the last few days:

Relatively leak proof (unless youre over squonking) I have left mine on its side a good number of times and have not had any leaks.

The flavour is outstanding. I would even go as far as to say it is fractionally better than the Odin.

Its definitely a warmer vape, which is to be expected but for me, some juices are better suited to a cooler vape.

When wide open, there is a ton of airflow. Even when configured to my ideal airflow, for some reason I still prefer the draw I get from the Odin.

The derringer is most certainly a very smooth vape. @johan is going to kill me for using this line but it doesn't hit as hard as the Odin.

Last but not least, the vapour production for this Atty is superb! I am amazed by the amount of vapour it produces.

All in all: a solid bf RDA, with great drainage (ala vape club)

Not suitable for every occasion (as some might not like the warmer vape on all juices) but most certainly worthy of being in the rotation on the REO.

Hi @Yiannaki

I find with the flat kanthal the vape is quite cool, even at 0.65 ohm and i just have two air holes open. With chain vaping the atty heats up quite a bit but the vape still stays cool.

Just some feedback on the bf derringer and my experience with it over the last few days:

Relatively leak proof (unless youre over squonking) I have left mine on its side a good number of times and have not had any leaks.

The flavour is outstanding. I would even go as far as to say it is fractionally better than the Odin.

Its definitely a warmer vape, which is to be expected but for me, some juices are better suited to a cooler vape.

When wide open, there is a ton of airflow. Even when configured to my ideal airflow, for some reason I still prefer the draw I get from the Odin.

The derringer is most certainly a very smooth vape. @johan is going to kill me for using this line but it doesn't hit as hard as the Odin.

Last but not least, the vapour production for this Atty is superb! I am amazed by the amount of vapour it produces.

All in all: a solid bf RDA, with great drainage (ala vape club)

Not suitable for every occasion (as some might not like the warmer vape on all juices) but most certainly worthy of being in the rotation on the REO.

Most interesting and thanks for the detailed feedback @Yiannaki
You always have a great attention to detail and you explain things so well. Thanks.

When you say it doesnt hit as hard as the Odin (apologies to Johan) do you mean less throat hit?

Something I found on the Nuppin was that the same juice (even with high coils) was smoother on the nuppin than the RM2. I found the Nuppin smoothed out the juice - not in a bad way, in a lovely way. So are you saying the Derringer also has that smoothing effect?

Another question - would you say the Derringer is better suited to the hardcore tobacco type vapes or the lighter fruitier ones?

Most interesting and thanks for the detailed feedback @Yiannaki
You always have a great attention to detail and you explain things so well. Thanks.

When you say it doesnt hit as hard as the Odin (apologies to Johan) do you mean less throat hit?

Something I found on the Nuppin was that the same juice (even with high coils) was smoother on the nuppin than the RM2. I found the Nuppin smoothed out the juice - not in a bad way, in a lovely way. So are you saying the Derringer also has that smoothing effect?

Another question - would you say the Derringer is better suited to the hardcore tobacco type vapes or the lighter fruitier ones?

Sorry for not making that very clear @Silver

Yes. It has the very same smoothing effect as we have both observed in the Nuppin. It tends to soften out the TH of juices which can be great at times but can leave you wanting, if you're looking for that thump.

In my opinion and for my vaping preference, i would say it is better suited to tobacco's and desserts as i prefer these slightly warmer as opposed to fruity liquids which i tend to enjoy more when the vape is 'cooler'. (but i guess this would all come down to personal preference)

Hi @Yiannaki

I find with the flat kanthal the vape is quite cool, even at 0.65 ohm and i just have two air holes open. With chain vaping the atty heats up quite a bit but the vape still stays cool.

Thanks for sharing that @kimbo :)

I usually hover around 0.5 ohm with 2.5mm ID 26g dual coils. Not to say that the vape is 'hot' in the derringer. I just find that in comparison to the Odin with the same build, the vape is warmer. :)

I would like some help for the perfect built in the derringer rda.

For the last 4 months i was rocking box mods so to set the watts was a click away.

Mech mods is all about the coils. So please any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Im looking for WARM dense flavor, a lot of vapor and coils that don't take long to warm up. What gauge is the best and what ohms.

I would like some help for the perfect built in the derringer rda.

For the last 4 months i was rocking box mods so to set the watts was a click away.

Mech mods is all about the coils. So please any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Im looking for WARM dense flavor, a lot of vapor and coils that don't take long to warm up. What gauge is the best and what ohms.
I suggest you first go through this thread from the start. There are some builds by @Alex and @Yiannaki that might meet your needs. Also some good feedback from @Yiannaki at the top of this page.

Hi what can the problem be. Same built on both attys. 26g 8 wraps and the cyclops burn more intense. The derringer is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi what can the problem be. Same built on both attys. 26g 8 wraps and the cyclops burn more intense. The derringer is dead.

Most probably your wicking. Please post a close up of both wicks.

If u switch atties do they still fire the same even when on the opposite REO?

Most probably your wicking. Please post a close up of both wicks.
5b5f9e5749e9fd383a00a683c4c63abd.jpg

c4d248837ecdeadca8f851056007194f.jpg

Sorry pics are bad

Sorry pics are bad

Don't see much breathing room for the wicks on the derringer which could be why the vapour is less.

Try swapping the atties around and seeing if they still fire as they did before?

Die derringer has a bit more oemf on the red reo yes. But not a lot

Volt drop

Battery is 4.02 and derringer gives me 3.30

Battery is 3.99 and cyclops gives me 3.42

Sorry pics are bad

Wonder too if you do not have too much wicking in the Derringer. Also maybe clean the contacts on the orange Reo and apply some noalox. Could also be that the contact of the Derringer center pin is not as secure. So many options.

Wonder too if you do not have too much wicking in the Derringer. Also maybe clean the contacts on the orange Reo and apply some noalox. Could also be that the contact of the Derringer center pin is not as secure. So many options.
Okay thx Andre ill still play around.

Things to check:
  1. Are screws tight
  2. Is the battery arcing
  3. Did you use noalox
  4. Clean contacts
edit. I see @Andre covered a few things already.

Where can i buy noalox

Is that derringer the one with a copper 510 screw? Could be a connection problem with the center pin. The one I have here is modded with solid SS center pin that replaces the original center post and 510 pin. Thanks to @JakesSA.

I have some dielectric grease.

Is that derringer the one with a copper 510 screw? Could be a connection problem with the center pin. The one I have here is modded with solid SS center pin that replaces the original center post and 510 pin. Thanks to @JakesSA.

I have some dielectric grease.
No buddy it is a brass pin

@VapeSnow one thing i have learned along my Reo vaping road, use as little as possible wick. Just enough to touch the bottom of the deck to get the juice to the coil. You dont have to stuff the deck with cotton

So the problem is with the Derringer?

I'm not sure, but I would have a look at the threading on the 510 screw, make sure it's screwed into the center post nicely. That default copper screw is tiny enough before you drill a hole through the center.

Back