The Chatroom

:--) Cinnamon infusion, second filter. It's very dark, quite concentrated, it's not as sludgy as it looks. - i hope. Cinnamon powder wrapped in a coffee filter, infused for 3+ weeks, drained, then another parcel of cinnamon powder, for 4 days. i need to get lab filters, soon. As fine as possible, that will pass PG.

View attachment 18480

I suggest you obtain some Wattman filter papers from your local laboratory supply store; a Wattman #2 (2um) and you will only need to filter once.

:--) Cinnamon infusion, second filter. It's very dark, quite concentrated, it's not as sludgy as it looks. - i hope. Cinnamon powder wrapped in a coffee filter, infused for 3+ weeks, drained, then another parcel of cinnamon powder, for 4 days. i need to get lab filters, soon. As fine as possible, that will pass PG.

View attachment 18480

Damn, that looks awesome...a real witches brew :D
Probably gonna give quite a hit ;)

We really don't have a lot of DIY pictures on here...probably because they are not quite as striking as the coil/device pics, but this one really holds it's own, nicely done :clap:

:) It has to be concentrated, so that the proportion to main flavourings is very low - like 3 drops in 30 ml total is 0.5% of total. Maybe even that is too much; i'll see how the mix i did turns out.
The cinnamon powder is so fine, i suppose some fine particles pass through the coffee filter. Although it was wrapped in filter paper from the start.
i'd wanted to do it with proper cinnamon bark sticks/rolls, i thought that's what i'd bought, but now i think that would not extract well (not without heat or alcohol or something.) Like Vanilla - based on what a few people said, it came out weak; i can imagine, it doesn't release the aromatics/oil without heat or alcohol. So that's one i want to get from a natural flavourings supplier.
i saw something a couple days ago, an example about natural flavourings - vanillin synthetic flavouring has one flavour "note", real vanilla has about 200. Then again, does it really matter - no, if the vanillin is a minor/additive flavour with some main flavours.

Last edited:
That is going to be one awesome flavor.

My next experiment is going to be really dignified, really classy with one or maybe lumps at 12:00 ;)

All for flavourings. Because i figured out that synthetic tobacco juices - non-NETs - and HHV, i think, use small amounts of spices. Although, thanks to that list of ingredients of e-sense juice, there are two other additive ingredients used in some tobacco juices. Both natural, from plants - Labdanum and something resin, rockrose shrub.
Although, now, i'm rethinking it. it seems most of the guys on ecf doing NETs just use the NET as is, so it is close to the actual tobacco. Virginia, Cavendish, Burley, flue-cured,...and then those pipe tobaccos, most of them have some 'casing', some aromatics added, like vanilla, rum, maple, whiskey and so on.
So now i'm not sure what i was thinking. Maybe to use a small percentage of NET, to reduce the coil-gunking, and and jazz it up with combinations of cinnamon, jeera, ginger and so on. And today, the idea firmed up, i am going make juice called Masala Chai #1 and Masala Chai #2 and so on. :D Combinations of spices - jeera, cinnamon, elachi, soomf, ginger; maybe with rooibos. Rooibos is steeping since last two days, after standing in hot water for an hour or so.
Plenty of ideas, i just need more peanut butter jars and lab filters. Today, again, i'm too late to get to the lab supplies shop. No other solution for the jars, i was thinking i need to increase my intake of Black Cat peanut butter. o_O:)

Coffee, i have a sealed pack of coffee beans ready to go. Definitely want to be able to add a few drops of coffee extract to tobaccos. Just need more peanut butter jars. i read a lot of posts about people making coffee extracts, and it worked, they all/mostly raved about it, much better than the commercial coffee juices. i have a bunch of mbv coffee flavourings, useless, one of the worst experiences i've had with vaping. it doesn't just clog coils/wicks, even at low percentages, one time it formed a glob in the tank, that wouldn't remix with the rest of the juice. ...Must be oil.

:smoke:Good thread this, good place for me to "think aloud". Like making notes of the thought processes.

Coffee, i have a sealed pack of coffee beans ready to go. Definitely want to be able to add a few drops of coffee extract to tobaccos. Just need more peanut butter jars. i read a lot of posts about people making coffee extracts, and it worked, they all/mostly raved about it, much better than the commercial coffee juices. i have a bunch of mbv coffee flavourings, useless, one of the worst experiences i've had with vaping. it doesn't just clog coils/wicks, even at low percentages, one time it formed a glob in the tank, that wouldn't remix with the rest of the juice. ...Must be oil.

:smoke:Good thread this, good place for me to "think aloud". Like making notes of the thought processes.

Loving these ideas...very stimulating to my brain :nerd:

I've also not found an artificial coffee flavour that I could vape...I thought it would be great, was very high on my todo list when I started, but the ones I tried just wasn't for me. I hadn't even considered extracting it manually from real beans - if that works and I can get even close to real coffee then :dance:

Thanks for giving me some homework @Cat - never thought I'd ever say that to anyone, but there it is :D

I like this. I have a pound of ducking donuts vanilla flavoured coffee that was given to me. But I hate flavoured coffees.

Might make a good vape though.

sent using Tapatalk 2

Just find the thread on ecf - i think it's ecf, but i think i read one or two on other forums too. Some of them - most of them - did it by microwaving the ground coffee in VG for a couple minutes.
hmm,...like i was thinking about vanilla pods, it's not going to extract by infusing in PG, it needs heat. One or two people here didit, i remember one saying it was a bit too weak.

Nothing to lose by trying it. Sure it would gunk coils more than most juice. Not a big problem with RTAs, not like with EVOD and Nautilus coils. And all those posts i read, they just used coffee filters, so maybe some finer lab filters would reduce it so it's not even a problem.

I like this. I have a pound of ducking donuts vanilla flavoured coffee that was given to me. But I hate flavoured coffees.
Might make a good vape though.

Yes, i think most of those posts i read, it was Americans talking about their flavoured coffees...most of them seemed to have used flavoured coffees.

I just read my original post. Damned autocorrect...:oops:

But yeah, I'm thinking vanilla coffee with a good tobacco..
:cool:

I was vaping on Vanilla cream today and when I went for a "smoke" Break took a mug of coffee down with me. I thought to myself that coffee and vanilla would make an awesome mix. the next minute you guys are talking about doing it... I think that is fate stepping in and whispering DO IT!!!!

Just found this on reddit:

Coffee [extracting] is also easy. A heaping tablespoon of freshly ground coffee in 15ml - 25ml of PG mixed in a glass jar then heated in a simmering water bath for about 20 minutes, then filtered yields a very strong coffee extract. Mix about 2% - 10% in e-juice for a very fresh tasting coffee that doesn't taste burnt like many coffee flavourings.

Source

Will give that a go when I get some time :D

seriously though can we make that a sticky on the DIY juice section?

I saw the allert that someone posted here and I went looking for it. All I could find was the reply box. took me a while to see its you post :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I loved this kind of stuff during my school days. Dont know why I dont remember jack of it though. *gets up to fetch another beer*

Back